Alaloth - Early Access: June 30

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms will be released into Early Access on June 30 - here are the next steps:

Next steps and some useful info while waiting for June 30

Hello Champions!

What a great weekend with the Guerrilla Collective showcase, with the announcement of the Early Access release date for Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms! We had a few super crazy days to match the deadlines and be sure that everything was perfect for such an amazing moment for the whole team but, hey: June 30, 2022 is the day and we can't wait to open the gates of Plamen to players from all around the world, being finally able to explore the huge world we've built. We took a short break on Sunday, checking confs and chilling but there are just few days left before the big one, so it's time to speed-up things a bit and enter pre-release mood.

First of all, we want to thank all the people joining us, asking things, wishlisting the game [numbers are booming, lot of love for you all] and we want to give you an overview of what is going to happen before the launch. Being a small team, there are just two people taking care of community and PR-related topics, while dealing with the day by day activities of the studio, so forgive us for being a bit slow in answering. To make things easier, we invite you once again to join our official Discord server where we are going to set-up ad hoc channels to gather feeds about the EA, report bugs and to propose ideas and features to be put in-game. There will be topics on our board here on Steam too, but what we are trying to do is just to simplify the flow for both the team and the community. We are almost 24/7 on Discord and we can answer questions in real time there and this will be crucial especially after the launch, with people playing the game. We'll do our best to be fast on both sides but still, give us a few time to organize the work properly [hiring!].

Considering the huge amount of questions we've received, we are going to run a new AMA session on Discord next Monday, June 20 9AM PST/6PM CEST. Please check this post here to know more about this and send us your questions as suggested, to help the team answering topic by topic, the proper way.

Anyway, the most important thing now is giving a bit of context about the Early Access choice we've made as we've anticipated on Saturday. We announced EA back on May 30, with a gameplay trailer following the long silence with almost no updates in months. We consider the end of April as a fresh restart for the project, but it has always been intended as a restart more on the marketing and PR side than on the development side. The development never stopped, even if we had to face many issues on the way.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I have no desire to understand or even accept their reasons, as the game is already years behind schedule. The fact it's not even fully translated yet is appalling.

I'm starting to understand why the first publisher bailed out on this project.:roll:

I have no desire to understand or even accept their reasons, as the game is already years behind schedule. The fact it's not even fully translated yet is appalling.

I'm starting to understand why the first publisher bailed out on this project.:roll:

What schedule? Did this game go through fundraising campaign? Couldnt find such info about it. Anyway, it looks interesting, but I dont play unfinished games ...

Is that what happened? And if so, do we know why? I haven't found any information on that, only that they bought the rights back to publish it themselves, since they're publishers too, and do it like they wanted. It could be for many different reasons.

At least it's not a rushed release out of desperation, they decided to take the EA route to add features and finish it. I don't mind, I'll just watch and wait. :)

No it wasn't crowdsourced but it was announced back in 2018. First it was supposed to release in 2019 per updates, but was pushed back to 2020 for more development time.

Moving on to 2020 they went silent for a while with a few updates. Rumors and leaks started surfacing that game development was stalled due to a few critical bugs.

The developer claimed it wasn't true shared a few updates and moved the release date to 2021. We all know that didn't happen and had a few more months of silence.

Moving on to 2022 they announced they bought back the game from their publisher, but cant share any details why. Now we get a new release date but for Early Access.

Only three years late and this update claims the game is a mess but completed. So you see I have valid concerns why I shouldn't care about their excuses and reasons.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm…. Might have to give this one a look in EA. I've waited long enough!

Give us some impressions if you end up getting it. I've been interested for awhile but not enough to spring for an EA copy. I'm hoping they release a demo.

No it wasn't crowdsourced but it was announced back in 2018. First it was supposed to release in 2019 per updates, but was pushed back to 2020 for more development time.

Moving on to 2020 they went silent for a while with a few updates. Rumors and leaks started surfacing that game development was stalled due to a few critical bugs.

The developer claimed it wasn't true shared a few updates and moved the release date to 2021. We all know that didn't happen and had a few more months of silence.

Moving on to 2022 they announced they bought back the game from their publisher, but cant share any details why. Now we get a new release date but for Early Access.

Only three years late and this update claims the game is a mess but completed. So you see I have valid concerns why I shouldn't care about their excuses and reasons.

Thx for summing it for me, didnt follow this project to have idea. I have personally more understanding for mismanagement in case of small developers as they have limited resources and hit troubles easily.

But we all know its not all just matter of money as also biggest publishers and developers mismanage their projects almost on regular basis. Must be the unpredictabpe nature of the it development industry, or its full of incompetent managers. Or both.

Thanks for the summary @Couchpotato;, it does look like a difficult birth. It's not uncommon with indies, I suppose we should be cautious when it's out and wait for reviews.

It's a strange company, they look a bit messy and like a small team. What surprised me the most is the fact they're publishing other games.

We all know that didn't happen and had a few more months of silence.
Silence isn't necessarily a bad sign. They could have just been super busy working on the game. :)

You've been interested for a while, though, right? Are you gonna play EA?
Give us some impressions if you end up getting it. I've been interested for awhile but not enough to spring for an EA copy. I'm hoping they release a demo.
Will do!

Thanks for the summary @Couchpotato;I suppose we should be cautious when it's out and wait for reviews.
I don't think a review will be enough for me.

With some games you can tell what they're like based off other games from the same genre or developer. But this one looks weird! You've got this isometric perspective but then a sort of slow and measured action combat? Like, I've played isometric action RPGs and I've played Dark Souls but I can't really know for sure what mixing the two would be like. It's just something I have to experience first hand.

At a glance I'd say you move around too slowly. It's probably OK in combat but I feel like I'd rather walk around town 2 or 3 times faster than that. Is there a mount? :)

Back
Top Bottom