Alaloth - Gameplay Video

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
At Gamescom a new gameplay video was shown for Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms.

Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms New Gameplay Showcased at gamescom 2020!

Nintendo and PS4 have been added to the launch platforms for Alaloth in 2021

Krakow, Poland - August 28, 2020. All in! Games is thrilled to announce that Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms took part in the gamescom Daily Show hosted by IGN. In addition, Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms will now be available on all platforms--including Nintendo Switch and PS4--and will aim for a simultaneous release. Due to these plans as well as the global pandemic, the release window for the game has been shifted to 2021.

Watch the newest trailer and discover the world of Alaloth! The trailer focuses on exploration, shows new enemies the equipment window, and showcases a few of the houses in the game.

About Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms

Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms is a high-fantasy RPG set in a dark world inspired by the darkest period of The Middle Ages. It's a story about fierce warriors, war, and epic encounters. Alaloth brings ARPG dynamics to a new level with skill-based gameplay, unique real-time combat system, and a twist on familiar mechanics and old school titles.

And the challenge doesn't end after the first playthrough--new game modes are activated after finishing the game for the first time, giving players even more options for exploring the kingdoms and customizing their characters.

More information.

Looks really nice. I don't know, I'm still a sucker for everything isometric so I'm excited. It looks console-y, though, so that could be a minus for some people.

I've been waiting a few years to play this game. Now it's moved to 2021.:(

Is this another indie/budget Souls-like or something different? I can't tell clearly from the video. Also for some reason I thought this was a turn-based RPG until now. Woe is me.

One of my old posts on this tropic.:)

It's your typical isometric RPG with action combat, but this time the developers felt a need to emulate Dark Souls. So combat should be more challenging. We'll see I guess.

New gameplay video for Alaloth – Champions of the Four Kingdoms highlights skill-based combat and CRPG world

Forgot to add yep it's RTwP. I know how you feel about that from past posts.:biggrin:

Looks nice. The gameworld looks varied, with some nice backgrounds - I particularly liked the one at about 50s in where the character gets to the edge of a cliff. I'm ok with real time combat if it's done well, so I'll keep an eye on this.

Forgot to add yep it's RTwP. I know how you feel about that from past posts.:biggrin:

It just becomes too much overhead for me when it's 4-6 characters that all have to buff before combat, run to different spots, switch targets individually, move individually, react to everything individually practically every second of the encounter… just too much micromanaging to my taste, but I can bear it if the game is good and the challenge is right.

The symptom that tells me I'm not enjoying a RTwP game is when I start selecting all party and clicking enemies one by one til they die without care for tactics because the game doesn't require you to follow any tactics to win. Then to me it becomes equivalent to when you play a text based game and you're spamming spacebar to skip through text. You know the game is dead for you, even if you want to keep trying.

Anyway, this seems to be a game where you just control one character, so it's fine to me, as the amount of micromanagement is minimal and combat should be pretty well balanced about playing the one character.

I don't see the point of making it RTwP if you're only controlling a single character. I can't imagine many situations where you would need to micromanage 1 character.

Not a big fan of isometric games anyways unless there's a party.

I don't see the point of making it RTwP if you're only controlling a single character. I can't imagine many situations where you would need to micromanage 1 character.

From the blurb, I think it has real time action combat rather than RTwP.

From the blurb, I think it has real time action combat rather than RTwP.
Your right it's 5am I'm dead tired and posted something wrong. :lol:

Now excuse me it's time for bed.:sleep:

Seemed weird to me to have a single character game with tactical pauses but hey... I thought it would be some kind of bullet time mechanic or something that allowed you to freeze the action to aim spells and such. The game still looks good regardless.

Just being picky about the trailer, but I wish people wouldn't use these cheesy text effects and stock dramatic trailer music. Always gives things an amateurish feel, IMO.

Looks great! I prefer turn based, but have been spoiled with content so maybe I'll be willing to try something a little different by the time it comes out. I'm also a sucker for isometric.

ive been watching this for a while but 2021, fuck them, this was supposed to come out last year or in 2018

This looks interesting, but I don't really have time for games that are "difficult like Dark Souls" for difficulty's sake. I more just want to plow through and experience like a novel, game, or TV show without a huge barrier of "difficulty" - life is difficult enough that I don't need it emulated in games.

Cool ideas, though, and I'd probably snatch that up with an "easy" or "story" version. :)

I will definitely check this out. Looks good. So many here are SO rigid in what they like

Interesting. I wasn't impressed by the Raven's Hideout dungeon, though. Just a bunch of single enemies with no tactics. But it looks like a small starter zone, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom