Alaloth - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new teaser trailer for Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms.

Set in a vibrant fantasy world, built with the help of RPG legend Chris Avellone, Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms offers fast paced action with a deep narrative, in between a cRPG and an aRPG. The very first isometric souls-like game ever made: instant action, fun and a unique hardcore combat system to master. Intense combat and dungeon diving granted!
More information.

I see at least two also:

1. Overrated Chris Avellone. When are devs going to get that his name on a game is a death knell, not a reason to buy?

2. Isometric Infinity Engine clone. This has been done to death and needs to be buried.

Well I hated the games announcement but now I have some interest in the game. Still two things hold me back its Souls like combat, and it's another Unity Engine RPG.

2. Isometric Infinity Engine clone. This has been done to death and needs to be buried.

I like infinity engine clones. Why would burrying such games make you happy? There is plenty games in other genres to pick up from ... no?

Souls combat is the best real-time melee combat ever done in a video game. Period.

What I ultimately didn't like about Souls games is the intense discipline it took to be forced to do combat perfectly on a series of enemies over and over and over. I'm too old for that shit.

Mildly interested. Not sure i am completely sold on this one. I have to see how much of an RPG it actually is. If it is simply an isometric diablo-like game, i will have to pass.

Souls combat is the best real-time melee combat ever done in a video game. Period.

I completely agree with you. Also combining that with an isometric perspective and full fledged RPG mechanics sounds nice. And involvement of Chris Avellone isn't a bad thing. Lots of middle budget European RPGs suffer from poor translation, plot holes and other writing mistakes. At least they would improve that aspect with him.

I don't mind unity - i think unity games run better than unreal games.
-
I have no clue what people mean by 'souls like' anymore. I think it is just a term they throw out there to say you will die a lot; so they could just call it die-a-lot mechanics; except some of these games you never die because they are too easy; so maybe they mean you-are -suppose-to-die-alot-mechanics-in-which-you-might-not-die ?

To those comments who dislike the Unity engine -- on the other hand, I'm a fan of the Unity rpg engine, so this is now on my radar. That said, I hate it when rpg developers play "peek-a-boo" with their gaming footage, like they did here, and where all you see are a few seconds of gaming footage in ultra short clips. It's like, it makes me think they are hiding their game or something. As if they are embarrassed by the graphics and don't want people looking too closely at them.

As far as isometric games go, as an old school rpg fan, of course I'm all for them! More top down rpgs is always a good thing…

Well lets see long load times, memory leaks, corrupted saves. All trademarks of the Unity Engine and every RPG game made with it, and had everyone of those in every game.

So Unity can kiss my behind as I'm tired of dealing with tech support and it's failed solutions . Now I'm sure I'll hear it's me and my computer that's the problem once again.

As Ive read those comments before multiple times even on this forum.

I think we all know how couchpotato feels about the Unity engine, at this point. :biggrin:

But I simply have not had that same experience. Wasteland 2 was extremely smooth on my system - no memory leaks (that I could tell anyway) - no corrupted saves (for sure!) - and reasonable loading times. (though I'm a rather "patient gamer", I'd say, so it isn't something I would be getting upset about unless it was way overboard)

Plus, I absolutely loved Wasteland 2's isometric graphics. And how you could zoom in and out to a a pretty dramatic degree. Just playing the game was a pleasure, due to the graphics.

All of this is my own experience of the Unity engine of course. Though I have also seen some others who seem to have a similar outlook to mine regarding it.

Well I've read other posts with problems similar to mine on the internet.

Especially on Steam & Reddit. Started with Wasteland 2.

It's your computer. :mwahaha:
Well you proved my point. ;)

Anyway it must be my three PC's you mean with the same defect.

3/3 it seems so stats are on my side so is science.:p

The words "souls combat" was enough to turn me off :p

In all honesty I have not had any corrupted saves from any of the unity games I've played; and I don't recall seeing any significant memory leaks (they might be there but they did not cause issues on the my 8GB machine). Anyway I'm sure others have had problems with some (or maybe it is all) unity games I don't know. I do know that a few of them had long loading times (poe, battletech (is that one unity?)); but I don't remember the final version of wasteland 2 being too bad.
-
Anyway I'm not overly interested in this game but maybe it will be shockingly good on release and I'll change my mind.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the only thing souls like about the combat will be difficulty. The rest will be nothing like dark souls but, we’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom