C2077 Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so great about Cyberpunk: Edgerunners?

Cyberpunk 2077

Nathaniel3W

Lead Developer at Rockwell Studios
It's a competent show, I guess. And if you're really into the game, then I guess you'll be glad that there's a show set in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe. But is the show really that good? It's OK, but some people seem to think it's genius. Edgerunners is certainly nowhere near as good as Arcane, if we're comparing videogame-related animated series. Or do people just think Edgerunners is a brilliant marketing tie-in?

Not the only one. I managed to force myself to watch it through because the episodes were so short but found it awful. Then again I never got into anime. The music was good, though.

Seems it worked for marketing:
Cyberpunk 2077's player numbers, at least on Steam, have skyrocketed following the release of the Edgerunners anime and update. According to Steam Charts, the number of Cyberpunk 2077 players has increased more than 200% in recent weeks, going from an average of around 10,000 players a month ago to over close to 40,000 in the last 30 days. It's currently one of the most-played games on Steam with more than 86,000 concurrent players at the time of writing, the seventh most-played game on the platform.
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...ld-as-it-rides-edgerunners-wave/1100-6507888/

Back
Top Bottom