Anyone going to Gamescom ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

I'm just curious whether anyone is going to the Gamescom ?

I think that I'll sneak in in an afternoon. Probably the Friday after work (if work isn't too stressful). Not the full thing, as I feel more & more outdated there, so to say. ;)

Alrik

Not me. Been going there for years and the Games Convention in Leipzig before that. Have no desire to go there anymore.

Which is understandable, imho. ;)

"Games Com 2022 Impressions" report by me will be written today or tomorrow. Since I had a regular working day today, I'm still a little bit exhausted by my visit (so many impressions ...)

I'm jealous. There's never been anything like that within a reasonable distance from where I live. I'd kill to be able to attend something like Gamescom in person. :)

I'm somewhat confused by their Best Role Playing Game award.

It seems that their three picks are games that haven't been released yet.

But the page doesn't mention Most Promising, even though it does say they are awarding new games. But pre-release is a bit of a stretch to new.

Do all the judges get sent special early review copies, and is the list of nominations basically just a list of games that people have bothered to enter? Or have they already been filtering hundreds of games?

Also, of the three games, Dredge, Lies of P, Sunday Gold, can't really see much activity about them on our site here other than a couple of news threads and in one case a listing in the released RPGs section of Game Reviews, most of which have zero responders or amusing Nopes.

I'm jealous. There's never been anything like that within a reasonable distance from where I live. I'd kill to be able to attend something like Gamescom in person. :)
Well, you can be sure that we here have nothing like the GenCon or the Comic Con.

Well, there is some kind of Comic Con these days ... - but it's never so grand as the U.S. one.

I'm somewhat confused by their Best Role Playing Game award.

It seems that their three picks are games that haven't been released yet.

But the page doesn't mention Most Promising, even though it does say they are awarding new games. But pre-release is a bit of a stretch to new.

Do all the judges get sent special early review copies, and is the list of nominations basically just a list of games that people have bothered to enter? Or have they already been filtering hundreds of games?
I think so, yes. They must be at least playable.

I sent it to the team via HiddenX. Waiting for proof-reading (or how this is called).
It's a fairly long article.

Back
Top Bottom