Assassin's Creed - PC Port

lanux128

Sentinel
i'm sorry if this topic already exists but i've stopped reading reviews & comments for the console version in anticipation of the PC release. does anyone know approx. date?

Is it actually planned? Personally I wouldn't be looking to dump tons of cash into it.

OH - according to those it is Q1 '08 ... but nothing more specific. GameRankings has it as 02/12/08.

Iirc, it's very flexible Q1, so I would suggest looking for it in late March just to be safe if doesn't make early or mid Q1.

It's not definate - it may get cancelled, since the PC version was supposed to come out the same time as its console counterparts ...

I just finished the game last night on my Xbox 360 and I must say that this game is designed for a gamepad. I'm a mouse/keyboard kind of person myself and I usually mock about with the gamepad in many kinds of games on the box but right from the beginning of Assassin's Creed, the controls just felt natural.

Of course, if the PC version gets the "Games for Windows" label, then you can use a gamepad on the PC version as well, though I have yet to play a game that couldn't be played with the mouse/keyboard combo (except for Gothic :-/)

I just finished the game last night on my Xbox 360 and I must say that this game is designed for a gamepad. I'm a mouse/keyboard kind of person myself and I usually mock about with the gamepad in many kinds of games on the box but right from the beginning of Assassin's Creed, the controls just felt natural.

Of course, if the PC version gets the "Games for Windows" label, then you can use a gamepad on the PC version as well, though I have yet to play a game that couldn't be played with the mouse/keyboard combo (except for Gothic :-/)

lucky you! i've been hearing so many good things from my console-playing friends and i just had to see if the hype is justified..

PC Requirements Announced:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space: 12 GB

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

This is an absolute joke, and can only be due to unoptimized code. The Playstation 3 only has 512 MB of total RAM, but we need 2 GB minimum!?!

There are obvious differences due to dedicated processes and WIndows overhead and such ... but, yeah.

What do you mean? Gothic plays fantastic with the mouse\keyboard combo imo.

I merely meant that the role the mouse plays in the Gothic control scheme is virtually negligible to the point where one is almost better off only using the keyboard.

2 GB minimum is no big deal nowadays. RAM only costs 20 bucks per GB.

2 gb of low latency memory is still like 75€ atleast here. Also didnt windows xp have problems with more than 2gb of memory? Vista would cost even more and I dont even want it.

The trouble on XP can start somewhere above 3.0 GB, I think.
1 GB DDR-2, PC800 or what the fastest "official" spec is called, can be bought for 17 EUR in Germany. Solid brand, not NoName. Low latency is more expensive - but 99% of the people don´t need it.

I merely meant that the role the mouse plays in the Gothic control scheme is virtually negligible to the point where one is almost better off only using the keyboard.

I'm not sure what differences there are between the NA version and whichever one you played, but the mouse is far from being a negligible factor in Gothic. It's a definite advantage to be able to control the camera with mouse look, as opposed to having to use keys to manipulate it.

The 3GB recommendation is most likely due to Vista - the OS there eats up so much RAM. I'd expect it to run fine on XP with 2GB...

let's hope so.. i already have 2GB and i'm not in a hurry to upgrade to Vista. :)

Hopefully it'll be moddable... I'm thinking making our own contracts and challenges, since some of my friends say it can feel a little bit linear at times. I mean, I'd like to see Altair kill someone like two noble family heads, cause a feud between them and hide in the crowd and watch them tear at each other... And I hope the combat system will be good.

Back
Top Bottom