Assassin's Creed Ragnarok - Next Project?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports that Assassin's Creed: Ragnorak is the next game, according to 4chan. This is unconfirmed at this stage but the leak does include screenshots.

The next entry in the Assassin's Creed series is apparently going to be named Assassin's Creed Ragnarok, and it will be set in the Viking Age.

A recent leak has surfaced on 4chan complete with some off-screen screenshots. The game will be set in the Viking Age, and the main character will be an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok, a legendary Viking who fans of the History TV Show Vikings should know well, who will aid in the formation of the Great Heathen Army which invaded England in 865.

[...]
More information.

Please be true all of that leaked stuff :smitten:

Most of those items existed thousands and for some several thousands of years even before the Vikings. Yeah, lot of ignorant fools around but that is generally a life choice with so many books available on any subject so what is your point ? :)

Loves these debunks.:)

Anyway don't know about Vikings but we are getting a Rome game.

Link - https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/05/assassins-creed-ragnarok-spotted-in-the-division-2-easter-egg/
Previously we reported that the developer is working on Assassin’s Creed codenamed “Legion” which is set in Italy and will launch sometime in 2020. The rumor came from a known source who claims that we will be able to play with two characters named Cassius and Lucia (descendants from Origins and Odyssey) in the upcoming game.
More details.
– Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
– Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
– Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
– Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
– Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
– Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
– Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
– Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things
So who's telling the truth here?

See, I told you so. Vikings

See, I told you so. Vikings
Nothing has been confirmed yet as different sites claim different games. Wouldn't be surprised if we get both as Ubisoft has multiple studios making these games.

Anyway take any leak on 4Chan with a grain of salt.:biggrin:

Nothing has been confirmed yet as different sites claim different games. Wouldn't be surprised if we get both as Ubisoft has multiple studios making these games.

Anyway take any leak on 4Chan with a grain of salt.:biggrin:

Actually, that's a good point - there probably is more than one game in development right now.

Before any of these leaks started, I assumed ancient Rome would be the next game, given that it is thematically similar to the last two, making it an appropriate book end for an "ancient empires" themed trilogy. Plus the gameplay wouldn't need many tweaks and Italy was previously one of the most popular settings for a Creed game.

I guess we will see, either would be cool. It will probably be announced at E3

We already had a Rome based AC. And I'm beyond tired of Vikings in games. So I guess I'll be skipping AC games for a while.

We already had a Rome based AC. And I'm beyond tired of Vikings in games. So I guess I'll be skipping AC games for a while.
Well that was Renaissance/Crusader Era Rome not classical Rome which I like better. Also hated the earlier games. So it's a good thing the new direction sells more.
Actually, that's a good point - there probably is more than one game in development right now.
Yes Ubisoft has multiple studios who work on different games and sometimes share the workload to finish one game faster like Origins. Here was a graph from a few years back.

d1qutz7rvpqpj7zdmymz.jpg

Also Vikings does not go with the ancient trilogy setting it's more Dark Age/Middle Age.

I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed: Tamriel

Meh, vikings are overdone. Why not something more creative?
Assassin's Creed: Rednecks..central 'Murica, you play as young hillbilly ( eh? How does female hillbilly worded is?), taking out organic food chain spreading across the county…using all sorts of tools at disposal: hamburger takedowns, throwing cheeseburgers ( for distraction, you understand), etc.
Would be interesting ( and pretty accurate, too). :)

I would love to see a Chinese or Indian setting. Oh, why, why always soooo eurocentric? C'mon, it's cool to get to know other cultures.

Actually the next game will be set far in the future of Earth and the only protagonist will be Layla Hassan.

Oh, and it's third person.
At least try and give a news source for that. Otherwise I won't believe you :(

Vikings? Hell no! How boring. And yea, even the rumored Rome one might be a bit tired by now after the ancient Greece one. lol, they seem to be running out of historical periods, I mean, well known ones.

And the reason most game developers won't touch history based on foreign countries like China and India is people in the West generally know bupkis about that type of history. Hell, most people don't know American history all that well or much of Western history. Set a game with a heavy emphasis on Chinese history or India history and watch it sell like "New Coke" did. :p

Assassin's Creed: Rednecks..central 'Murica, you play as young hillbilly
They released FC5 recently which means such setting won't happen in AC series for years.

When it does, it's instabuy for me. Refused to buy FC5 of course.
Hell, most people don't know American history all that well or much of Western history.
Err… Wait. There is more to american history that isn't Carlo Gambino, Lucky Luciano or Al Capone?! O_O

Now seriously. Say thanks to Hollywood for worldwide ignorance and misconceptions. They had one job and they failed.

Back
Top Bottom