Astrox - Imperium

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch
I wonder if anyone here has been playing to Astrox - Imperium ?

I've discovered the game today. It's an Indi Space Based open world rpg. It has been in early access since 2019 and it got some pretty positive reviews on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954870/Astrox_Imperium/

I don't remember seeing it mentioned on this website. It's on sale at 40% this week and I might well give it a go.

I've not heard of this game until now, to be frank. And it being in early access isn't going to have me hustling to try it out immediately. Some games languish in that state for months or years, I wait until all the fixings are in place these days.

I've not heard of this game until now, to be frank. And it being in early access isn't going to have me hustling to try it out immediately. Some games languish in that state for months or years, I wait until all the fixings are in place these days.

I understand the feeling. For fairly linear games where the story is pretty important, I tend to share it (it's the reason why I don't want to play Selasta or BG3 yet!). But for open world games, games that are more sandbox with a huge replay value, I tend to not mind as much. I won't get spoiled or anything. My best years playing Mount and Blades (1) were when it was still in early access and it's pretty cool to see new features being added, step by step.

It's extremely rare for me to play space games and I mostly wait a long time after release. Even System Shock 2 was delayed for a year or two and I knew I'd love it.

It's extremely rare for me to play space games and I mostly wait a long time after release. Even System Shock 2 was delayed for a year or two and I knew I'd love it.

I don't think this is anything like SS2. That's an RPG in space not a space game. ;)

This looks pretty impressive for a 1 man project.

I hadn't heard of it before, but it looks very cool indeed. I prefer space games these days so I'm wishlisting this and his Astrox mining game too.

It looks like the type of game I would like to play but have no time for nowadays. Maybe I give it a shot over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom