Baldur's Gate 3 - Differerences to D&D 5e

Wolfheart never seems to tire of talking about BG3. I wonder if he's actually that big a fan or if there's some kind of kickback system in play here.

Seems like your quote is famous now ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YZ8B30vZg

EDIT: I don't think he read our ramblings here and in the spin-off thread, but he answers and echoes some of what has been said, it's informative. Don't miss the answer at the end about any kickback (that I had mistranslated in my original reply - now I see what it means :p).

Last edited:
Ha you've joined the club which is very few that have been quoted in YouTube videos. Past members include stingray and rune when I was news-editor on this site.:clap:

Nowadays I'm just waiting for it to actually get finished and released. Though new info shows the game is 3x times larger then planned so the delay is understandable.

Ha you've joined the club which is very few that have been quoted in YouTube videos. Past members include stingray and rune when I was news-editor on this site.:clap:
I was thinking about exactly that when I read Redglyph's post about JDR13 joining the club :lol:

He took the quote too literally, although that's probably my fault for using that term. I should have said incentive rather than kickback because that's what I really meant.

The dude is long-winded. I'll give him that. He takes 10 minutes to explain something that could have been done in 3-4 minutes.

I'm glad he's doing well with his BG3 coverage though. It just sucks that other games aren't getting him as many views because it sounds like he would enjoy a little more variety.

I'm glad he's doing well with his BG3 coverage though. It just sucks that other games aren't getting him as many views because it sounds like he would enjoy a little more variety.

He has 700+ hours on BG3 on his steam account. I think it would take a very particular personality to be able to play a game for that many hours and I think you are right that he does want to play other games. For the average gamer most stop at around 80-100 hours. When I put close to 170 hours on Pathfinder I felt completely burned out and I felt no desire to ever return to it. BG2 I probably have around 250-300 hours in but that is one of my favourite games and I've played through it about 5 times with years between each playthrough. The other key difference being that it is also a complete game. I can't imagine sinking 700+ into an incomplete game.

If that is what it takes to succeed as a streamer/content producer I am glad I have a normal job.

Back
Top Bottom