Baldur's Gate 3 - Panel from Hell 2

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Learn more about the upcoming Baldur's Gate 3 patch:

The Panel From Hell 2!

We're getting ready to go back to hell! Join us as we explore Larian's heftiest patch yet. The Panel from Hell is making its chaotic return! Featuring Principal Rules Designer of Dungeons & Dragons Jeremy Crawford, Creative Director Swen Vincke and guests Nick Pechenin, David Walgrave and more, this livestream promises to reveal a heaving assembly of news and updates for Baldur's Gate 3 - including the biggest patch note ever forged in the fiery pits of Larian.
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways we're meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Short overview from Fextralife:

More information.

The more, the merrier :) Though I must confess I never liked to roleplay as a druid when I played tabletop with friends, no matter the Edition (AD&D 2nd/D&D 3rd/D&D 5th, these were the editions I played tabletop).

I wonder what they are doing to improve Tielfings.

Let it be said all I really care about is a release date at this point. As I have zero interest in playing anymore Early Access content. I made my opinion obvious about EA before.

Nothing but hype and waiting years for a game to be content complete.:rolleyes:

Let it be said all I really care about is a release date at this point. As I have zero interest in playing anymore Early Access content. I made my opinion obvious about EA before.

Nothing but hype and waiting years for a game to be content complete.:rolleyes:

When you say "content complete" I think you're referring to DLCs and such, right? So you won't be playing it before a Director's Cut / Ultimate Cut gets released? (Honest question)

When you say "content complete" I think you're referring to DLCs and such, right? So you won't be playing it before a Director's Cut / Ultimate Cut gets released? (Honest question)
Honest answer it depends but in Larian's case I'll probably play it on release. As they don't really release much DLC they just remaster their games with patches/updates.:)

*Release meaning when it's off Early Access.

I must admit that today I got concerned about the release date watching the stream. They were all teasing about this next BIG UPDATE. When in fact it is just another class. I felt mislead. Don't get me wrong, I do imagine the amount of work that implementing the Druid class must require. And I don't want the game to be rushed at all. But there are several core classes and races that were not implemented yet. Furthermore, I have no idea how much chapters 2 and 3 are completed. So, the way I see it there is tons of work left to do and this game won't probably be releasing this year…

I'm not really paying much attention to these updates any longer since I don't plan on playing anymore until it's released. Despite how tempting it is, I'm staying away so more of the game will be new to me when it's finished.

I am very much interested in this game but I have no interest in playing early access or in finding out any details about the game, other than release date (I'm not counting on any date but hopefully within the next year or two ... when it's ready only).

Even so, I watched bits of this video and it seemed fun. I am glad that the developers are apparently enthusiastic about the game enough to have events to share with fans.

I'll probably wait for the release as well, or several major updates. They didn't seem interested in people reporting issues, and there's little interest for me to revisit more of the EA.

I watched a little part of the stream but the sound was so bad I left. I think they already had this problem last time, it's surprising they went into so much trouble setting a background (and feeding a cow :D) but didn't try to find a decent microphone.

Did they say if they wanted to add many other classes and races? If they do release this year, it looks like it's going to be a close one.

Pretty underwhelming for a "big update". If this was owlcats they would be talking about adding 5 new classes, 20 subtypes and 10 new subraces and completing another chapter of the story...

Pretty underwhelming for a "big update". If this was owlcats they would be talking about adding 5 new classes, 20 subtypes and 10 new subraces and completing another chapter of the story…
Let's wait for the actual update before criticizing ;)

I really like Owlcat Games' way of keeping us informed, they're really great! But I'm not sure what you mean, is it from the alpha 2 to the beta, or between beta updates? The last ones did add improvements, but not the extent you suggest. It wouldn't be wise to unleash so much at once anyway, and it would also mean more distant updates.

Don't forget it's the type of Early Access in which they will deliberately keep a lot of development under wraps until the final release to keep the interest up.

Woah, based on the latter video they are adding a lot of stuff! See @Couchpotato;, they listened to you and will make it possible to turn RNG off when you fail too much ;)

This game is just getting more and more complex. I am curious to see how they'll manage to keep it together given so many interwoven systems. I loved what they had done to the rogue class and now they seem to do the same for the druid. I never played a druid in BGs because it seemed like a filler class. If you really can shapeshift and the environment responds to your shape (like the dog talking to you being a wolf), I will certainly do one play-through as a druid. In principle, it should be my favorite class but no game has done it right yet.

The early-access of BG3 was my GotY of 2020. I have not enjoyed any game as much as I enjoyed that one in a long time. There is no chance that v1.0 would be released this year, at least not in a playable form given the complexity. May it be my GotY of 2022 or 2023 :) Looking forward to it whenever it releases :)

Woah, based on the latter video they are adding a lot of stuff! See @Couchpotato, they listened to you and will make it possible to turn RNG off when you fail too much ;)
Damn right they did the grumpy potato got his way again.:p

Seriously though I have a trainer already that bypassed that.

Link - https://www.cheathappens.com/72193-PC-Baldurs-Gate-3-trainer

Also a cheaper more user unfriendly version is alas available for use.

Link - https://www.wemod.com/cheats/baldurs-gate-3-trainers

The early-access of BG3 was my GotY of 2020. I have not enjoyed any game as much as I enjoyed that one in a long time. There is no chance that v1.0 would be released this year, at least not in a playable form given the complexity. May it be my GotY of 2022 or 2023. Looking forward to it whenever it releases
You nailed why I hate early access and prefer the old way of publishing games. ;)

I found the panel pretty disappointing. If you look at Larian's forum's there's a very active community (with both moderate and extreme views of course) making well thought out and implementable proposals to help steer the game towards 5E (D&D) - with some semblance of balance ... you know, using 5E rules that have been play-tested and demonstrably work? None of those glaring issues with the mechanics were even acknowledged ( e.g. "we've taken note of X, and we're thinking of a good a compromise..') and the WotC guy they had just nodded and smiled and reminded us, that 'table-top is very different from a cRPG and we must expect changes!' Duh Sure, there are cases where that is required, but many of the changes Larian have made are just arbitrary, balance breaking showyness - there for the wow factor (and because they like incendiaries) Usually I'm amused by Sven's antics, but they seems a bit forced this time and I bailed when he started his playthrough. The new druid wildshape already looks unbalanced .cf. cat shoves goblin off roof. I don't have high expectations going forward anymore. I'm also afraid of how the unseen content and levels will play out, given that those won't have been through EA/sanity check at all.
Mods can address some of this, but there are still no proper reactions, or mention of them (just their arbitrary auto-fire reactions- which are pretty terrible), and I don't know how well mods can add such things in. And of course, all the set piece encounters are designed around their cheesy mechanics, so those would have to be redone too. Then again, maybe I'm being too negative…this is EA, maybe the game will miraculously turn around and become what I hoped? I really doubt it will be done this year though.

You nailed why I hate early access and prefer the old way of publishing games. ;)

To be honest, most of this is basically playtesters paying for the privilege.
For people who just want to play the final product, the only need is to wait.

To be honest, most of this is basically playtesters paying for the privilege.
For people who just want to play the final product, the only need is to wait.

If only - at least companies usually listen to their play testers! I don't see any fundamental shift in the game mechanics happening. I think they have their heart set on their 'style' of play and that's what we'll get. Sure, if I didn't go in expecting a 'proper' D&D 5E games, I'd be less disillusioned and still enjoy it, but I did and now I'm pretty unhappy with what I see. Anyway, my moaning isn't going to change anything, I realise that.

Back
Top Bottom