BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
Since there's still enough to put in the game that some of it remains locked in the Larian vault, I ask how confident they are in the August 2023 release date for Baldur's Gate 3. "I've always been wrong about the release dates," says Vincke, "but we have a pretty strict plan right now. When we're talking, we have these charts, these dashboards that show us where we are, and all of them are converging much earlier, actually, than August..."

Here Vincke almost begins thinking out loud, mentioning that this should give them time to polish everything, though there are a couple of factors that could still upset the process because they're not finished yet, but of those they've - and then he sort of snaps back. "The short answer to your question is yes. Obviously, stuff goes wrong. Right?" he says, with another grin. "The short answer is yes, we're fairly confident that we'll manage to get there in August."

Interesting. I didn't know Larian had that many studios.
They opened up that many only after their DOS games.

Bought this a few days ago since they released it on GFN; very pleasant surprise since i was expecting it at release in the summer.
Good alternative for Boosteroid version for those that played on Stadia

Yeah, I think WolfheartFPS has a few good points there. I doubt fans would seriously boycott the game though, except maybe a few miguided people.
I'm not even going to bother watching the video because it sounds like more filler that he threw out there to keep pace. Even the title and thumbnail look like clickbait.

I'm not even going to bother watching the video because it sounds like more filler that he threw out there to keep pace. Even the title and thumbnail look like clickbait.
You won't miss anything. I think he does that in part in response to the questions he gets, and yeah, I guess youtubers can't turn down good opportunities.

Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to PS5 day and date with PC: August 31, 2023. The land of Faerûn is under siege by a hostile and otherworldly force known as mind flayers. Their army expands with every brain they infect with parasitic tadpoles, a creature that now wriggles deep within your own mind. You are becoming one of them: a monster feared across many worlds. But as their corruption grows within you, so do mysterious new powers.

Take a peek behind the recording booth with us and J.K. Simmons as General Ketheric Thorm. Ketheric’s plans for the people of Faerûn are as complex as his motivations, so we knew his role would benefit from the kind of depth that renowned character actor J.K. Simmons could provide. What do you think Ketheric's goals are? What power lends him his apparent invincibility? Find out when Baldur's Gate 3 releases for PS5, PC, Mac and GeForce NOW on August 31st.

I don't think it's a big deal. I remember the salami sticks, or whatever they are, being mentioned back when the EA was released. I didn't see much humor when I played through most of the first act, and I doubt it'll be an issue later on.

One thing I do think is silly though and don't like are the exaggerated accents in some of the voice acting.

Humour is very much a personal thing. I love British humour and dislike American. I enjoy seeing humour, even attempts at humour in games which I play for fun, for entertainment. The world is dark and gritty enough, so why do I need that in a game I'm playing to forget about the world's mess??!! :LOL:

Humour is very much a personal thing. I love British humour and dislike American. I enjoy seeing humour, even attempts at humour in games which I play for fun, for entertainment. The world is dark and gritty enough, so why do I need that in a game I'm playing to forget about the world's mess??!! :LOL:
That's such a broad brush.

Back
Top Bottom