BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
He can voice whatever opinion he wants to. It's a public forum.

Anyway a re-post from the other thread.:)

The system requirements were shared today.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_3/
Minimum

Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space

Recommended

Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
Also here is the usual Early Access FAQ.

Why Early Access?

We’ve learned that working directly with our players during development makes our games better. RPGs this large, with so many permutations, thrive from feedback as new features and fixes are incrementally added to the game. Early Access gives players a chance to participate in development and it gives us an opportunity to explore different game ideas with a live community. We want to learn how you play the game and use that to make it a better experience for everyone.

Will I enjoy Early Access?

You should not buy Baldur’s Gate 3 in Early Access if you want a polished experience.

Early Access gives you a chance at an early taste of what the gameplay will be like but we still have a lot of work ahead of us. While we did our best to remove the most annoying bugs and optimize the game as much as we could, there are still plenty of issues and it will take us time to fix them. Only buy the game now if you want an early look or if you want to participate in community feedback. Otherwise, you’re probably best off waiting until version 1.0 releases.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

Though Act 1 (the content for Early Access) is defined, Act’s 2 and 3 are work in progress. It’s therefore difficult to predict when 1.0 will launch. We anticipate Baldur’s Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we’ll have to see how it goes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

Leading up to release you can expect a plethora of incremental improvements and new features to be added to the game, as well as the inclusion of new classes and races. The 1.0 release will include the full game including Acts 2 and 3.

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

The Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 includes Act 1 of the game which, in one playthrough, is approximately 25 hours of self-contained content. 6 player classes are supported and XXX races/subraces with more to be added later. There are 5 origin characters which you can recruit (but not play as for now). Most of Baldur’s Gate 3’s advertised features are included though some are still work in progress. Not every language is currently supported, as our writers are still developing the game which makes translation difficult.

We’ve worked hard to release an Early Access version that feels complete, fun to play, and has as little stub (unfinished) content as possible. There are bugs and there will be changes to content (often based on player feedback), but our goal is to already now give you something that’s genuinely fun to play.

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

We are creating our most ambitious RPG yet, and pricing won’t change during development of the game, into release. We hope that by purchasing the game early, you’re on board for the Early Access journey, and we thrive from your feedback, letters, and discussion around our games. Our community is incredibly important to us, and we value each and every one of you who opt into the Early Access journey.

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

Since day one of Baldur's Gate 3’s announcement, community discussion, feedback, and organization (thank you) has shaped what we’ve said and done. Though we have a strong vision for the game throughout our team of over 300 people, our goal is to create a game that gets our audience excited, and to maintain a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback and help us create a better game. We use automatic data collection tools to help us better balance the game but we also listen to forum feedback and use that to drive internal debate. We create massive, sprawling games, and we couldn’t possibly explore every single permutation and combination of skills, choices, reactions and conclusions without our community. Working with your thoughts, feedback, and behaviour helps us to better understand how our ideas are toyed with, and how we can improve things

Demanding that a fantasy game cling tightly to his personal defintion of what's allowed in the setting pretty much defines fanboy.

You're a tool. Noone was "demanding" anything. I was stating that they have an uphill battle when it comes to lore continuation since that trailer makes no sense in the Forgotten Realms. But you're just so ravenous with hype that you took it as an offense. Plenty of things to go nuts over in the world these days - a game ain't one.

You're a tool. Noone was "demanding" anything. I was stating that they have an uphill battle when it comes to lore continuation since that trailer makes no sense in the Forgotten Realms. But you're just so ravenous with hype that you took it as an offense. Plenty of things to go nuts over in the world these days - a game ain't one.

Edit: deleted my original reply. It's not worth going onward with this. I hope we both get what we want. (btw, I'm not "ravenous" for it; I'm not sure I'll even buy it this year)

200.webp

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

The Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 includes Act 1 of the game which, in one playthrough, is approximately 25 hours of self-contained content. 6 player classes are supported and XXX races/subraces with more to be added later.

What? They'll be adding 30 races/subraces later??? :p :p :p

I'm genuinely interested on what gives you the entitlement to decide what makes sense in the Forgotten Realms, other than your narrow thinking - especially since Larian is working closely (and sometimes feels, under a leash) with WotC, and the canon adventures are all quite epic and fantabulous in their nature. Again, in BG1 itself you play the son of a god that would ascend to godhood by level 7, when any normal character would be struggling to defeat a band of kobolds to earn their day's keep.

Just cut the shit and of course, share your opinion, but please don't dictate what's the FR lore or what makes sense for it since you have absolutely no clue, all you have is doubt/skepticism/animosity towards Larian/BG3 and it seeps too obviously out of your uninformed comments.

I hope the epic plot still leaves scope for classic low level D&D adventuring, at least in the early parts of the game. I don't like it when the epic tap gets turned on too early. We shall see!

I hope the epic plot still leaves scope for classic low level D&D adventuring, at least in the early parts of the game. I don't like it when the epic tap gets turned on too early. We shall see!

It's usually like that. You're surrounded by epic events, but your party faces all mundane problems. I personally don't enjoy DnD at very high levels, magic and powers get out of proportion, and players get access to trump cards that win every encounter without much thought or consideration, and that's when DnD is at its worst, because you stop feeling the need to be creative to get through the challenges that you find.

Seems a few people are mad at larian for the spoilers.:biggrin:

Warning: For a potty mouth you were warned.

Larian Studios comes out and announces Baldur's Gate III Early Access date however in the first moments of the live stream they go on for 5-10 minutes spoiling the story of most fo the first act! I definitely was not excepting this and wants the systems and basic overviews talked about. This was definitely not okay to Spoil!

The full presentation with the O&A from Fextralife.

Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Release Date, BG3 Gameplay, Size, Date and Interview with Swen Vincke! The Full Panel From Hell Livestream with Swen Vincke from Larian Studios. Discussing details about the upcoming Early Access, when it will be launching and how big it will be. He also joined us after the stream for an exclusive interview about the game!

BG3 Early Access Release Date Confirmed September 30th 2020
Will be 20 Hours!
Multiple scenarios, over 80 combat scenarios
We talk BG3 Itemization, Random or new Items to D&D, and more!

Baldur’s Gate III Interview on Evolving the Series - IGN
“We want it to be the best game we've ever made, but we also want it to be the best Baldur's Gate game possible,” says Larian’s Senior Writer Adam Smith in a recent interview with IGN, explaining that to do so, the team is focused on not only modernizing Baldur’s Gate for new audiences, but pushing the boundaries current of RPGs as well, rather than just making another Baldur’s Gate with fancier graphics. “Baldur's Gate wouldn't have been the success that it was – critically, commercially, or in terms of reviving what a CRPG could be,” Smith says, “if it hadn't been looking forward. And so Baldur’s Gate 3 has to do the same.”

That doesn’t mean that Larian is just scrapping all of the lore established by Baldur’s Gate I & II, though. The team is looking at everything that happens up until the end of Baldur’s Gate 2 as canonical history. ”No one's ever going to know if you picked the pocket of that one innkeeper,” Smith laughs. “But everything that happened, happened.”

The city's changed, Smith continues, and they’ve had fun looking at what would have happened, politically or socially, in the gap between games. “So we look at all of that, but [the gap between games] is enough time to give us a clean slate for new characters. Although some of them have long memories, as well,” he adds, wryly.

The team is looking at everything that happens up until the end of Baldur’s Gate 2 as canonical history. ”No one's ever going to know if you picked the pocket of that one innkeeper,” Smith laughs. “But everything that happened, happened.”

Have they said if you can import any world states from previous games - even if just the name of the Bhaalspawn, final decision about the throne, companion fates etc? They seem to be hinting at that.

Have they said if you can import any world states from previous games - even if just the name of the Bhaalspawn, final decision about the throne, companion fates etc? They seem to be hinting at that.

That would be cool, but I don't see it happening. They'd have to code a program just to read IE save states and include it in BG3.

My guess is that things from the original trilogy will be mentioned but ambiguously enough to not imply specific outcomes.

Yeah you're probably right. The alternative to having BG3 read save states would be an optional section at the start where you could choose BG2 outcomes (I think Dragon Age 3 did this if I remember right, through an optional comic book style section, in that case presumably because parts one and two were on older console generations). But I think your guess is most likely correct.

The alternative to having BG3 read save states would be an optional section at the start where you could choose BG2 outcomes.

Indeed, I hope they include something like that. It would be nice to have that feeling of continuity. I plan on replaying the BG trilogy prior to the release of BG3.

Baldur's Gate 3 - Official Intellect Devourer Gameplay Demo

Baldur's Gate 3 - Official Full Intro Cinematic

Baldur's Gate 3 Gets Early Access In September

Githyanki have been riding red dragons for ages. That's been around for 20+ years. There has been modules where that's the main story line.

Back
Top Bottom