BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
Baldur's Gate 3 - Patch 8 revealed LIVE at the Panel From Hell

Live from a theatre in Ghent, it's the Panel From Hell! Join us for a musical deep-dive into Patch 8 for Baldur's Gate 3, featuring special guests Neil Newbon (as Neil the Elven Troubadour), Stephen Hogan (as Volo), and Belgian metal band Hunter (led by our very own David Walgrave).
Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #16: Of Valour and Lore - Steam

The next time someone quotes to you from that famous old adage, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me," grab hold of their lapels and ask:

“But what if those words were spoken by a Bard?”

Hello again, friends! I come to you today with a fresh Community Update to ring in the release of our latest patch, Patch #8: Of Valour and Lore. As you may have already gleaned from the title, today’s update introduces a playable class: Bards!

Whether they’re spitting pithy one-liners on the frontlines of combat, or inspiring your party with instrumental buffs from the sidelines, Bards are a powerful class to have in your party - a jack-of-all-trades who can cast powerful spells with just a melody, wield cutting insults as if they were weapons, and potentially kill a man with a pun about his scrotum.

But a new class isn’t all you have to look forward to in this update. Today’s patch notes are an eye-watering 19 pages-long, and features countless improvements and fixes alongside a new playable Gnome race, a major upgrade to the pace of combat, musical instruments, fresh hairstyles and colours, and much more.

Let’s take a closer look at some of the highlights you can look forward to in Baldur’s Gate 3.

I've never really understood bards. It's just not my style of gameplay I suppose.

I've watched a few minutes and saw bards could insult the enemy to impact their psyche (throw penalty I assume), which I found original. It could be cool, if it's done with taste, which seemed to be the case. It's not trash words or anything completely vulgar, but more what you'd expect from a witty bard.

Personally, I'm having more fun with Baldurs' Gate -Dark Alliance........:oops:

WolfheartFPS posted a few new videos.

Personally, I'm having more fun with Baldurs' Gate -Dark Alliance..:oops:
74ce76c6-3735-4b3a-a73c-0dff91243bd8_text.gif

:lol:

I've never really understood bards. It's just not my style of gameplay I suppose.

I've watched a few minutes and saw bards could insult the enemy to impact their psyche (throw penalty I assume), which I found original. It could be cool, if it's done with taste, which seemed to be the case. It's not trash words or anything completely vulgar, but more what you'd expect from a witty bard.

Agree. I did find bards pretty good in Kingmaker though. I remember them being useful for their skill boost ability and buffs. The fascinate song at level 6 is pretty good too if you can get your DC high enough - it basically takes care of all the trash mobs so you can just focus on the leader/boss.

Agree. I did find bards pretty good in Kingmaker though. I remember them being useful for their skill boost ability and buffs. The fascinate song at level 6 is pretty good too if you can get your DC high enough - it basically takes care of all the trash mobs so you can just focus on the leader/boss.

Good to know, I should try. Pathfinder is the only ruleset for which I didn't try bard, because there are so many classes available. Or I was not really using Linzi's full potential when I took her in the party (which was not often), just basic abilities.

Bards are brilliant must have support characters in DDO. Any party without one is the poorer for it!!

I'm reinstalling the dang thing, all 100+ gigabytes of it. Probably no point to doing so, but I want to see if what Silver said about it running better holds true for me. :sweatdrop:

Edit: Still runs like hot garbage. I think the game says you can run it with 8gb, but that's not true. Not yet, at least.

Last edited:
Baldur's Gate 3 Builds: Bard Class Build Guide

Last edited:
I'm reinstalling the dang thing, all 100+ gigabytes of it. Probably no point to doing so, but I want to see if what Silver said about it running better holds true for me. :sweatdrop:

Edit: Still runs like hot garbage. I think the game says you can run it with 8gb, but that's not true. Not yet, at least.

Just that first chapter is over 100GB now? Wowza!

Damn that is a lot of disk space for this kind of game. I think they did a pretty poor job on optimising DOS2 as well. It was 63GB according to steam! I think that is a lot given that the graphics weren't anything special!

But by the time it's released everyone will have 5 TB SSDs so it's fine
I wish those drives are expensive and not getting cheaper. 2TB is my limit.:p

It may be another case of a "full-content demo" (where they're currently at, anyway) because it's too complex to isolate the assets of chapter 1 for just an early access.

Current requirements specify 150 GB, probably a good educated guess from their part. Of course when they mention that, it's not counting the space needed for the updates, so you must at least double that on Steam. I hope Larian will split this huge file they had at the beginning, I don't want to download 70+ GB for each update again.

This would be his third video on the topic. Must be running out of topics.:biggrin:

So what's the conclusion? Is it?

EDIT: didn't and will not watch the videos

Back
Top Bottom