Baldur's Gate 3 - The Game Awards Teaser Video

Now that would be nice! EDIT: the Avowed part, I haven't played OW.

About strategy games, you can watch the release stream of Knights of Honor II: Sovereign on Twitch right now. Brad seems to have a good time as usual. :) (it's a THQ Nordic game, don't buy on GOG!)
The original Knights of Honor was a good game so the sequel has a high bar to beat. Like you said though beware the GOG release as THQ Nordic updates patches very slowly.

Also sorry for the double post I can't copy or reply to two post like before. Forum won't let me copy each one. I know I can quote multiple posts but I see no button to add them.

Mostly 4X and strategy games.
Been wondering why more people aren't playing Age of Wonders: Planetfall. I guess it had a bad launch or something. <shrug>

Been wondering why more people aren't playing Age of Wonders: Planetfall. I guess it had a bad launch or something. <shrug>
I agree it wasn't a bomb though and sold enough copies to be successful. Triumph Studios has another game in development right now as well, but hasn't shared details.

That's strange. Don't you see those little guys when you add quotes? Maybe that's worth a trip to the bug section

The button only shows up half the time when I need it and usually gives me an error. Something about error with the browser or console. So it's definitely bugged for me.

Mostly 4X and strategy games. Starfield should keep me occupied next year as well. DA4 might get released as well. On the tactic side next year looks to be a gold mine.

Check out one of the newer news-bits with the video list of titles.
Have you tried Victoria 3 ? It's quite good, but basically an economy simulator :D

Have you tried Victoria 3 ? It's quite good, but basically an economy simulator :D
I have the game downloaded but we all know it will get at lest ten more DLC's, and be a different game at that point. Though Crusader Kings and Heart of Iron I enjoy more.

Isn't Planetfall a few years old at this point?
A few. Last patch was in May 2021. The last DLC was two years ago.

I tried. Believe me, I tried. I'm not even entirely sure why, but I found it terminally boring and could never get going.
Can't blame you the multiple campaigns and starting from scratch each time is an energy drain. I actually enjoyed Age of Wonders 3 more. Did you play that game yet?

Can't blame you the multiple campaigns and starting from scratch each time is an energy drain. I actually enjoyed Age of Wonders 3 more. Did you play that game yet?
Yeah, I liked that better for whatever reason (it's not because I like fantasy more than science fiction), but had trouble getting that "one more turn" feeling from that too, tbh.

The original Knights of Honor was a good game so the sequel has a high bar to beat. Like you said though beware the GOG release as THQ Nordic updates patches very slowly.
Ouch, the reception of Knights of Honor II: Sovereign is not good at all. The game is criticized for its poor performance, its basic interface, the unbalanced gameplay... Forget I ever mentioned it.

Ouch, the reception of Knights of Honor II: Sovereign is not good at all. The game is criticized for its poor performance, its basic interface, the unbalanced gameplay... Forget I ever mentioned it.
Seems my intuition was correct then. Whats up with the mediocre THQ Nordic releases lately? I tried another recent game called The Valiant and it was terrible as well on release.

Here's hoping the Gothic Remake, Jagged Alliance 3, Tempest Rising, and next Spellforce are good. Games still make a profit though given interviews and earning reports.

Edit: Built in spell check misspelled a few words. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Seems my intuition was correct then. Whats up with the medicare THQ Nordic releases lately? I tried another recent game called The Valiant and it was terrible as well on release.

Here's hoping the Gothic Remake, Jagged Alliance 3, Tempest Rising, and next Spellforce are good. Games still make a profit though given interviews and earning reports..
I think THQ Nordic is a mixed bag.

THQ Nordic aren't helping themselves if they produce more games like the new Saints Row. Lets just say they need to have a solid vision and good talent to make good games.

Hopefully we will get a release date for BG3 in a few hours

Back
Top Bottom