BG3 Baldur's Gate III

Baldur's gate 3
I agree, the elemental thing was indeed very overused. I quit regularly felt that it was the only thing that mattered in combat. At a certain point, I just switched to story mode to be no longer bothered by it. It was still there, but at least it was quickly done.
I really hope they don’t think of new combos to do. It would be better to have interactive environments in the sense that you could burn a scaffold and have it collapse on top of whoever is beneath it. Or have a wall tumble down because you hit it hard. That if you decide to create a cursed fire in a forest, the trees actually start to catch fire, which causes the forest to burn, which pisses of a lot of people and you are no longer welcome in the town anymore, because you burned their forest and now they have no trees to chop and wood to make anymore, resulting in poverty. And that is all your doing....

I agree, the elemental thing was indeed very overused. I quit regularly felt that it was the only thing that mattered in combat. At a certain point, I just switched to story mode to be no longer bothered by it. It was still there, but at least it was quickly done.
I really hope they don’t think of new combos to do. It would be better to have interactive environments in the sense that you could burn a scaffold and have it collapse on top of whoever is beneath it. Or have a wall tumble down because you hit it hard. That if you decide to create a cursed fire in a forest, the trees actually start to catch fire, which causes the forest to burn, which pisses of a lot of people and you are no longer welcome in the town anymore, because you burned their forest and now they have no trees to chop and wood to make anymore, resulting in poverty. And that is all your doing….

Agreed. I would like to be able to break prison bars by applying a frost spell followed by a flame spell to make them brittle. That sort of thing.

The trouble is, to implement that sort of thing beyond a few carefully scripted encounters, it can be surprising how quickly it gives rise to overwhelming complexity in the game design.

The trouble is, to implement that sort of thing beyond a few carefully scripted encounters, it can be surprising how quickly it gives rise to overwhelming complexity in the game design.

You just have to protect your critical encounters/story paths. For example: this door is magically locked and requires a particular key. I can see how it would get out of hand pretty quickly through if not careful.

Or just use it sparingly. Make environmental interaction during combat an occasional thing rather than the norm.

You just have to protect your critical encounters/story paths. For example: this door is magically locked and requires a particular key. I can see how it would get out of hand pretty quickly through if not careful.

I do think, though, that once you get into the idea of every fire source having to take regard of the environment, which might involve significant C&C, and the permutations of that and all the other powers and situations, you'd get into trouble quite quickly.

I do think, though, that once you get into the idea of every fire source having to take regard of the environment, which might involve significant C&C, and the permutations of that and all the other powers and situations, you'd get into trouble quite quickly.

I would of said the same for Origin stories yet Larian managed to pull it off. With enough time and craziness perhaps its possible. ;)

So decent in to avernus, the PNP module is supposed to be the prequel to BG3.

It (decent to avernus) takes place in hell, explore lawful evil and chaotic evil characters and take characters to level 13.

Really hope BG3 doesn’t have any of that and isn’t a high level adventure. I enjoy the low level struggle. Don’t like playing game in alternate planes and don’t like playing evil characters.

So needless to say this would be disappointing.

Hopefully BG3 just happens in the material plane after these events.

Certain parts of the game will most certainly take place in Baldur's Gate. That much has already been confirmed.

As for it being low level: Not likely. It will likely start at low levels, but Illithids appear to play a central role, and they're typically high level enemies. A low level party wouldn't stand a chance.

Edit: It can still end at medium-to-high levels though (15-20, like NWN2 for example). It doesn't have to be MotB/HotU levels just because Illithids are there.

Well, it could be that you won't fight Illithids directly until endgame. It would be quite fitting if you mainly fight their minions instead. So I think and hope we'll play a good part of the game in low and medium level.

And my preference too would be to play on the primal plane for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom