Battle Lords - Now King's Bounty

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In an interesting move, 1C and Katauri (ex Elemental Games, Space Rangers) have decided to rename Battle Lord to King's Bounty: The Legend. King's Bounty is, of course, New World Computing's forerunner to Heroes of Might & Magic and was the inspiration for Battle Lord:
MOSCOW, Russia, March 28, 2007 – Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company announced today that the hotly anticipated game Battle Lord (working title) has changed its name. Moving forward the project’s official title is King’s Bounty™: The Legend. The change of names does not mean any changes for release dates or the main conception behind the project.

“King’s Bounty: The Legend is an adventure with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The character and his army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. While communicating with NPCs and fulfilling different tasks, the player controls their character in real-time mode and all battles take place in classic King’s Bounty mode with a strong emphasis on turn-based tactical elements”, says Ivan Magazinnikov, project lead designer.

Developed by faithful fans of the original King’s Bounty, King’s Bounty: The Legend continues the remarkable traditions of the legendary role-playing adventure. This creation of Katauri Interactive is not just a spiritual successor for the critically acclaimed series, but its true rejuvenation.

“Our aim was to create a game that would preserve the traditions of the classic PC title,” adds Nikolay Baryshnikov, International Sales Director of 1C Company. “King’s Bounty was a founder of a new and very popular genre. There are still people that remember and love this game throughout the world. I’m sure that together with Katauri Interactive, the creators of the successful Space Rangers series, we will able to deliver a game worthy of its famous predecessor.”

The current release date is scheduled for Q4 2007.

Additional information about the game is available here: http://int.games.1c.ru/kingsbounty/
More information.

Never played the old KB but I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Cool! King's Bounty is one of the best strategy games of all time.

as a 16 year old I paid $40 for the game because it looked interesting. I was so swept up in it that I finished it a day or two later. I want my $40 back!

Either way, is it possible to spark interest in this format after it has been so overwhelmed by the HoMM series? Disciples was another one that used the same system of course.

What I'm saying is, in face of competition will this game get noticed or thought to be "just another.."?

I think that there's a lot of room to release another game in this format, since we only see about one big turn-based fantasy strategy game per year on average. Plus, it sounds like this game's format is slightly different enough to make it special.

Did you finish the game with all 4 characters? I remember playing the c64 version and it was pretty tough going. I think I was quite young so maybe that had something to do with how difficult I found it.

Kings Bounty was excellent. It's quite a difficult game - you can clear the whole map, but the final boss often has a bigger army than it's possible to gather before time runs out (think it was set to 1000 turns/days or so).

I remember HoMM2--it was quite hard. Same thing with the neighboring heroes massing huge armies and sending them at you in rapid succession.

So what are the role playing elements? Sounds like a single character viewpoint--is it a skills/spells type of thing?

One of the screen shots shows off a spell book so spells does seem to be a part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom