Elex 2 Best Faction

kborom

Sentinel
So I'm 10 hours in and have done quests for Berserkers and Morkon, and have just got to the clerics. I've no idea which is the best one to go with so will do some cleric quests first.

I wondered if anyone playing has already joined up has found any pros and cons of the different factions?

It would be good if you could join more than one but the dialogue to date indicates that it isn't possible.

Interesting question. The new "you can do it without a faction" system seems to have reduced the importance of factions a bit. It seems to primarily be either magic (Berserkers, Albs) or buffs (Morkons, Outlaws). Clerics only offer a few passives.

There's a comment in the quest log about how going solo is considerably more challenging than allying with a faction, but I guess that relates to how things play out, and not just the combat aspect. Combat wise, you'll be just fine without anything faction specific. Personally, I find ranged combat to be superior, which means I can get by just fine regardless of faction.

Can you learn skills from multiple factions or only the one you join like their past games?

I'm still waiting for at least 1 more patch before I start a real playthrough.

*Edit* Nevermind. I just saw the answer to that question in the other thread. The reason I thought maybe we could learn skills from more than one faction this time is because I noticed that some factions have way more skills than others. For example, what's up with Clerics only having two faction-specific skills?

I felt in Elex 1 that it the choice of factions were heavily biased based on the accessibility of some factions over others. To wit, the Berserkers were a possibility long before anyone else was. I originally had in mind to join the Clerics, but they're clear on the other side of the map and when I got there, they didn't let me in anyway. I ended up giving up on that idea.

I'm sure you still tend to reach some settlements before others, but I'm wondering if they set it up so it's a viable thing to join someone besides the first faction you encounter (provided you don't want to wait 15+ hours to join one)?

If you want to join the Clerics, you first have to join the Albs and progress to a certain level. The Cleric leader Hagen gives you this option as a quest. I don't know about the other factions, but I've read it's possible between the Beserkers and either the Outlaws, or Morkons, not sure which!!

Hey Corwin, when you say join the albs do you mean actually joining the faction where your character screen says you are a member or just working for them for awhile? If it is the former then I guess that is new for PB?

You are directed by Hagen to actually join the Albs and be promoted to Trooper before being able to join the Clerics.

Hey Corwin, when you say join the albs do you mean actually joining the faction where your character screen says you are a member or just working for them for awhile? If it is the former then I guess that is new for PB?
The Albs aren't your enemies in this game. The Hybrid is gone, which changed things dramatically, though they are still cold and based on logic/reason etc.

Edit: Oh, you mean the whole swap thing is new? Sort of. There was a swap in G1 between the Old Camp and New Camp, but not like this.

Last edited:
So, I've played a bit more, and my understanding of the Clerics and Outlaws is that they're essentially a "sub faction" in a sense, which is why their talents and such are so limited. Clerics requires Alb association, as Corwin pointed out, and Outlaws requires Berserkers (via the Claws).

Not sure how it all plays out though.

That was looking the case from the abilities available, Outlaws and Clerics have very little.

Even the Albs don't have a great skill tree (bit of lightening ice and healing magic), the Berserkers and the Morkons seem to have the best choices of magic.

Went Berserker in the end, really did not like the Morkons and haven't even got to the Albs.

Does that mean Clerics and Outlaws don't count as a faction by themselves? In other words, you can be a member of Albs+Clerics at the same time or Beserkers+Outlaws, right?

Does that mean Clerics and Outlaws don't count as a faction by themselves? In other words, you can be a member of Albs+Clerics at the same time or Beserkers+Outlaws, right?
That is my take on it, yes. Morkons actually have something similar, in a way, but with an internal faction that doesn't have its own skills.

So basically, there are three major factions, and they can all be infiltrated.

Which faction has Guns, like big machine guns or assault rifles, or do they have them in the game?

I don't like laser/plasma weapons which I know they have in the game, but just curious about guns, that is the weapon type that I would want to fight with in the game

Which faction has Guns, like big machine guns or assault rifles, or do they have them in the game?

I don't like laser/plasma weapons which I know they have in the game, but just curious about guns, that is the weapon type that I would want to fight with in the game

There are a few big gun abilities but they are not linked to a faction, you just need a heavy weapons teacher.

Indeed. They are generally used more by Outlaws though, and found among Outlaw traders. To join the Outlaws, you have to either join Morkon or Berserker, and act as the Outlaw informant in those factions.

I played through once so I don't know if it was the 'best' faction, but I really liked how my Alb healing, and getting the necessary elex from my defeated foes, stopped me from having to put endless healing items in the quickslots. I thought that was one of the games most annoying aspects until then. It also took me a while to see how 'junk' worked. Why not not let me sell the 'Other' category automatically? That was the key use of that function!

Both those UI issues went away later in my game though, so all good :)

Why not not let me sell the 'Other' category automatically? That was the key use of that function!
Because some of those are used in quests.
Also, some you can sell for a better price.

Because some of those are used in quests.
Also, some you can sell for a better price.

you cannot sell the quest ones but yes for certain other items.

Think they got the inventory system wrong in this, it was my biggest bug bear really (although a relatively minor issue) and recall how the other category would move after I sold some items and if I clicked too quick the focus went back to the top. So I had to check if I had sold something I didn't want too:'(

Back
Top Bottom