Biomutant - A Surprise Hit?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamingbolt thinks Biomutant could be a big hit this year:

Biomutant Has the Potential to be One of 2021's Biggest Surprise Hits

Experiment 101's action RPG is finally almost upon us, and we're curious to see how it lands.

You couldn't be blamed for forgetting that Biomutant exists. Well, it doesn't quite exist yet it's still in development but that's my point. Biomutant was first announced in 2017. Yet we've only gotten small drips of information about the post-apocalyptic Kung Fu RPG since then. Those who might have forgotten about it could just as easily be reminded by a very quick description of it being the game about a bunch of bizarre monster animals trying to save the world. Odds are that type of description will find its way to sticking in the back of your mind somewhere. The game has a lot going for it stylistically, as it mixes character creation and customization with the sprawling RPG and a heroic story that puts you in the mix and forces you to navigate your way through it with the skill sets and resources that you have available to you.

[...]
More information.

I think this one will fall on its face and under perform. I could be wrong through. :D

Idk, I think it could be a sleeper. I initially hated the design of the characters, but the more I've seen of it the more it's started to grow on me.

It has at least an interesting setting.

I'm not really into the cat-like-creature thing of styles. But other than that I agree with @Alrik Fassbauer; that it's a interesting setting.

I think there are a lot of games for which it is a surprise if they become a hit. For me this would definitely be one of them. Although the setting is different, it just feels like just another action game. Then again, as action games are not my favorite genre, I might not be experienced enough in that area to tell the difference and fail to see where it shines.

I loved some old games where I could literally evolve my character physically. If that is possible in this game, I'll probably like it a lot.

Idk, I think it could be a sleeper. I initially hated the design of the characters, but the more I've seen of it the more it's started to grow on me.
I think it can be a big hit, because it will seem family friendly, and I believe many kids will love the style.

Unless this gets rated M, based on current vids and infos I don't see how can it become hit.
Ever.

Maybe my imagination shows its limitations here, but I keep bouncing off the sheer furriness of the thing before ever getting close enough for a good look.

I am in no way convinced that this will be a hit, but I am seriously impressed by the fact that there are still some non-indie devs who actually try something different. Different protagonist, different art style and mashup gameplay.

The other project I point to is "Lord of the Rings - Gollum" which tries something new in a tired setting, going bodly to a place games seldom even try to go: uniqueness. Complicated main characters is something literature and movies do for ages, but games generally don't. Yes, there is Kane & Lynch and such, but the rest?

So, even if it won't deliver on the goods - it is still worth noting.

"A Surprise Hit"? At this point I think it should be "A Surprise Release". XD

I kind of agree with the article. While not my cup of tea the Mario, ratchet and clank, crash bandicoot fan base is huge and from the looks of it would eat this up.

Just a fraction of that fan base would make this a smash hit.

Back
Top Bottom