Bioshock: The Collection announced.

Could actually pick this up. Heard about it, but looked too weird even for my taste.

Progress and innovation and creativity seems to have ground to a halt in the large development houses. This remaster is another symptom. Mostly it's the smaller indie studios that seem to be doing interesting things any more.

Well we can all "hope" Andromeda is ground breaking. ;)

Progress and innovation and creativity seems to have ground to a halt in the large development houses. This remaster is another symptom. Mostly it's the smaller indie studios that seem to be doing interesting things any more.

Well we can all "hope" Andromeda is ground breaking. ;)

But, Andromeda won't reach us for another 2000,000,000 years?

Pibbur, who too late realized that the thrasher was thinking of something else, something more imminent. But who also sees it as his duty to remind the watch that said galaxy will collide with us.

How about something new rather than a rehash?

It's easy money. Hire some specialized studio for the port, the long tail on PC is going to pay for it, and you'll earn a lot on current gen consoles.

This might be good for the likes of me, as long as it is free… The Bioshocks have been staring at me from my backlog for a couple of years. I've started #1 a couple of times but like a 3yo I'm easily distracted.

I agree with the general comments re lack of new stuff, same as the movie business.

Another company jumps to train of remaking games that don't need remaking.

I replayed Bioshock not long ago and it's still a good looking game.

This might be good for the likes of me, as long as it is free… The Bioshocks have been staring at me from my backlog for a couple of years. I've started #1 a couple of times but like a 3yo I'm easily distracted.

I agree with the general comments re lack of new stuff, same as the movie business.
"Like a 3-year-old I'm easily distracted." LOL

I'm the same way. I've started BioShock a couple of times (on the PC once or twice and possibly on a Mac once) over the years only to abandon it at some point.

At the same time, I always notice news about the game/series and have often been tempted to try the game on other platforms (such as iOS) or buy BioShock 2 or a collection during one of those Steam/GOG/Humble Bundle buy-it-now-or-you'll-forever-regret-it sales.

Perhaps, once the remake is delivered, I won't be able to resist any longer.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Another company jumps to train of remaking games that don't need remaking.

I replayed Bioshock not long ago and it's still a good looking game.

It makes far more sense on consoles, where they don't have any proper backwards compatibility. And it's most likely not a remake, just an update with some nicer textures, some engine improvements and that sort of stuff, so it should be rather easy for them to make.

Both Bioshock 1 and 2 are still holding well on PC. But seeing that you get them for free if you own them with all DLC and if you also have the Bioshosck Infinite with DLC...can't complain that much.

Still doesn't make sense...

imbecile devs/publishers strike again

I was wondering about that. I saw Steam download some updates for Bioshock Remastered and Bioshock Infinite which I have installed right now.

I'm sure this will do wonders for their popularity. ;)

I'm suddenly worried about Homeworld 3 as Gearbox is the publisher.

Back
Top Bottom