Bioshock: The Collection announced.

This is what it looks like now when you go to launch them. The update also broke all my settings. :rolleyes:

Bioshock-launcher.jpg

Is this even with some other goal in mind, besides just dragging quality of life through the mud?

I seem to remember some rumors about either a sequel, or something else? If this change doesn't even bring along something more significant it'll truly be an idiotic move. I hope they're not idiots.

I seem to remember some rumors about either a sequel, or something else? If this change doesn't even bring along something more significant it'll truly be an idiotic move. I hope they're not idiots.
2K supposedly has a studio working on Bioshock 4 since 2019.

There have been rumors leaked about the setting but nothing confirmed.

Not specifically related to this update, but save games aren't working for me with Bioshock Remastered.

It seems to be W11 related - but I can't be sure.

It just says "failed to save game" after a while. What's funny is that it CAN save the game SOMETIMES - I just need to wait for the magic moment.

I googled the issue - and found a bunch of players with similar issues, but no solution is working so far.

I haven't the stamina to do a deep dive into this shit, so I'll just pass on it.

I'm playing Dishonored anyway :)

Not specifically related to this update, but save games aren't working for me with Bioshock Remastered.

It seems to be W11 related - but I can't be sure.

It just says "failed to save game" after a while. What's funny is that it CAN save the game SOMETIMES - I just need to wait for the magic moment.

I googled the issue - and found a bunch of players with similar issues, but no solution is working so far.
:)
Christ almighty, what an embarrassment. The quality of life meme just gets better and better. :(

Christ almighty, what an embarrassment. The quality of life meme just gets better and better. :(
As I said, it's not related to this launcher update :)

It happened before as well.

But it's amazing how many issues the Remastered versions seem to have. The fact that they have the balls to call a launcher no one in the world would ever want a "QoL update" is quite amusing.

As I said, it's not related to this launcher update :)

It happened before as well.

But it's amazing how many issues the Remastered versions seem to have. The fact that they have the balls to call a launcher no one in the world would ever want a "QoL update" is quite amusing.
Oh, I missed the part about not being related to the launcher.

Yeah, Bioshock 1 Remastered was pretty stable for me. Very few issues compared to Bioshock 2 Remastered, which crashed constantly and in the worst moments. But after some fiddling, which I don't really remember, it turned a lot more stable and was able to finish it.

At this point, the Bioshock remasters are among the worst remastered games I've ever seen.

First, they don't even look significantly better than the originals. Then they're a complete joke from a technical standpoint, and they've only gotten worse over time despite multiple patches.

I can't get vsync to work no matter what I do. Antialiasing never worked as far as I could tell, and now I can no longer get Nvidia's DSR to work with them either. With DSR, I could eliminate the aliasing, and the games looked great at 2x my native resolution. Without it, I don't even want to play because of how bad the aliasing is plus the flicker from no vsync.

My only hope is that someone comes up with a mod to fix these issues because I know 2K isn't going to.

XCOM and Civilization got some pretty terrible launchers a year or two back. They're also 2K Games. I wonder if that's the source?

Didn't read all of the tweets, but the Antarctica and "open-world" thing was leaked some months ago. Well, rumored - anyway.

I'm cool with Antarctica - but I'm probably more into execution than premise. I don't really mind similar settings as long as they're done well.

I sometimes worry developers put too much emphasis on "being different" on a surface level - and not enough on understanding what the appeal was in the first place.

But I'm too much of a sucker for anything Shock to delude myself into thinking I won't be checking this out - almost regardless.

So, I finally figured out some of my issues with Bioshock Remastered.

As I mentioned before, I couldn't get DSR to work for me in the Bioshock games. What I hadn't noticed until the other day though was that DSR wasn't working in *any* game for me. I realized it when I was messing around with Dead Space and saw that I no longer had DSR resolutions available there either. I hadn't noticed it before because I hadn't played any older games lately.

On a whim, I disconnected my HDMI cable from my TV, and that solved the issue. I have no idea why having a 2nd display connected (but not on) would disable DSR, but apparently it did for me. At least I can make Bioshock look decent now and it ran flawlessly in the short time I tested it.

It doesn't change my overall opinion of the remasters though. They're still crap. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom