BioSynth: Rising - Turn-based Sci-fi RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Neptune Games is launching a kickstarter soon for their new game called BioSynth: Rising. As usual here are a few trailers, and link to the upcoming campaign.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neptunegames/biosynth

BioSynth: Rising is a classic RPG with turn-based combat and in a Sci-Fi world. We're trying to make one of the best indie RPGs, so the project is pretty ambitious. With your help, we'll be able to create a masterpiece. Visit the Kickstarter page and activate notification so that you'll know when we are launching. Thank you!
The dialog system in the game is complex. Expect branched dialogs where a different route will lead to different results. Also, there are a lot of hidden dialog options (so, by creating two different characters, you can often see dialogs shape in different ways)
We got inspired by some of the best RPG games for pc (like the sagas of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Divinity Orinal Sin, Fallout and Diablo) and the tabletop rpg masterpiece that is D&D. As a result we are making a unique RPG, led by our passion for the genre.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's worth keeping an eye on. I've never heard of Neptune games though. Have they developed anything else?

Mauro of Neptune Games here. Thank you everyone for the appreciation. I wanted to answer the following question:

Sounds like it's worth keeping an eye on. I've never heard of Neptune games though. Have they developed anything else?

As a studio, this is our first game, but the team is full of experienced people. For example, our art director is a teacher in the Comics international school of Pescara. Or the animator has created the game Hippocampus alone. If you want to check our Instagram, you can see that we constantly mention the team members (so you can take a look at their work).

Hope this answer your questions :)

I'll be around in case anyone has any other question.

Nice! Looks like the king of game I'd love to see, and I'm glad they chose Unreal Engine. I'm not sure it makes sense to have an "upcoming" Kickstarter page without even a starting date tho (announcement of announcement?) ;)

Wishing the best to @NeptuneGames;, and looking forward to the actual Kickstarter! :)

Nice! Looks like the king of game I'd love to see, and I'm glad they chose Unreal Engine. I'm not sure it makes sense to have an "upcoming" Kickstarter page without even a starting date tho (announcement of announcement?) ;)

Wishing the best to @NeptuneGames;, and looking forward to the actual Kickstarter! :)

Thank you!

Announcement of announcement like Magic the Gathering do :biggrin: Just kidding... we haven't released an exact date yet because we take very seriously what we say. So we'll announce the date only when we are sure we can deliver on that date.

Anyway, here's something we haven't shared yet: Kickstarter will launch in the second half of September :)

Biosynth: Rising Interview

Link - https://indiegamepicks.wordpress.com/2021/08/18/biosynth-rising-interview/
What inspired you to start working on the BioSynth: Rising?

Covid-19 left me jobless and after the initial feelings of loss and anger, I started to see the thing as an opportunity. After carefully thinking about it, I decided to realize my dream of creating a video game.

Choosing the genre was quite easy: I’ve always been a huge fan of RPGs… especially those classic ones like Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout, etc. So it was decided that the game had to be a cRPG.

At first my idea was to create a fantasty cRPG, but then I started thinking about making a sci-fi cRPG… and soon everything clicked. I had an idea for something different. Something that, to me, seemed very cool. With this burning fire inside, I got to work and started putting together the team of Neptune Games. And I have to say that we’ve come a long way!

Some new videos I missed as well.:)

BioSynth: Rising - Indie RPG Game with Destructible Objects

BioSynth: Rising - Strategic Turn-Based Combat

BioSynth: Rising - Robot Models Overview

Hi everyone, wanted to share a couple of images about the bounty hunter, one of the playable classes in BioSynth: Rising.

BH_Front.jpg

BH_Back.jpg

Good luck with the Kickstarter.

Count me as another wishing you guys good luck.:thumbsup:

I'll post more news on the kickstarter if I can.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom