Black Geyser major updates?

I remember seeing Rothgors' posts while he was still here. He answered to all people. Not sure what you mean "calling out his bull shit". What was his bull shit? Legimitely promoting the game? Someone may want his account to be deleted for a number of legit reasons really.
Just for starters, in April 2018 (4 years before eventual release) he claimed the game was "almost finished", which many of us knew was BS, and did indeed turn out to be BS. At other times he was attacking forum members, calling them trolls etc for criticizing elements of the game like "greed". In general, he just seemed very combative, much different than most game developers normally tend to behave when posting on forums like these.

Just for starters, in April 2018 (4 years before eventual release) he claimed the game was "almost finished", which many of us knew was BS, and did indeed turn out to be BS. At other times he was attacking forum members, calling them trolls etc for criticizing elements of the game like "greed". In general, he just seemed very combative, much different than most game developers normally tend to behave when posting on forums like these.
Might have been just an incompetent PR person. An indie team after all. We all know stories even about huge game studios with incompetent or arrogant PR / community managers :ROFLMAO: Rhotgor claimed the game was "almost finished" for the same reason I believe : it was his job, he got that instruction from their superior boss doesn't he. Lot of kick started project tend to delude themselves btw imo. Just trying to open some narrow minded view eyes here really but just my two eurocents. Why overanalyze and complicate things while they are easy self explanatory.
No, she was usually doing that for free 🤣 But unlike you, her posts were in other forums too. I think the remarks above come from the fact that you have only posted about Black Geyser.

EDIT: the other difference, which disqualifies the effect you mention, is that I haven't seen any provocation or trolling in your posts. :)
Not playing any modern games, not my taste, no. In the little time ( relative to the big free time required for a game like such as Pathfinder KM) that I have. I already played the real classics like Baldur & Icewind (+ the Pillars ) too many times and I don't have much to say about them. They are big budgeters compared to titles like Black Geyser or the unfortunate Realms Beyond from Bavaria. So yeah, consider me a free promoter then :D I met the devs in person in the past, it wasn't anytime recently, that's true and I saw their fanatic Baldur's Gate feel. So, who knows, maybe they put a charm spell on me haha.

Not playing any modern games, not my taste, no. In the little time ( relative to the big free time required for a game like such as Pathfinder KM) that I have. I already played the real classics like Baldur & Icewind (+ the Pillars ) too many times and I don't have much to say about them. They are big budgeters compared to titles like Black Geyser or the unfortunate Realms Beyond from Bavaria. So yeah, consider me a free promoter then :D I met the devs in person in the past, it wasn't anytime recently, that's true and I saw their fanatic Baldur's Gate feel. So, who knows, maybe they put a charm spell on me haha.
I personally see nothing wrong with that, either way.

Several of us have been "promoting" games by sending tips, writing reviews or other articles, or simply by posting about them on a regular basis. It's just that we take part to other discussions too, but I haven't seen any rule making it an obligation.

Before I was using the "Contact us" for tips, but from having used it myself when I posted news, I can tell it's quite annoying for the newsposters to use, so now I'm writing PMs instead. They're not bothered by that (... hopefully 😅) and tips actually makes their work easier, as long as we don't overdo it.

jeff_goldblum_pile_of_shit_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg

That's something I just noticed. I can't see signatures on mobile phone.

@Taluntain
I'm not sure if that's default XF behaviour or a modification @Arhu made... there's a switch to turn sigs off in settings, so I think leaving it up to the user would be preferable to removing it for everyone on mobiles. Hiding them behind an expanding menu on mobiles would make sense, though.

Back
Top Bottom