Callisto Protocol (new video)

Apparently, Schofield apologized for "being proud" of his team during crunch.

Meaning, I guess he really was bragging about these things.

Pretty dumb, I have to concede.

Great interview. I like where he talks about his inspirations especially the films. His taste in games and movies mirrors my own. That's probably a major reason Dead Space resonated with me the way it did.

It's also pretty cool that John Carpenter mentioned Dead Space in that way.

It doesn't surprise me that a game like this might get censored or rejected in some places, but I certainly wouldn't have expected Japan to be one of them.

Last edited:
Must be a special edition. I bought it this evening for $70, which has become the new $60. All AAA games (on console at least) are going for that now.

Good for them I'll probably just put on my special hat and sing the I'm a pirate song.:ahoy:

Joke aside it was the deluxe edition. Damn glad I game on the PC with digital sales.

Might find a grey market key seller for less someday as well. :unsure:

Last edited:
Seems it’s getting pretty mediocre scores, with some reviewers mentioning janky combat. Mortismal on the other hand seems to be pretty positive with it. Except for the performance issues, which will hopefully get ironed out.

View: https://youtu.be/ePF9XWSrVos

Sad really, for the team. To get such low marks. But, it is a horror game. These rarely do well. I think I’m still keeping my preorder.

I played for around an hour before I saw the scores. My impression matches what a lot of them are saying, judging by my skimming. It is very similar to Dead Space. Not just in the obvious sci-fi horror sense, but in a lot of particulars. The early storytelling beats are extremely familiar.

I'd approach with caution.

If I recall Dead Space is also getting a remake. To many non-RPG games to keep track of. Thanks for the video review. It's something that might interest a family member as well.

I see that user reviews on Steam are harsh. Most of those I read complain about significant stuttering.

One user. who found the game promising, complained about not enough sex in the game.

pibbuR who was tempted to, for the purpose of being (desperately) funny, claim that the last one was the main (only) reason for him to refuse buying the game. But chose not to for fear of being misunderstood.

It's only $60 for the Steam version. I was going to preorder but I'm glad I didn't. It sounds like it might need a patch or two. Plus I'm waiting on my new monitor to be delivered before I start any new AAA games.

Seems it’s getting pretty mediocre scores, with some reviewers mentioning janky combat. Mortismal on the other hand seems to be pretty positive with it. Except for the performance issues, which will hopefully get ironed out.
I watched the first couple of minutes of his review but stopped because I want to see as little of the game as possible before playing it. If he liked it though, that's a positive in my book. He's one of the few reviewers that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

It seems like almost every negative review is due to performance reasons. It's a shame because the low score will probably stick for awhile even if/when they fix the performance issues.

Back
Top Bottom