Callisto Protocol (new video)

I saw in some review, don't know where, that playtime was around 8 hours. Can anybody confirm this?

pibbuR who likes his games to be significantly, significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY longer.

I saw in some review, don't know where, that playtime was around 8 hours. Can anybody confirm this?

pibbuR who likes his games to be significantly, significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY longer.
I've seen different accounts of playtime, but most seem to be claiming around 12-14 hours on Medium difficulty. Less if you play on Easy.

View: https://youtu.be/xwKYSq7PWN4

A pretty solid review, and it mentions two things which I am significantly worried about: too much focus on melee fights (with what sounds like a very limited and gimmicky dodging mechanic) and nothing in terms of exploring a space station or somethint. Apparently it’s just moving forward with the game quickly locking off areas you were just in.

I have a feeling the scope they initially probably envisioned proved too large and so they reduced a lot of it.

On the plus side of things, they've already issued a patch to address the performance issues. From what I can gather, it apparently had a significant effect, and Steam reviews have already shifted from mostly negative to mixed.

I really hope that it ultimately does decently sales-wise so that they can probably increase the scope of the sequel and expand on it in both mechanics and size. It really feels like they had to scale back the scope.

Considering they’re financed by the PUBG publisher maybe a sequel is not out of the question. And it would be a shame to not be able to reuse all the infrastructure they probably built for this first game.

Personally, I think I’ll wait until the story DLC is out next year before trying it myself.

Personally, I think I’ll wait until the story DLC is out next year before trying it myself.
I'm going to play it soon. It's short enough that I'll just replay it when the DLC comes out.

I'm tempted to wait until I get my new GPU though. I hear Ray tracing is used to good effect.

I'm going to play it soon. It's short enough that I'll just replay it when the DLC comes out.

I'm tempted to wait until I get my new GPU though. I hear Ray tracing is used to good effect.
I’m curious to hear your take on it after finishing.

I saw that same review (that says it's ~8 hours long). You don't expect (or want) a linear horror game to be particularly long...none of the Dead Space games were...but I was expecting something more in the 15-20 hour range. We'll see. I usually take longer than the average person, though I'm hearing it's very linear so I don't know how much optional exploration there will be. Extending play time because you die a ton (as implied by highly difficulty meaning a longer playtime) is not appealing.

Makes sense most FPS games are 8-15 hrs at best. Also like JFarrell71 you can only stretch out the horror show for so long. Though there have been longer horror games.

I'm not surprised given some of the things I've read about it. I still plan on playing this eventually, but I'm glad I waited and didn't preorder. I'll probably grab it when it hits 50% off.

Back
Top Bottom