Capes - New Demo available

This is looking pretty good, but, really annoying that they are using identical 'comic' fonts, word balloons and yellow info panels that were used in the Freedom Force games
I really hope they change this before getting out of early access.
It added such a nice touch to those FF games.

If it was a different genre than superheroes that would be cool, but to me this almost borderline plagiarism.

Isn't it the comic-sans font? And doesn't the font derive from comic books? Other superhero games, like Sentinels of Freedom use it too. Both of these games are obviously inspired by Freedom Force, but Freedom force took its look and style from old school superhero comics, so I think calling it plagiarism is going a little too far.

Not really a fan of text bubbles and comic fonts either, but you can tell it's emulating comics. Probably a homage to Freedom Force as well as it's a similiar game.

This is looking pretty good, but, really annoying that they are using identical 'comic' fonts, word balloons and yellow info panels that were used in the Freedom Force games
I really hope they change this before getting out of early access.
It added such a nice touch to those FF games.
I think the fonts are the least of the game's worries. Play the demo first if you're thinking of getting it. I thought Capes looked better before I played the demo, although you might enjoy it more than I did.

Back
Top Bottom