Capes - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

Has anyone played this yet? I'm wondering how it compares to FREEDOM FORCE.

Has anyone played this yet? I'm wondering how it compares to FREEDOM FORCE.
I've only played the demo, but I didn't care for it much. I think FF was a lot better for its time. The only advantage Capes has is that it's turn-based if you prefer that.

Mortismal's review is one of the more positive ones I've seen. The user-score on Steam isn't very good so far.

I've only played the demo, but I didn't care for it much. I think FF was a lot better for its time. The only advantage Capes has is that it's turn-based if you prefer that.

Mortismal's review is one of the more positive ones I've seen. The user-score on Steam isn't very good so far.

Thanks! This kind of confirms what I was already thinking.

I've also found that most superhero games (to include CITY OF HEROES, which I otherwise really enjoyed) don't do a very good job of invoking the "feel" of classic comic books, something that FREEDOM FORCE did very well.

I've also found that most superhero games (to include CITY OF HEROES, which I otherwise really enjoyed) don't do a very good job of invoking the "feel" of classic comic books, something that FREEDOM FORCE did very well.
There's a game called Sentinels of Freedom that looks like it tried to emulate the style of Freedom Force. Might be worth checking out. I have no idea if it's any good though.

There's a game called Sentinels of Freedom that looks like it tried to emulate the style of Freedom Force. Might be worth checking out. I have no idea if it's any good though.
Thanks! I'll check that out! :)

Examples of FREEDOM FORCE invoking the "feel" of classic comic books:

1) All the origin stories, with artwork mimicking the style of artists like Jack Kirby.

2) The story unfolds using comic book covers/pages/panels in the cutscenes.

3) Super hero characters that represent the classic archetypes (i.e. a speedster character, a shrinking character, an iron man clone, etc.)

4) The story actually feels like a classic comic book story.

Back
Top Bottom