Caves of Lore - First Impressions

Thanks for posting. As mentioned in the video there are very frequent patches (as in every few hours). And one thing I critized in the video has already been updated, at least a bit. You can now also use the mousewheel to scroll through your inventory, making inventory management less problematic.

Really enjoying playing this one so far.

Some amazing works from a one man team.
Absolutely. Also learnt today that he is not even a fulltime developer. This is just a hobby or part-time project. That's insane.

Got it, tried it, like it, but my main gripe is that I really want/need to zoom in on the combat screen and the main view. Everything is really tiny and it's easy to miss objects on the ground. I'm also very confused about the level-up screens. I seem to be putting points into things but nothing seems to change.

You can zoom in an out on the map (which is very nice, btw).

Got it, tried it, like it, but my main gripe is that I really want/need to zoom in on the combat screen and the main view. Everything is really tiny and it's easy to miss objects on the ground. I'm also very confused about the level-up screens. I seem to be putting points into things but nothing seems to change.

You can zoom in an out on the map (which is very nice, btw).
Which resolution are you playing on? 4k? I can see that this might be a probler if the game doesnt scale up.

Regarding level up: Most levels you only get a few skill points. These skillpoints can be put into skills (duh). But that doesnt mean that you get a new skill level.
Basically every skill has an own experience bar. Whenever you use it, the skill gains experience (the white bar goes up). You get a summary after each fight which skills got "experience".
The skillpoints you invest into a skill, also only push that skillbar up. This can be enough to actually level up that skill, but it might also not be. You have these free choice of how much points you want to invest (middle in the top) or you can put as many skillpoints necessary to get a new level in that skill (right side on top).

Back
Top Bottom