CD Projekt RED - New Developments

One as I recall CDPR claimed two large sized DLC expansion were in development. Did they change their mind in a recent meeting, or did I miss the announcement?

Here was the recent and past roadmaps.

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ing-windows-on-the-first-two/?sh=17e1daae1043

No, nothing has changed. You didn't miss anything, but apparently talking about future games means canceled DLC in some people's heads.

I found a kickass quote from Mike Pondsmith re: Cyberpunk 2077 DLC that is very up to date (5 minutes before I wrote this comment):

"All I will say is that if we aren't doing DLC, I want to know why I have to get up at 0-dark-30 to attend meetings to discuss the DLC.

And no, that's all I'm going to say for now, so don't bother me about it."

It's hilarious to be that passionate about a thoroughly mediocre TV show the game series beats in every way.
It's hilarious to judge what people like, don't like or like more. People like different things. You (both) should just accept that.

No, nothing has changed. You didn't miss anything, but apparently talking about future games means canceled DLC in some people's heads.

I found a kickass quote from Mike Pondsmith re: Cyberpunk 2077 DLC that is very up to date (5 minutes before I wrote this comment):

"All I will say is that if we aren't doing DLC, I want to know why I have to get up at 0-dark-30 to attend meetings to discuss the DLC.

And no, that's all I'm going to say for now, so don't bother me about it."

Well there ya go... It's like they read our forum.

It's hilarious to be that passionate about a thoroughly mediocre TV show the game series beats in every way.
Stop feeding the troll, we don't want him to like it here too much.

I didn't realize The Witcher Netflix series was suddenly considered mediocre. :)

That said, there's little doubt that the games are better. (imo)

I just want to chip in an example why CDPR writers are masters in their art (there are many more examples as you know):

The Last Wish was probably my favorite story in the Sapkowski books. I loved how it began with casual fishing and getting drunk, and evolved to you know what. The way CDPR adapted the story into a quest of the same name in W3 was just masterful letting the player conclude the story. They took the pen where Sapkowski left it and continued writing using a similar tone to the author, yet giving the player the choice of how to write the ending.

The Netflix series copies the story from the books. CDPR continue writing new Sapkowski stories in their Witcher games. That is the difference. As @Morrandir; says, you may like one approach better than other, neither of them, or both. I belong to the last category. The more Witcher stories there are, the better.

Back
Top Bottom