CivCraft - A New Sandbox Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CivCraft Legends Of Ellariais a new FPS Sandbox game that seeks to combine RTS & RPG game genres. If you're interested here is the games official trailer.

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria is a sandbox game, with a combination of full first person shooter with features from other game genres, such as RTS and RPG. The result is an entirely new game that affects the player’s whole gaming experience.
The games developer Larkon Studios is also active on our forums also. So ask any questions you may have in the following thread.

More information.

The game's name sounds kinda cheap and I expected something which looks more like Civilization.

The first seconds of the trailer didn't impress me as well. They are fighting uphill and the Fireballs are flying exactly horizontally ;)

But besides some models which look quite artificial the trailer looks pretty good. Landscape looks great. However I don't really feel like I got an impression on how this game is played at all. I guess it's similar to Mount and Blade but with deeper RTS elements (placing buildings) and deeper RPG elements (more quests, exploration and so on).

It looks way early in development, but I love the concept! Especially the full sandbox/modding aspect. :) I can't wait to see more!

I love the concept. I like that you can move between FP and RTS. But, like other said, it looks to be early in dvelopment. So i will cut them some slack on how "cheap" it looks. I look forward to learning more about it.

It's looks interesting. Although, they really need to change the name for something that point less to "we are sort of making a clone of two games".

Yes, I agree too, it seems they may have discovered a new interesting type of game.
Even if, as total Civilization fan, I can only regret that the 'Civ' part is probably going to be very limited. But it's probably too early to say... may be it won't so let's hope so.

Cautiously optimistic! WOO! +caution

Back
Top Bottom