CivCraft - Alpha is Ready

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a new backer only Kickstarter update the Civcraft devs tell us that the alpha is ready.

After some massive coding, pizza and a lot of head–scratching, we’ve finished the Pre-Alpha. Bear in mind that this version (0.5.28) is our first playable version and contains bugs and glitches; it is the first of many versions which will update, fix, optimize and otherwise improve CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria.

Our next step is to improve our game engine, terrain, playability, animations, combat system and to optimise CivCraft to run faster, as well as to add quests, other kingdoms, inventory system, a manageable army and multiple maps.

In the meanwhile, any suggestion and bug report will be most accepted and helpful.
More information.

This game looks very interesting. Does this mean that the game can be downloaded now if you purchase it from their website?

That I do not know. The backer update has a link to a download, which I did not post as it is supposed to be for backers only.

As a backer I would advise you to wait til steam early access. Its nothing more then a tech demo, there is no character or RPG options. You can swing a sword, fire a bow and burn threw some magic. Build a few buildings and watch the villagers. There isn't much else happening and without any settings to tinker with, it barely runs.
They are a long ways off from finishing.

As a backer I would advise you to wait til steam early access. Its nothing more then a tech demo, there is no character or RPG options. You can swing a sword, fire a bow and burn threw some magic. Build a few buildings and watch the villagers. There isn't much else happening and without any settings to tinker with, it barely runs.
They are a long ways off from finishing.

Thank you very much for that info. I've been interested in this game for a while. I find it sort of strange that their website makes it pretty much impossible to tell if there's actually a download of even a tech demo if you purchase the game.

Judging by what you're just told me, I'm going to wait for Steam EA before I jump on board.

Back
Top Bottom