Cloud Exiles

Redglyph

SasqWatch
I spotted this ongoing KS campaign for a survival RPG, Cloud Exiles, of which 75% has already been developed.

The setting is interesting, you have to build in height to avoid the mist that transformed most people into zombies, and more importantly to be out of reach from those zombies. This leads to all sorts of logistic issues.

At least it's a nice variation on the theme, and a little more original than the usual zombie setting.

Not sure if they'll make it on KS since they're at 50% and there are 16 days to go, but the amount is not huge. There's a Steam page showing a potential Early Access, so it's likely they'd go on with the game development no matter what. The team is living in Hong-Kong.

Attachments

• 4_frame_0001.jpg
    4_frame_0001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 3_frame_0035.jpg
    3_frame_0035.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 49
It's definitely different. Doesn't seem like they're going to reach their goal, but hopefully they can still finish if it's already 75% done.

They've reached the main goal a few days ago, and it looks like they may reach the first stretch goal. It's been steadily increasing since early January. :)

They're at 118%, next goal is at 150% and there are 5 more days to go (the currencies are not very well managed on KS, so I always have to work with percentages).

Good for them!

Well they only asked for $10,000 and that's not a lot of money for game development. So it's either a one man development team, or they have funding from somewhere else.

Still getting funded on kickstarter is no easy task nowadays.

They were ready to go on their own, so they must have another plan to support them. And the development was already 3/4 done. But yeah, I suppose this isn't a very big game.

No, it's not easy. How many devs must have bitten the dust by lack of visibility, and that's only the beginning of their journey.

Back
Top Bottom