Colony Ship - November Update & New Location

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Iron Tower Studio posted two updates to describe a new location, the shuttle bay, and the content of a new major patch.

New location: Shuttle Bay

This update adds another location - the Shuttle Bay. Now you can explore 6 locations out of 12, roughly 40% of the game. The next stop is the Habitat, the home of the three main factions and a major quest hub. It will require twice as much work as any other location and won't be released until Feb. In the meantime we'll focus on the systems and balance, a tutorial, and difficulty modes, so if you find the default mode too overwhelming, wait another month.

8e95779af425cf97d04f8824769088c5bbdd301a.png

The Shuttle Bay survived the Mutiny intact but like everything else it's been looted in the interim, the life support systems and emergency supplies stripped, and the shuttle interiors used by generations of squatters.

Moses Jackson's Riflemen, a small mercenary outfit, claimed the Shuttle Bay a few years ago, cleaning up and doing their best to make it a permanent home. Their efforts quickly drew the attention of discontented folks from the Habitat, and even the Pit. Soon, scores of people were heading for this small island of safety and stability. The Habitat's higher-ups look less favorably on the Shuttle Bay's new status, and have been eyeing the growing numbers on their border with great concern.

[...]
More information.

Yep it does look like a game I will enjoy playing on it's full release.:nod:

So no Early Access for me sorry Mr. Developer.:(

It's in my library, just awaiting more content before taking the plunge.

One of my most anticipated games. EA is a great instrument for medium and small sized developers to test and finetune their software. That some developers misuse it, doesnt mean its bad concept. But Im not participating in community testing myself, having barely enough time to play finished games.

These developers look likely to create a hopefully not so hidden gem. I'll purchase when it releases or just before.
I think so but it's still very niche. The game will be much harder than what most people will be used to so I think it's going to make it hard to punch through to the masses.

It seems they will be adding some difficulty modes to the game in the next big patch though, but unsure if that will win them many people.

Is full release scheduled for 2022 or 2023?
This was the original release schedule.

They're currently a couple of weeks off I guess, but that isn't too bad.

June 2021 - Factory

August 2021 - Mission Control

October 2021 - Shuttle Bay

February 2022 - Habitat and the end of chapter 2

April 2022 - ECLSS

June 2022 - Heart (the mutant town)

August 2022 - Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.

November 2022 - Endgame (chapter 4)”

The release is still too far in the future to look forward to it, but it's looking pretty good. Happy to wait in any case for a better finished, more polished end product. Both AoD and DR were quite rough around the edges.

The release is still too far in the future to look forward to it, but it's looking pretty good. Happy to wait in any case for a better finished, more polished end product. Both AoD and DR were quite rough around the edges.
They don't have a massive qa team but it seems they have learnt a lot from their first two games so it looks to me like it will be better, but don't expect it to be AAA polish

Normally, I would be very excited by this game but considering the fact it comes from those same people who made Age of Decadence, my excitement level got much lower.

I expect a skill puzzle with near impossible fights unless you leveled the way the developers planed to. But yeah, I will keep reading and I might try a free demo. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Normally, I would be very excited by this game but considering the fact it comes from those same people who made Age of Decadence, my excitement level got much lower.

I expect a skill puzzle with near impossible fights unless you leveled the way the developers planed to. But yeah, I will keep reading and I might try a free demo. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

You are right that it was possible to get yourself into impossible situations in AoD. I know I did!
But AoD is still a milestone in the history of CRPGs. Maybe because there was the possibility to get into harsh situations as consequences of your decisions.

I personally liked the harsh environment in both AoD and DR, to the point where making wrong choices could make it impossible to get through the game.

Some of the harsher checks to make weren't there as some like to say "skill puzzles", they were as a result of making a prior bad choice, which harshened the conditions of victory. In older games, you were just given the game over screen. In AoD/DR, you were given a chance to still fight for that playthrough, even if at decreased chances for success.

I tire of all the modern-day hand-holding and nursing of manbabies so they don't throw a tantrum cus the game is too hard. I say, you made poor choices, deal with the consequences. ;)

Back
Top Bottom