Console exclusives coming to PC

What do they even gain from doing this with a single-player game?
It could also be an anti-piracy measure, though I'm dubious about how well it will work. Or it could simply be because the company they've got doing the porting doesn't have access to the code that does the PSN check, so they can't remove it safely.

P.S. I was going to point out that, of those 100+ countries, most probably wouldn't have much use for the game anyway due to language barriers but this game supports a LOT of languages!

It could also be an anti-piracy measure, though I'm dubious about how well it will work. Or it could simply be because the company they've got doing the porting doesn't have access to the code that does the PSN check, so they can't remove it safely.
I don't think it's the latter since other games they've already ported would also have used it on PS4. If it's the former, I doubt that would be very effective.

What in the mother of god is keeping this from happening? Miyazaki was being weirdly coy about it, as far as himself. I freaking hope this is not blocked from happening because of some spat between Sony and FromSoft or Miyazaki. Or because they can’t come to an agreement because one party is being unreasonable.

What in the fuck is keeping this from happening? It’s been almost 10 years already.

I never thought about this, but in some publishing deals the developer is contracted to build a game for the publisher but they come in with their own tech/codebase. Which they still own after developing the game. Essentially the publisher owns the IP and the delivered game (binaries and assets) but the developer walks away with the code base.

And we do pretty much have a guarantee that the same BB engine (at least as a starting point) was also used in Dark Souls 3 (iirc some fans digged into it and pretty much proved that).

So maybe Sony doesn’t own the code and they can’t come to an agreement. It would sound plausible. Though I’m not sure FromSoft, at the point they were contracted by Sony, already had the negotiating power to not relinquish the code as well. But maybe Sony didn’t think much of it and thought it would be just a one-off project.

So maybe Sony doesn’t own the code and they can’t come to an agreement. It would sound plausible. Though I’m not sure FromSoft, at the point they were contracted by Sony, already had the negotiating power to not relinquish the code as well. But maybe Sony didn’t think much of it and thought it would be just a one-off project.
It could change now that Sony wants to publish more for PC.

At this point, they also need to remaster the game and give it a somewhat appropriate UI, so there's some work to do.

Meh... again I say meh....not a fan of From Software games anyway.

Yeah I know they sell well and have millions of fans but not me. 🤷‍♂️

At this point, they also need to remaster the game and give it a somewhat appropriate UI, so there's some work to do.
This. I'm not sure how many developers From Software employs, but it's probably a safe bet that most, if not all, of them were working on Elden Ring and SotE the last few years.

Now that SotE is finally releasing they can do other things, and hopefully one of those things is porting Bloodborne. Though it's still a mystery to me why it wasn't ported years ago.

I wish they'd do a port of Concrete Genie. I played that demo long ago at the Games Com, and I liked it.

Didn’t want to open a whole new thread for it so I hope it’s fine here. Lords of the fallen 2 will release on xbox and PS but will be a lifetime exclusive on epic on PC.

It’s scheduled for 2026. Not sure how I’ll feel then but I might just skip it with this news. Sorry can’t post a link or do anything with the bar at the top on my iPad for some reason they have all been greyed out for a while. Can’t even use emotes.

Back
Top Bottom