Consortium - Patch Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Interdimensional Games has released an update about the upcoming mega patch. I'm guessing they need more time as it's the 17th , and no patch is out yet.

January 16th Patch

One more day and the patch goes live, and all of your on-going saved games will be wiped.

We apologize for this in advance, but as expressed before it is completely out of our control as the changes we'll be making to the maps are significant.

We’ve nailed every game stopper, made a significant step forward in frame rate improvements for at least middle-range video cards, and made a slew of smaller tweaks here and there to improve the experience as a whole. We want to be sure that when this patch inevitably (and unavoidably) wipes your save games, playing a new game will feel like the first time.

Tomorrow evening, January 16th, between 6-9pm EST, we will be uploading an automatic patch that will invalidate all of your save games EXCEPT for those in which you successfully completed the game...those will always be saved for Game Two.

We encourage everyone to play this version and let us know about your redux experience on the forums, or comment below! We promise a significantly improved experience across the board.

Right now anyone linked into the optional Beta can get access to the latest improvements and fixes, which are all listed here (keeping in mind all save games are invalidated daily while using the optional Beta).
More information.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
This will be probably the patch 1.02.
By the log it's already a huge improvement generally and some things (areas, certain NPCs and even the engine itself) are totally reworked, can't even imagine the effort that was put into this.

Seems that they've concentrated first on fixing gamebreaking/queststopping bugs and left small annoyances for later (I've mentioned a few of those in another thread).

The patch 1.1 that should fix everything is planned for the end of this month. Humble Bundle version can't be patched on 1.02, if you used that installation instead of the Steam one, you'll have to wait for 1.1.
Still, I have no better things to do, so I'll install Steam version this weekend and help with bugdetection. Yes, I still feel bad not betatesting this game when I could. Why? Because I've played HumbleBundle version for an hour and I liked it very much!

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So you're now one of my shining hero knights of "beta"-testers that makes the game great for me when I'll play, as soon as 1.1 is out. Gogogo! :)

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well, crpgnut "did the time" with LoD, so it's fair some of us, me in this case, do it here at least a bit.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The patch 1.03 is out. Yes, it wiped all savegames. :(

Now the next patch won't happen before 31th so if someone wants to play the game but is afraid of savegames deleted, you have plenty of time to finish the game till the next patch.

There are many things fixed already, but also some are still unchanged. My suggestion is that if you start playing this version, do make a new separate save here and there (I've discovered that if you quicksave in a certain moment it will get corrupted, plus there is a gamestopper bug that also happens if crossed with another scripted sequence).

Remember that HumbleBundle installation is not patched yet so you need to play the Steam version to get "benefits" listed here (I can't believe how they squashed so many things in such a short time when Bethesda needed half a year to fix only 4 rare bugs):
MAJOR STUFF FIXED IN THIS VERSION

(NOTE: there's a lot more than this that has been fixed, but these are the big things; we ran out of room in the annoucement text to list everything).

PERFORMANCE BREAKTHROUGH: We made a change to how shadows are rendered, with major improvements noted on Geforce GTX 650Ti and equivalent cards . Some shadow quality is lost, but we see this as a welcome trade-off. We will be adding a slider to you can customize this setting if you have a powerful rig.
Fixed case where the number of incapacitated fighters was reported as 100% when it really wasn’t.
Coming out of the VT, the door will now be closed after coming out of the VT, also fixed collision issue with not being able to shoot the traitor.
Fixed some players getting stuck in the medical bay on Pawn24
Fixed fighters looking messed up before the boarding or surrender threads
Fixed two Kirils showing up and breaking things badly if starting a fight with the mercs in the surrender thread
Fixed Hangar bay floor collision issues happening when fighting the mercs
Fixed it so that it's impossible for the virus hunt mission to still partially be active after it's shut down
Fixed energy charging station disabling/enabling logic from being able to trigger AFTER the traitor has been dealt with.
Fixed Pawn 12 stopping by the MedBay door and never moving again, blocking player.
Fixed being locked out of B8's cabin after the traitor situation
Fixed bug where Zenlil could get attacked and explode while K15 is delivering a speech.
Fixed it so that a large R25 conversation will properly disable K15 asking player to come talk with the Queen while it's ongoing.
Fixed player weapons breaking after waking up from the second dream sequence.
Various end game freefall fixes (K15/Traitor encounter flashback issues fixed, merc fight, preventing roaming the ship, Kiril non-progression bug fixed)
Cleaned up quantum limbo…
Fixed it so that the traitor's cell door will always be closed
P19 now reacts appropriately to EMP event
Instances of the weapon safety lock not turning off during the merc fight should be gone now…mercs will no longer be able to get into lower avionics. Let us know if this still occurs for you, and where/when exactly it happens please!
Additional fixes to end-game: finally fixed the non-progression that only some players were having with Kiril.
Made it impossible for the traitor killed/captured articles to show up near the beginning of the game.
Pawn 11 or Pawn 32 using consoles at rear of ship will no longer get the player stuck.
If R25 does not ask player who the murderer was, then the "chose poorly" achievement will NOT fire.
Fixed it so that if the player choose the correct npc as the traitor and then goes to sleep, the cabin will not lock
Fixed it so that R13 will properly leave B6's cabin after the P64 incident.
Fixed it so that Wade will no longer walk AWAY from the briefing room before the briefing starts
Fixed it so that it's impossible to trigger an incorrect convo with P32
Fixed traitor re-spawning and appearing in the hangar bay
Fixed getting stuck on pawn24 in the medical bay
No longer can get locked in the barracks near the end of the game
Fixed "Enemy Mine" achievement not firing
Fixed getting stuck on r25 during EMP scene
Major fixes/improvements/balancing to the traitor fight
Fixed the minigame reporting incorrect states of fighters for incaps vs deaths
Fixed it so that P32 will still go to R25 if player abandons the initial P32 convo in the hangar bay
Traitor is now immune to decompression
Fixed lights in elevator turning off completely sometimes when using the elevator.
Issue with pawn 64 getting stuck in barracks and blocking player fixed
Pawn 64 elevator issue fixed
Pawn 64 now properly gets up and leaves B6's cabin after the incident
Fixed it so that primary mission objectives will automatically cancel previous mission objectives, so old objectives will no longer show up after loading games.
Fixed save/load issue with the minigame, would cause incorrect stats being reported
Fixed player getting stuck in bots when they are on ladders
Fixed bots doing a disappearing act
Fixed various objects transitioning into _2 that should not have
Fixed consumables properly transitioning into _2
Characters will now walk around P1's dead body
Fixed up and polished both threads of the P64 incident, especially the ending of it..P64 and R13 will leave the scene correctly
Fixed up P52 and P64 issues around the chess board
Fixes for if K15 is shot
Fixed potential overlapping and zenlil destroying logic not shutting off if players got to mission ops quickly enough after dealing with Kiril
Fixed abandoning conversation with Kiril in hangar bay properly triggering fight
Fixed it so that when mercs are killed via decompression, they actually count as kills
Fixed recycables not transitioning after the minigame

KNOWN ISSUES

Subtitles still need work. Some lines won't have subtitles, some subtitles are just wrong, and they sometimes "double up". All to be fixed in an update soon…
Some performance issues remain. This version should run a lot better on many cards, but there are still known issues that we are working on.
Some HUD and inventory polish items remaining. We have an in-game HUD tutorial screen planned, in addition to further polish and tweaks to the usablity of the inventory.
Ongoing balancing work. We've made some significant changes to the balancing in this version, but more may be coming soon. Feel free to post in the Community HUB any thoughts you have on overall difficulty and game balance.

I'm onto it, already submitted a report on a few annoyances that were not fixed yet.

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Do you recommend to play now or to wait til 1.1?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I honestly suggest waiting for 1.1. The game is not buggy as hell as certain AAA GOTY and most glitches are not serious, but possibility of quicksave corruption is a huge problem if it's not connected to that one particular moment in the game where I got it.
Many ppl don't make separate saves and Consortium doesn't autosave on progression where you could revert if needed, so imagine you're playing it for hours and then you can't load it anymore.

Dunno if anyone remembers a similar problem with initial release of DX:HR where all saves would go corrupt if you had a power outage during playing the game. Luckily they've fixed it fast, but I did suffer from it and am still remembering it as no cheat or console could help you to pass through the problem.

But if you do want to help with bugweeding, please do play it now. Just a hint though… Do not reload in order to chase only positive reaction from the first NPC you meet. There is a "bonus" for getting a bit negative attitude on her. For others I'm not sure as I haven't tested every chitchat thoroughly yet.

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'll wait then, thanks.

Unfortunately my playtime these days is very limited, so I'll skip testing here.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Do skip, I've found a few more, already reported.

And am a bit disappointed now… The game *is* IMO too short. :(
But only that. Those interested into story will be happy maybe even more than I am! Those interested into grinding endless respawns will also be happy as there is a training "holodeck" where you can shoot holograms till you really drop dead (I didn't want to waste my time on that stuff, plus I really don't care for dozens of steam achievements linked to it). And I wouldn't believe it if I didn't do it - you can finish the game by not killing anyone at all.

This is some odd RPG, if it's RPG at all. I'd say it's a mix of elements from a shooter, adventure and RPG.

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So what is the estimated average play time if you don't rush?

Top Bottom