Consortium - Remaster announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Sci-fi RPG Consortium will be replaced with a remastered version:

CONSORTIUM Remastered

CONSORTIUM Remastered is a complete Unreal Engine remaster of the original Game One of the iDGi-1 Trilogy (CONSORTIUM 2014).

As Consortium Bishop Six, players are tasked with investigating a mysterious murder, uncovering hidden conspiracies, and navigating complex interpersonal relationships among the diverse crew members. CONSORTIUM Remastered features a highly interactive narrative, allowing players to make choices that impact the story's direction and the relationships with other characters. With its innovative branching dialogue system, immersive storyline, and richly-detailed world, CONSORTIUM Remastered offers players a unique and engaging gaming experience that explores the consequences of their decisions and the nature of trust and loyalty.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I quite enjoyed the first one. Plenty of choice and consequences - and it is fairly easy to make a "wrong" choice. I think my first two playthroughs failed but a playthrough can be fairly short as it is easy to miss stuff if you don't pay attention.

The remaster looks to bring the graphics up to a fairly resonable level and i'm guessing it is a result of all the work they have put into the VR version.

Someday I hope they actually release "The Tower". I backed that game many a year ago and progress has been very slow.

Edit: Owners of the first one can enter the code "4Owners0fCons0rtium0nly" into the "Beta" tab in the library page for the game to unlock access to the beta for Consortium Remastered.

Last edited:
I've owned the original for ages but have never played it. It's one of those games that just got lost in the shuffle for me. Wasn't it planned as a trilogy?

I've owned the original for ages but have never played it. It's one of those games that just got lost in the shuffle for me. Wasn't it planned as a trilogy?
Yeah. Then they ran out of money while working on "The Tower" so had to rip out a quick VN style game (Whispers from the Rift - I think it is a VN but I haven't played it). They then got a bunch of money from somewhere to do a VR project, which I believe was combined with Consortium VR. At this stage I am not even sure they are still working on "The Tower".

If the remaster ends up being free for original owners then I think it will be worth playing. The original is quite a cool little game - although it does promise more than it delivers. It's set in a very small world (a plane) but there is plenty happening and it's hard to investigate everything in the limited amount of time you have. You kind of have to keep your own notes and try to piece how all the characters fit together to figure out the truth behind the story.

It's possible to complete the game without even attacking anyone. If you want to take someone down you can use non-lethal or lethal means.

Last edited:
Thanks. I installed the beta for the remaster using the code you mentioned. Oddly enough, it's only a third the size of the original. I'll give it a spin when I have time.

I played this near the release date as I'd helped sponsor it back in the day, and had fun. I've also just plugged into the beta and might well take a peek.

@bjon045 Looks like the game is still being worked on.

Back
Top Bottom