Copper Dreams - Kickstarter Progress

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The cyber-espionage RPG Copper Dreams is making great progess on Kickstarter:
63% of the $40.000 target are funded with 21 days to go.

On the other hand Swen Vincke and Charlene Putney from Larian ask themselves:

I don’t get why @whalenought ’s copper dreams isn’t already funded -

More information.

Only 567 backers after 10 days is fairly sad, and surprising.

Also interesting that almost 40% of the entire $ total right now is from the 46 people who pledged $125 or $250 - if it wasn't for them there'd probably be no hope of even reaching the goal.

I think it depends how well you liked Serpents in the Staglands. I wasn't a big fan of many aspects of that game, which other people seemed to like. They seem to be adding many of those elements to Copper Dreams. I don't think its a game for me, and I tend to like a lot of old school and indie rpgs. I know Serpents in the Staglands has some big fans on this website, but there were also people who didn't like it that much.

I think it depends how well you liked Serpents in the Staglands. I wasn't a big fan of many aspects of that game, which other people seemed to like. They seem to be adding many of those elements to Copper Dreams. I don't think its a game for me, and I tend to like a lot of old school and indie rpgs. I know Serpents in the Staglands has some big fans on this website, but there were also people who didn't like it that much.
Actually this game should be much better. UI will not be done in small resolution, combat is going to be more fun and it will not have almost useless magic (except to do some quests with it).

Hopefully they will have also fixed the slow loading times SitS suffered from.

My biggest single problem with SitS was its real-time combat, tbh. I've tolerated RTwP in some games, but could never warm up to it in that one - I would've been vastly more enthusiastic about the game if it were TB. (Which is to say, I would've actually purchased it rather than just explore the demo.) I'm encouraged that their new project is basically TB, tho we'll have to see how their implementation fares in larger combats.

My biggest single problem with SitS was its real-time combat, tbh. I've tolerated RTwP in some games, but could never warm up to it in that one - I would've been vastly more enthusiastic about the game if it were TB. (Which is to say, I would've actually purchased it rather than just explore the demo.) I'm encouraged that their new project is basically TB, tho we'll have to see how their implementation fares in larger combats.

Also the standalone expansion for SitS is going to use same TB combat as Copper Dreams will have. It will also come for free when you buy SitS, so you might want to buy it afterall :)

If necessary I will up my pledge to see them through. They are competent, creative, passionate and know what they are doing.

By the way, they have a new update on the setting (factions).

1. GUI is awfully red.

2. Combat system very much feels like a botched 'real-time pause'-attempt with a new twist that doesn't make it turn based at all and its pitch appears confusing as hell, not looking good and dubious. So possibly AvoidWare for me.

There are lots of excellent games out there like Rebel Galaxy, MM7, MM6, and the Avernum series that are much more engaging and lot more fun than this team is [was] able to churn out.

1. GUI is awfully red.

2. Combat system very much feels like a botched 'real-time pause'-attempt with a new twist that doesn't make it turn based at all and its pitch appears confusing as hell, not looking good and dubious. So possibly AvoidWare for me.

There are lots of excellent games out there like Rebel Galaxy, MM7, MM6, and the Avernum series that are much more engaging and lot more fun than this team is [was] able to churn out.
There is more than one version of turn based...

Or it could just be that fantasy fans aren't so enthused about "Cyber-espionage", whatever the F that is ;)

Back
Top Bottom