Copper Dreams - New Graphic Style

Overall I believe I preferred the earlier version, but I trust these folks enough that any graphic style change isn't going to alter my desire to play their products. They won me over the first time for life.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. My initial reaction is I prefer the first style, but I have enjoyed the cell-shading style in the past. I didn't love Borderlands, but I thought the art style worked well. Cell shading can indeed stand the test of time, but so can 2D, if done well.

Like others, I'll reserve jusgement until I see it in motion.

In other words: they can't find a viable art style. Plain & simple.

Old one looked like a lame thinking-in-a-box-conveyor-belt-delivery of the same old SHT graphics we saw 1000000x times already.

New cartoon junk is too contrasty, albeit a notch more intredasting than the old "waste-disposal plant" color palette.

In other words: they can't find a viable art style. Plain & simple.

Old one looked like a lame thinking-in-a-box-conveyor-belt-delivery of the same old SHT graphics we saw 1000000x times already.

New cartoon junk is too contrasty, albeit a notch more intredasting than the old "waste-disposal plant" color palette.

What do you know, I actually agree with Mercy.

This is a very drastic change in style. Not the biggest fan of it, but if the gameplay is tight, I will give it a chance.

I think the old rainy cyberpunk style with some added neon would have done it.

Let's be honest, the old graphics were ugly.
It's still ugly just now in neon colors instead.
I think the old rainy cyberpunk style with some added neon would have done it.
Yes he should of kept the old style but added some more color. I would of been fine with that instead of this bright neon cyberpunk comic whatever the hell it is now.

I get not liking the aesthetic, but it's far more stylized and unique than the old graphics which had no creativity or artistic direction whatsoever. At least this catches your eye.

I wouldnt want every game to look like that, but I like it. Much better than the original "style" (if you want to call it that).

I'm not sure what to think. While i don't think the prior graphics were anything to write home about, i don't know if this new look is any better. Not that i don't like "cartoony" graphics. I loved the look of Banner Saga. I just don't know if they fit this type of game.

Yes he should of kept the old style but added some more color. I would of been fine with that instead of this bright neon cyberpunk comic whatever the hell it is now.

Agreed. I'll probably still buy it if the gameplay is good, but its prettttty ugly in my book.

I'd at least wait for a video before grabbing your torches and pitchforks. We've seen one screenshot... is that even a screenshot or concept art? IDK, but it's hard to look at one image and imagine how all the previous work we have seen will look in the new style.

Back
Top Bottom