Coronavirus (No Politics)

Welp I got the rona. Guess I got it from my sister. Feeling weak, tired, no energy, headache, no appetite. We'll see what happens from here. I'm not worried, God is good. Stay safe, guys.

Welp I got the rona. Guess I got it from my sister. Feeling weak, tired, no energy, headache, no appetite. We'll see what happens from here. I'm not worried, God is good. Stay safe, guys.

Feel better soon. I think in your age bracket, it's highly unlikely that it's any more serious than any random bug you might pick up in the course of normal life.

Feel better soon. I think in your age bracket, it's highly unlikely that it's any more serious than any random bug you might pick up in the course of normal life.

Thanks ripper. Good to hear. I'll just have to rest here and take it easy. I'm drinking lots of water and resting. Should be fine.

Got my first shot today. Pfizer.

It all went very smoothly. Two weeks ago I got ans SMS informing me that "they" had sent a digital letter to me (and if I didn't react to it within 4 days, they would send the letter by ordinary post.). I opened my digital letterbox, told them I was interested, and immediately got an appointment for today.

At the shot site, the whole ordeal took 30 minutes, including 20 minutes waiting time after the shot. Very efficient.

I knew there have been problems running the vaccination program earlier, but now it seems they've got the process running like a "fine tuned machine".

an incarnation of pibbur who now will wait patiently until 1st of June.

Glad to hear it went fine @a pibbur;.

I'm getting my first shot on Friday. Looking forward to it and hope I don't catch any bug before it.

Is everything alright with you Fluent? Haven't seen you post here in a while.

Hey SveNitoR. I am doing fine, no worries here. i isolated as i should, BUT, i did have more exposure to the virus from my sister a few days ago, so while i haven't been tested i'm also quarantining again. just in case. but my sister is also feeling better, my niece as well. just gonna lay low for another ten days or so and should be fine. no real symptoms to speak of here, so i was a very lucky one. God is good! thanks for your concern, pal. i appreciate u! take care. <3

Just got my first dose of the moderna vaccine and I feel like shit. My entire left arm is swollen and numb on top of aches and chills right now. Common side effects my ass.

Also yes I was supposed to get the J&J shot but it was put on hold for blood clots, and the store I went to last month couldn't store the Pfizer in sub-zero temps.

Mom also got the vaccine even with her health problems at her Doctor's recommendation. Yes we were advised of the complications due to her various drugs.

Just got my first dose of the moderna vaccine and I feel like shit. My entire left arm is swollen and numb on top of aches and chills right now. Common side effects my ass.

Also yes I was supposed to get the J&J shot but it was put on hold for blood clots, and the store I went to last month couldn't store the Pfizer in sub-zero temps.

Mom also got the vaccine even with her health problems at her Doctor's recommendation. Yes we were advised of the complications due to her various drugs.

Hope you feel better soon.
Is this a two-shot vaccine or just one ?

Hope you feel better soon.
Is this a two-shot vaccine or just one ?
Two shot moderna vaccine I go back next month for the booster shot. All evidence points to more side effects with the second shot. Then I need to get the flu and pneumonia shot. Though I have to wait another month for those as I'm long overdue.

Well, unfortunately I didn't get a shot yesterday. The vaccination priorities were changed and since I don't have to get close my patients (I work as a clinical psychologist) I got moved back in line.

Really annoying to think I was going to get it and then have it canceled at the last minute. I get their reasoning, but it's still frustrating.

i forgot to mention, i get my first shot on the 29th of april. it's likely the moderna version. sorry to hear about ur side effects @Couchpotato; , that sounds rough. i'm not looking forward to that but i'll be happy once i get the second shot. i can join momma who already is fully vaccinated. we're still going to wear masks and distance and be careful. wash hands and all that.

i forgot to mention, i get my first shot on the 29th of april. it's likely the moderna version. sorry to hear about ur side effects @Couchpotato; , that sounds rough. i'm not looking forward to that but i'll be happy once i get the second shot. i can join momma who already is fully vaccinated. we're still going to wear masks and distance and be careful. wash hands and all that.
In Sweden they've said that if everyone is fully vaccinated in a group there's no need to keep distance. That's what I long for. I want to dare to hug my dad properly and sit close to friends and extended family without worry. Distancing is... sad.

Edit: I'm happy for you getting your shot! Good luck with the side effects. It seems like most people don't get more than with other vaccines, but one never knows. Still. Better to get some side effects for a day or two, than getting long term consequences from the disease.

In Sweden they've said that if everyone is fully vaccinated in a group there's no need to keep distance. That's what I long for. I want to dare to hug my dad properly and sit close to friends and extended family without worry. Distancing is sad.
Unfortunately that is only true when nobody has caught one of the newer strains for which the protection, of whatever they and you were vaccinated with, might not be that good.

Yes it is not without risk of getting infected, but the risk of getting a severe case is low. We have to take the risk eventually and after getting shots and at least partial protection seems like a good point. We need close human interactions to survive as individuals and as a society.

Of course it is still important to wash hands and keep distance from other people until such a time where we have decent herd immunity or at least some protection due to exposure to different strains among most people. We will never get rid of this virus now unless there's some revolution in vaccines.

Anyway, this is tiptoeing into the area of politics, so I probably shouldn't write more about it here :)

There's a lot of unknowns with the variants, of course, but the evidence we have suggests that although the vaccines are less effective at preventing symptomatic disease completely, they remain effective at preventing hospitalisation and death.

Personally, on two doses of Pfizer, I'm living life again, and feeling a whole lot better for it. I deem the balance of harms now to be in favour of me relying on the vaccine protection and reasonable precautions, to get as far back to normal as possible. I've had that chat with family and friends in the vaccine club, and we all agree we're going to mix, and accept the remaining risk as part of the everyday dangers of life.

I'm quite a sociable creature, and lockdown has taken its toll on me. What's been particularly frustrating, is that there's been an awful lot of spare time I haven't been able to use very productively - I've just been in too much of an agitated and distracted state most of the time. Even sitting through a movie has been difficult sometimes.

So, at this point, it's a return to life - for now.

@Ripper;

Lack of meaningful social interactions is one of the key factors to cause and maintain depression. Long term loneliness has a very bad effect on health: https://www.brainandlife.org/articles/how-loneliness-affects-health/

Edit: social anxiety, and certain other types of anxiety get worse too, of course.

Yes, I've been down that road before, and I've been keeping an eye on it. Luckily for me, it hasn't been total social isolation (or I might have been in real trouble), and I don't think we're into the realms of clinical depression. I would say it's highlighted for me just how important getting out and about in the world is to me, and when that need isn't met, it becomes apparent.

Back
Top Bottom