Coronavirus (No Politics)

Yep get the vaccine twice and go back every six months to get another shot.;)

That shot will protect you for only six months given the current data.

Co-vid the gift that keeps giving.:lol:

I got my first dose of Moderna Friday night. Felt okay yesterday, arm was sore but I wasn't too bad. But today, wow. I feel like HELL. My body is so achey and hurting, my arm is extremely sore but so is my back, my torso, my legs. I don't mean to complain or anything, God is still good, but I am definitely feeling it today. I heard only the 2nd shot has side effects, so I'm wondering what that ordeal is going to be like, if the 1st shot made me feel this way.

I also don't mean to dissuade anyone from getting the shot. Aches and pains will go away, getting COVID could kill u or someone u love. Get the vaccine, people, it's important for all of us. Peace and God bless. <3
Yeah. I'd rather risk getting awful side effects for a few days, than possibly dying.

My wife got the Pfizer one on Friday and had no side effects apart from a little pain in her arm. She was in a bad mood all weekend, though, but I think the kids being annoying and me playing games too much again is the real reason and not the vaccine... :D

Don't admit it's your fault. Blame it on her, and an unfortunate reaction to the vaccine.

an incarnation of pibbur who suggests that the Swede allows himself more gaming with the same excuse (reminding the wife of her reaction to the thing).

PS. What a great idea. Sadly, it may be difficult for me to adopt it, since I had no side effects at all after the first shot and unfortunately mentioned that to the wife. DS.

Don't admit it's your fault. Blame it on her, and an unfortunate reaction to the vaccine.

an incarnation of pibbur who suggests that the Swede allows himself more gaming with the same excuse (reminding the wife of her reaction to the thing).

PS. What a great idea. Sadly, it may be difficult for me to adopt it, since I had no side effects at all after the first shot and unfortunately mentioned that to the wife. DS.

Lol, I'll pretend to get really annoying side effects when I finally get my first shot and say I need som me-time...

My wife & I got the first jab (pfizer) a little over a week ago. My arm was pretty sore for a day or two, but I had no other side effects. My wife had heard that moving your arm around a lot after getting it reduces soreness. I foolishly didn't make much an effort to do it. She did and her arm wasn't nearly as sore the next day. Of course we're a sample size of two so take this with a grain of salt.

My wife & I got the first jab (pfizer) a little over a week ago. My arm was pretty sore for a day or two, but I had no other side effects. My wife had heard that moving your arm around a lot after getting it reduces soreness. I foolishly didn't make much an effort to do it. She did and her arm wasn't nearly as sore the next day. Of course we're a sample size of two so take this with a grain of salt.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case (as long as the "a lot" doesn't mean vigorous :) )

But look at the bright side of it: With a sore arm there are a lot of chores you cannot do.

an incarnation of pibbur who didn't have any problems, but who can't remember how much arm movement he engaged in.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case (as long as the "a lot" doesn't mean vigorous :) )

But look at the bright side of it: With a sore arm there are a lot of chores you cannot do.

an incarnation of pibbur who didn't have any problems, but who can't remember how much arm movement he engaged in.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to go to work the next day. Luckily I don't usually have to do much heavy lifting but it as very awkward to avoid using one of my arms as much as possible. At least I was wise enough to get it in my non dominant side.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to go to work the next day. Luckily ...
Then you have an even better excuse to relax when you get home.

an incarnation of pibbur who dares writing things like this because the wife (hopefully) doesn't watch the watch.

It's only been two hours since I had it. No immediate reaction which was good though. See how I feel later. Just minor soreness at the moment.

They did such a good job! The national guard managed it. I couldn't believe how cheerful and friendly they all were ... and I know they must be tired and worn out from weeks of doing it. Yet they were all extra nice. I was extremely impressed by how it was all managed. Helpful, professional, friendly, and reassuring.

They did such a good job! The national guard managed it. I couldn't believe how cheerful and friendly they all were … and I know they must be tired and worn out from weeks of doing it. Yet they were all extra nice. I was extremely impressed by how it was all managed. Helpful, professional, friendly, and reassuring.

It's a bit off-topic, but that's been my experience of the military when they've been called into domestic service.

At the 2012 London Olympics (which were awesome) the massive corporation with the contract for security suddenly declared, at the last moment, that they couldn't deliver.

The army was drafted in, and people were worried that it might lend things a militaristic tone. Nothing could have been further from the truth - it was like drafting in the most enthusiastic hospitality service in the world. Never seen such a festive atmosphere!

Ouch, that sounds way nastier than my reaction @TheRealFluent;! I had the fever but it was just fever, no pains except for a little headache when I was getting dehydrated. Did you check your temperature?

Lol, I'll pretend to get really annoying side effects when I finally get my first shot and say I need som me-time
Oh, that's no problem, just make sure the WiFi is turned off where you live. When the nanobots try to check in, they'll have to boost power which will show up as a fever. :devil:

I'm surprised by how random the vaccine reactions seem to be. My 76 year old father got his second shot of Pfizer a few weeks ago and didn't have any symptoms whatsoever. Is the Moderna shot known for having a worse hangover?

Oh, that's no problem, just make sure the WiFi is turned off where you live. When the nanobots try to check in, they'll have to boost power which will show up as a fever.

LOL, I'll try to remember that. :D

I'm surprised by how random the vaccine reactions seem to be. My 76 year old father got his second shot of Pfizer a few weeks ago and didn't have any symptoms whatsoever. Is the Moderna shot known for having a worse hangover?

I understand the surprise, but there really is no reason for it, this is how it is.

We divide side effect of drugs into groups ranging from common to very rare occurences, with some occuring in less than 1 out of 100 0000 users. Some side effects are predictable. When you for instance treat a fast cardiac arrythmia by drugs slowing down the heart, it can - no surprise - result in a too slow heart rate (which usually can be handled by adjusting the dosage). But in many cases side effects occur and we don't know why.

I don't know if the Moderna vaccine is worse than Pfizer, but even if it's the same technology behind the vaccines, side effects will vary between them. So, a person reacting to the Moderna vaccine, may tolerate the Pfizer well (and the other way around).

an incarnation of pibbur who hopes he's not too patronizing. And doesn't know if "patroni?ing" should be spelled with a 'z' or an 's'. And who doesn't bother to check a dictionary.

I got Moderna, and all I had was a feeling in my arm like that of a stronger muscle soreness, nothing more.

A female collegue/co-worker also had Moderna, but had more symptoms.

Ouch, that sounds way nastier than my reaction @TheRealFluent;! I had the fever but it was just fever, no pains except for a little headache when I was getting dehydrated. Did you check your temperature?

Nope, didn't check my temp. However, I did feel better when I went to sleep that night, and the next day I was fine, even the extreme arm soreness went away. No lingering effects at all. :) So I had 3/4ths of one day with pretty extreme symptoms, and then nothing at all. Not bad at all, really. Thanks for the concern, though. Appreciate u guys! <3

I understand the surprise, but there really is no reason for it, this is how it is.
No reason for it, that's just how it is? You've been reading those naughty quantum theory books, haven't you!! ;)

No reason for it, that's just how it is? You've been reading those naughty quantum theory books, haven't you!! ;)

I have and I have not.

an incarnation of pibbur who wishes that his around 150000000000000000000000000000 quarks could agree on what they should be doing so that he for instance could apply the tunneling effect.

Family and collegues always insist that I should have a haircut every 3 months (because haircutters were closed) because makes me look more manly.
Now, you know what I think of the "manliness" clichés ...

Back
Top Bottom