Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

JFarrell71

SasqWatch
Pretty sure that Northern War thing is an anime, not a game.

It's also strange that the description I read says it's an adaptation of the first Trails of Cold Steel game, given that the chracters are completely different and so is the premise.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Correct I just found the link and didn't read it. It indeed looks different. Though it looks to be told from another perceptive of the war. So it's understandably it's different.:nod:

Last edited:

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Mortismal Gaming The DioField Chronicle - First Impressions

Talking a bit about my initial experiences with the release version of the title just a bit ahead of it's launch!
New Slaves of Magic Trailer and Demo - Steam

Humanity has been invaded by otherworldly forces using magic. Can you lead the resistance against the oppressors in this fantasy turn-based tactical strategy game to save humanity from becoming slaves of magic?
The Lord of the Rings Online: Before the Shadow Available for Pre-purchase

Reveal the mysteries of the One Ring as you venture through the reedy fens of Swanfleet and the moors of Cardolan. Journey alongside Boromir to Rivendell, and run afoul of the Witch-King and Nazul in their pursuit of "Baggins" and the peaceful land of the "Shire" as shadow begins to pour forth from the land of Mordor!
Hellgate: London - London 2038 Development Update #34
Hello, hello! As foretold last time, these last two weeks ended up being quite less productive. Because well, they only offered 2 free days, plus some stolen spare change here and there. Still, some work has been done, so let’s dive right in.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
No Place for Bravery Released - Steam

Thorn, an old warrior worn down by decades of vim and violence, roams a world undone in search of his lost daughter. Dodge, parry & cleave your way out of brutal clashes in this 2D top-down action RPG, and discover the bone-chilling tale of Thorn's crusade to make his family whole again.
TactiCon 2022 Underway this Week - TactiCon 2022

TactiCon runs from September 22 through to September 26, and will feature panels involving over 20 speakers, discounts on games old, new, and upcoming, as well as live streams and announcements. Over 100 games are participating in TactiCon’s first year, and we’re very excited!
ARK: Survival Evolved and Gloomhaven for Free on the Epic Games Store
ARK: Survival Evolved - Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

Whether you are drawn to Gloomhaven by the call of adventure or by an avid desire for gold glimmering in the dark, your fate will surely be the same. Gloomhaven, the digital adaptation of the acclaimed board game, mixes Tactical-RPG and dungeon-crawling.
Stray Blade feels like a sword still in need of some honing - RPGSite
For such a small studio, I genuinely hope that Stray Blade can find itself in a more polished spot by the next chance I have to see it. These types of impressions always feel the worst to report, when you can tell that a game has had a ton of love poured into it - but ultimately what you'd played just doesn't stand out from the crowd. Stray Blade isn't a bad game, so far, but it's hard to see what awaits us out the other end of development.
Cyberpunk 2077 Sale Surge due to Edgerunners Anime

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Auto-Enhanced with Nvidia RTX Remix AI

During their presentation for the Nvidia 4090, Omniverse was presented and we got a glimpse into Morrowind being auto-enhanced with Nvidia RTX Remix AI. Here are the results.
TGS 2022 Guns Undarkness Interview with Shoji Meguro - Gematsu
At Tokyo Game 2022, we got a chance to sit down with former ATLUS composer Shoji Meguro to discuss his first independent game Guns Undarkness, which was recently successfully funded on Kickstarter.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails series sales top seven million - Gematsu
Total sales for the Trails series of The Legend of Heroes games have surpassed seven million units worldwide, developer Falcom announced.
Babylon’s Fall is now being given away for free at some stores - VGC
Babylon’s Fall, the troubled Platinum and Square Enix RPG, is reportedly being given away for free at some GameStop stores.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Video game actors are worried about AI tech taking over their jobs - News.com
Self-service checkouts, lights-out manufacturing, self-driving cars, and wars raged by robotic drones – automation is coming for everyone’s jobs eventually, and our capitalist systems aren’t equipped to carry us through it.

As I type this, teams are working on machine-learning AI that can write simple news articles with perfect grammar and without rambling introductions. They can’t be self-deprecating like me – and they certainly can’t interview people – but they sure can put words in order.

No one is safe from the death march of technological advancement. Not even actors.
Octopath Traveler II Has Almost Finished Development - Gameluster
We’re excited to finally announce to everyone that Octopath Traveler II’s development is 90% complete. We are currently in the last stretch, so we ask that you wait just a little bit more. Keep an eye out for further information coming out at a later date.
A Plague Tale Requiem Game Length to Be 15-18 Hours Long "No Filler" - MP1st
Speaking in the latest issue of PLAY Magazine (issue #19), Asobo Studio’s Lead Level Designer Kevin Pinson revealed that players can expect A Plague Tale Requiem’s campaign to run somewhere between 15-18 hours long. Do note that this suggested length is based from their own playthroughs, meaning it could potentially be shorter, or longer depending on the player.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force Demo Impressions - The Outer Haven
I’m still skeptical about the game, but dang, did I have fun in this world and fighting with the DUMA system. Though, I’ll probably wait until the game goes on sale before I eventually pick it up

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Mortismal Gaming Solasta: CotM - Inner Strength DLC Details

Sharing information on the upcoming DLC for Solasta that will be adding the monk, warlock, and bard classes!
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Hero History: Magik

From a mundane childhood to the Queen of Limbo, Magik has had quite the journey! Join Comicstorian to learn how Magik grew to become such a powerful sorceress before she joins the Midnight Suns on December 2.
Aaction-Adventure/RPG "KAKU: Ancient Seal" coming to PC - Steam

KAKU: Ancient Seal is an open-world action-adventure fantasy game that lets players navigate their own path through a mysterious continent full of strange creatures, ancient ruins, and unique tribes. Play Kaku an young child, who’s tasked with going on a journey across a sprawling continent.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Should You Play Cyberpunk 2077 in 2022 - Estnn
So… it is tough to sell this game to someone who might not be enchanted by the idea of hanging out in GTA but with a retro-future aesthetic with fewer sandbox elements than you might hope for. Suppose you can deal with that to get some really stellar writing, then more power to you. It can't hurt to give the title a second chance, look at it with fewer expectations and you might even grow to like it. Personally, I stick with that Cyberpunk 2077 is an 8th gen open-world triple-A game that tries to do everything at once and can't seem to excel at even one of the things it sets out to do.
Harvey Smith nearly made a 'Heat'-inspired "immersive sim" - NME
Speaking to NME, game developer Harvey Smith shared some of the games that he nearly made over the course of his career, including a Blade Runner game and another inspired by Michael Mann’s 1996 film Heat.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Hands-On Preview: A Soulslike With Speed - IGN
I was able to play the game for about five hours but spent most of it figuring out how to defeat bosses. As such, I didn't get the opportunity to test out different phase and Divine Beast combinations, builds, and so on aside from my fire phase and Vermillion Bird build. Because your phase also determines what wizardry spells are available to you, I want to try out a bunch of different combinations once the demo is released

While Wo Long is for sure a difficult masocore title, you'll find yourself enjoying plenty of exciting, high-speed, Chinese martial arts combat as you try again and again.

The release version of the game will also contain PvP, which I can't wait for given just how good Wo Long's action is. If you're interested, why not give the demo version a try?
Project Haven September Development Report - Steam
You heard right! Project Haven's Demo is now available to download and play until the 3rd of October as part of the TactiCon event!

It's been a long time coming, but it's now possible to test out all the new features we're been working on these past months.

We'd be super grateful if you could play it and gives us feedback on what you like, what you don't like and how we could make it better!

So what's new since our last update? We're glad you asked!

We've continued with backend updates we've mentioned in the previous update, this time focused on AI and the perception system (hearing and visibility). We've also done some art and animation updates, and finally a new Skill system. Let's break it down!
Harvestella Demo Impressions a turnip with potential - RPGSite
Harvestella’s demo gave me a good taste for the game and I’m ready to take some more bites. The story itself seems relatively intriguing, and there seems to be a dash of humor as well, if a run-in with a hypocritical unicorn is anything to go by. I’m looking forward to other features that have been shown such as the mount, and other standard affairs like raising livestock and using makers. We’ve yet to see whether other genre conventions will appear, and while I certainly hope so, it may well turn out good enough without them.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Video game actors are worried about AI tech taking over their jobs - News.com
This concept is something I learned about known in economy as "the winner takes it all" : IF a company owns ALL things needed to produce somnething, especially robots for manufacturing, they can fire all human laborers and - at the same time - reduce their producing costs so much that all other competors have to close because their wares cannot be sold anymore because they have higher production costs - and therefore their wares are more expensive - than normal people are willing to buy.

If video game publishers are using AI, they can fire even more human laborers, and produce even more good looking games - which are sold better, because the look of a game is *still* after 3 decades the main selling point - and normal people prefer to buy better looking games. Story might even be irrelevant, as the rise of the Axction-RPG sub-genre shows.

So, in the end, the game publers are "winners who take it all", because they can produce everything from a to z and that with even reduced costs because of AI.

Another threat is at the far horizon : Humanity is getting forced to learn to duistinguish between fake news (produced by AI) and real news (in a small countryside village, everyone knows everyone).

Top Bottom