Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Hogwarts Legacy - Official Dark Arts Battle Arena Gameplay

Check out gameplay from the Dark Arts Battle Arena, coming in the Deluxe Edition of Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy - Official Room of Requirement Customization Gameplay

Check out an in-depth look at the customization of gear, magical creatures, and the Room of Requirement, a space that can be customized through conjuration spells obtainable through gameplay.
Sega shares combat style overview trailers for Like a Dragon: Ishin

The Swordsman Cut your way through hordes of enemies and fell your rivals with dramatic ripostes. Embody the ideal of the samurai—honor, training, and finesse. Like a Dragon: Ishin! launches February 21, 2023 for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows, and Steam. Pre-order digitally to receive 3 bonus weapons and 4-days Early Access to the game on February 17th

Diablo 4 Season Pass Explained

Zoe Delahunty-Light is here with everything she knows about Diablo 4's season pass and always online mode! From what the always online and live service will entail in Diablo 4 to how you can access the season pass, and whether it's optional or not, this video delves deep into what Diablo 4's online elements hold for its players.
We’ve Played Diablo 4! 8 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

Zoe Delahunty-Light has played hours upon hours of #Diablo4 and from all that Diablo 4 gameplay she's distilled 8 things you absolutely need to know about Blizzard's game, from the Diablo 4 endgame opportunities to the worldbuilding. If you're looking for more details about its always-online model and live services, as well as the endgame content, keep an eye on Eurogamer as Zoe's got two videos coming out that'll cover those exact topics.

Constellation Questions: Talking Starfield Quests with Will Shen

Lead Quest Designer Will Shen answers some of the community's most frequently asked questions about Starfield's quests in our second Constellation Questions video.
Harvestella Interview on Possibility of a Franchise & More - Twinfinite
Harvestella represents Square Enix’s debut into the life simulation JRPG sub-genre, and it’s certainly an interesting take on the formula. Twinfinite had a chat with producer Daisuke Taka, and we asked him whether he’d like to develop the title into a series.

We also hear more about the philosophy behind the gameplay and whether we may expect additional platforms in the future.
What to Expect from Hades 2 - Indie Game Culture
Overall, the Hades 2 trailer leaves us with as many questions as it does answers. And you know what? I love that! It’s so exciting to know that a mysterious new game is on its way, and it’s going to be a lot of fun guessing about the content. Besides, the aspects that we do know are really interesting.

I can’t wait to get to know Melinoë, and I’m sure she’ll be just as wonderful of a protagonist as Zagreus was. Kronos also sounds like he’ll be a formidable villain, and I can’t wait to encounter him for the first time. Being able to use magic is also going to be a lot of fun, and it’ll be fascinating to see how the abilities differ from those in the first game.
Diablo IV: Beta a classic action RPG improved - People Are Geek
While dungeons are often procedurally made, the open world will be quite different. Blizzar’s developers have spent a lot of time on it, a gigantic world to explore. Whether it’s the abundance of dungeons, there are many side quests to complete, or hidden areas to get epic loot. Cooperation and multiplayer mode will take a bigger part in this game.
Forspoken: Magic, Delays, and Learning from Final Fantasy - Gamereactor
We have just published another preview of Luminous Productions debut and incoming outing, Forspoken, following a recent opportunity where we went hands-on with the game for a whole bunch of hours and got to check out four of the opening five chapters. To add to this, we also had a chance to chat with a few members of the development team, including head of studio and director Takeshi Aramaki, co-director Takefumi Terada, and creative producer Raio Mitsuno, to learn a little more about the game.
Immersive sim origins: the secret history of Ultima Underworld
30 years after the launch of Ultima Underworld, one of the most ambitious 3D games of its era, its original creative director somehow still hungers to do for modern video games what his classic "immersive sim" did for games of the ‘90s.

"The only reason I'm still doing this today is, I see creative opportunities to innovate," longtime designer and programmer Paul Neurath says from his home in New Hampshire. “The industry is still immature.” The industry veteran doesn’t come to this conclusion lightly, having programmed and produced games since the early ‘80s.

But after a fumble with the 2018 launch of Underworld Ascendant, Neurath is taking an anniversary-timed opportunity to reflect on the original Ultima Underworld—to tell its stories and to recalibrate his current game-making compass.

Blowig from the West: Simulating Wind in Ghost of Tsushima

In this 2021 GDC session, Sucker Punch Productions’ Bill Rockenbeck presents a variety of tips and tricks used to make these wind-driven simulations fast and believable, while utilizing the Playstation GPU to its maximum.
From Weapons to Wizards: Transforming Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

In this 2022 Audio Summit session, Gearbox Software’s Joshua Davidson illustrates the way they approached their modular design across these new categories, and how the soundscape was aesthetically transformed to a fantasy aesthetic to bring the sonic world of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to life.
Why Hogwarts Legacy May Be One of the Biggest Games of 2023

As 2022 wraps up, events like The Game Awards and even our own internal best of year features celebrate the finest experiences of the year. But it’s equally important to look forward to the next year, and take a look at what exciting games await us on the other side. Avalanche Software’s upcoming Hogwarts Legacy is also one such game - and it’s one that fans of the genre seem to have been craving for so long. So naturally, there are a lot of expectations from this game.
15 Best RPGs of All Time [2022 Edition]

Role playing games have hooked us gamers with fantastical worlds and a jaw-dropping sense of scale for decades now, and the genre has considerably evolved within that time period. What was once a market solely dominated by specific game developers has morphed into a global business, and this has led to new types of experiences.

New trailer and information for Octopath Traveler - RPGSite

Square Enix has revealed a new trailer, details, and screenshots for Octopath Traveler II, detailing Throné the thief, Temenos the cleric, secondary jobs, and support skills.
Bannerlord Creative Competition 2 Winners - Taleworlds
We were very excited back in April, when we announced the second iteration of the Bannerlord Creative Competition, with the first one bringing many modders and creators together to turn in their submissions.

We were amazed by the quality of creations and the variety of ideas brought to the table back then, and that hasn’t changed with the second iteration. We’re thrilled to report that many modders answered the call. After a thorough evaluation conducted by our developers, we’re now pleased to be sharing the winners of the Bannerlord Creative Competition 2!

It brought new challenges for the participants in the form of three contents - designing hideout scenes, producing royal melee weapon sets and making a comic set in the Dark Ages of Calradia.
The Elder Scrolls Online 2022 Producer's Letter - Betshseda
As we approach the end of 2022, it's once again time to share some thoughts on where ESO is and to look ahead at what is in store for the game in the new year. In 2023, ESO will see an amazing Chapter as well as some long-requested changes to the types of content that we will deliver—based largely on community feedback.
Diablo: Immortal Terror’s Tide Update Released - Blizzard
Welcome to Terror’s Tide, our second Major Update for Diablo Immortal. This update is packed with a slew of changes to existing content and systems, as well as new content, such as the Stormpoint Zone, Voidwound Helliquary, and much more!
Hogwarts Legacy Release Schedule Updated

Abyss World a new ARPG using Unreal Engine 5 - DSO

Abyss Studio has announced a new third-person action RPG that will be using Unreal Engine 5, called Abyss World: Apocalypse. Abyss World: Apocalypse will release in 2023 on PC, and below you can find its debut in-engine trailer.
Zoria: Age of Shattering - Help us win the Indie of The Year award - Steam
Thanks to your votes, we make it to the top 100 Indie of the year list by IndieDB. Now we need your action again to claim victory.

Click here and hit the "Vote" button next to the Zoria in the Upcoming Role Playing games category. We are counting on you!
Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms Xmas in Plamen - Steam
Two weeks since our latest post so we are here again with some juicy info for you all. As you noticed, we've been a bit late with new features promised back in September. We are very sorry about this but we changed our plans on the way while iterating stuff. This is a pretty common thing in development but we thought it was right to explain this to you all. We originally thought it would have been cool to split scheduled upgrades in many different small patches but while doiing things, we decided to go on in a very old school way.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Free Weekend Begins - BluesNews
Speaking of free, the promised free trial of Assassin's Creed Valhalla is now available on all platforms. On PC this is handled through the Epic Games Store, Steam, or the Ubisoft Store. As previously noted, progress will carry over for anyone who converts their sample into a purchase.
Talking to the Creative Force of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Xbox News
To learn more about this sensational looking game, we had a chance to speak with Yasuda and Yamagiwa to learn more about Wo-Long: Fallen Dynasty’s unique setting, their approach to creating challenging (but fair) combat mechanics, and more.

Diablo 4 - How It's Looking Six Months From Release

Talking about how Diablo 4 is shaping up after the big news on the release date and some talk surrounding other things of interest like recently revealed systems, the collectors box, and the battle pass.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Review - The Final Verdict

In seven and a half years, I have played through The Witcher 3 multiple times, and clocked in several hundred hours into the game across different platforms- and yet, jumping back into its brutal, beautiful world, I still find myself transfixed. Even being as familiar with it as I am, even knowing its intricate web of choice and consequence mechanics like the back of my hand, even having played through its best side quests more times than I can count, I still find myself hanging on every second, seeping in the brilliance of its world and narrative.
Fallout: London - 3rd Quarter 2022 Progress Video

Fallout: London is a DLC-sized mod for Bethesda’s Fallout 4. As a continuation of the base game, the mod will allow the player to visit the previously unexplored post-apocalyptic environment of London, As a divergence from previous official titles in the series, Fallout: London is not set in America. Visiting a totally new setting allows for us to explore totally new cultures which have not homogenized with their American counterparts. It also allows us to explore pre-war European history, and the effects the Resource Wars had on the class structured society of pre-war Britain. Welcome to our 3rd Quarter 2022 video update, we would like to thank you for your continued support and hope you enjoy what you see.

Zodiac Legion: Let's play of the jail break mission, updated with traps

Here is a new version of the Jailbreak mission, now updated with traps and hidden mechanisms. We will soon add semi randomized levels to keep things fresh.
Official PC requirements & 10 minutes of Gameplay of BLUE PROTOCOL - DSO

Bandai Namco has revealed the official PC system requirements for BLUE PROTOCOL. In addition, Gematsu shared a video, showcasing 10 minutes of gameplay footage from it.

BLUE PROTOCOL is an online action RPG, featuring a dynamic action combat system and deep character customization. The game also promises to have an epic story set in a vast world.

The game will be using Unreal Engine 4, so it will be interesting to see whether there will be any shader compilation stutters on PC. Ten bucks says that there will be.
Starfield's faction quests will play more like Skyrim than Fallout 4 - PCGamer
Lead quest designer Will Shen said players will be able to play all the faction quests independently—but won't necessarily be able to become their leader.

Last edited:
Into the Dead: Our Darkest Days coming to PC in 2024 - Steam

Texas, 1980. Walton City has fallen to a zombie outbreak. Lead a band of desperate survivors from refuge to refuge by scavenging, crafting, and fighting in a relentless struggle for survival. Plan wisely, stick together, and — above all — keep moving if you want to make it out alive.
Diablo 4 Collector’s Edition Doesn’t Come With the Actual Game - GameJunkie
Recently, Blizzard released a trailer showing the release date of Diablo 4. The game will be released on June 6, 2023. Blizzard Entertainment wants to keep the hype going as long as possible. The Diablo 4 Limited Collector’s Box will come with a price tag of $ 97, but it does not come with the game.
They really all came crawlin' back to Steam, didn't they? - Steam
  • After sequestering the Call of Duty games on Blizzard's Battle.net for a time, Activision came back to Steam this year with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0.
  • Microsoft started releasing games on Steam again in 2019, having failed to make the Microsoft Store essential. (Although it has found success with Game Pass and the Xbox App.)
  • Following a couple years of Epic Games Store exclusivity, Ubisoft finally released Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Steam this year.
  • Take-Two also toyed with Epic exclusivity, but only ever for short periods: Borderlands 3 was on Steam after six months, and Red Dead Redemption 2 was exclusive to the Rockstar Games Launcher and EGS for just a month.
What Cyberpunk 2077’s Sequel Could Learn from Edgerunners - GoombaStomp
After almost eight years of being hyped up to the moon, Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous launch left it seemingly dead on arrival. Overnight, developers CD Projekt Red went from one of the most beloved studios in the industry to one of the most reviled. Stocks plummeted, fans abandoned ship, and it would have been very easy–sensible, even–to cut all ties with the game and move on to something new. Instead, CDPR stuck with it, and after two years, dozens of patches, and thousands of bug fixes, Cyberpunk 2077 finally plays as it should have played at launch.

Journey for the Crown Teaser Trailer

Hello, I'm Scott Browne a solo developer for Journey for the Crown, and welcome to my channel. It means a lot that you're here watching my work and I hope it inspires you and perhaps you'll even play the game at some point. Be sure to sub or follow me on various other platforms to stay in the loop with my progression.

Journey for the Crown(JFTC) is a single-player game where you explore with a group of characters that are acquired throughout the story. Pick and choose your favorite party members and adventure through the world of Ruaneth.
Hogwarts Legacy Gameplay Showcase #2

Join Game Director Alan Tew, Systems Designer Mekenzy Toner, Community Manager Chandler Wood, and special guest Community Host Ben Snow in this all new look at #HogwartsLegacy. In this gameplay showcase, our hosts will take you through a new look at broom flight and traversal, advanced combat, and an introduction to the Room of Requirement.
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Season of Escalation Update

Welcome to the Season of Escalation!

Start your journey anew! New goals and epic rewards await Seasonal characters who face the Escalating tide of the enemies of the Imperium!

To get a full understanding of all the Seasonal mechanics and to learn more about the new Seasonal items, shards, frames as well as the objectives you have to complete, it is recommended to check the Compendium
Finally, an RPG let me make the weird D&D party of my dreams - PCGamer
These house rules and additions make Solasta seem even more like a campaign being run by an enthusiastic first-time Dungeon Master, which was always its vibe. It feels home-brewed and quirky, and I'm glad to be able to make a party of adventurers who feel just as quirky as the game around them. When I'm accepting a quest from a giant who demands we find a rock large enough that he can carve it into a seat and the camera cuts back to the surprised face of a dragonborn with wilted whiskers, I recognize D&D the way I play it with my friends.
Broken Roads December 2022 Art Round-Up - Website
We’re wrapping up a very eventful year for the studio as we gear down for the Christmas break. 2022 saw us secure a partnership with Versus Evil, grow our team, exhibit at gamescom and of course up the quality of the art in Broken Roads to levels we never imagined when we started off as a 2D, tile-based game back in 2019. For this blog we chatted to each of our artists, our level designer and our producer to get a feel for some of their highlights from the back half of the year.

Cygnus Enterprises Released on Early Access - Steam

Take charge of a derelict outpost on a faraway planet. Rebuild your base and manage your employees help it thrive. Battle fierce creatures and gather resources in a lush alien environment.
Metal Mutation Releases in February - Steam

In a not-so-distant future taken over by companies and technology, a Cyborg and an AI fight together to save mankind from nanoviruses. Play alone or as a team of 4 players in this Post-Cyberpunk Action Roguelike Dungeon Crawler!
A Horizon multiplayer game is on the way - Engadget
A VR spinoff and Horizon Forbidden West expansion won’t be the last we see of Guerrilla Games’ Horizon universe. The studio has at least two more games in the works for the PlayStation franchise, including a multiplayer title. Guerrilla made the announcement in a recruitment tweet. Along with working on more “epic solo adventures for Aloy,” the star of the first two games, the studio has set up a separate team to create an “online project set in Horizon’s universe.” It added that the latter will feature new characters and a “unique stylized look,” as well as the fact friends will be able to play together — which suggests there will be a focus on co-op.

Last edited:
Lies of P - Gameplay Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games

Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a dark Belle Époque world. Guide Pinocchio on his unrelenting journey to become human.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Siege of Shadowdale Module Released

20 years after the original release, author and game designer Luke Scull is delighted to present a remake of the classic Hall of Fame module Siege of Shadowdale for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition! This new version features rewritten and expanded dialogue, new quests, new areas to explore, and the addition of several henchmen, as well as a new world map and completely overhauled graphics.
World of Warcraft Chris Metzen Rejoins the Team - Blizzard
It is with great joy that I announce Chris Metzen has joined the Warcraft Leadership Team as Creative Advisor. Chris’s focus initially will be on World of Warcraft, then his work will expand to other projects across this growing franchise.

Chris was one of the original team members working on the Warcraft universe back when it began in 1994, and we are so happy to be reuniting him with the world he helped create.
Playing Final Fantasy 9 is The Perfect Antidote To Modern Gaming - TheGamer
Modern gaming’s obsession with visual fidelity and immersion is hindering its artistic expression, and going back to old games like 9 is bittersweet, because it’s gorgeous to experience it firsthand all these years later, but it’s also a reminder that this era of gaming is being put in the rearview mirror.
Forspoken’s Combat Shines Bright Against Middling Dialogue - Siliconera
Forspoken offers an interesting combat system, with a fairly decent method of traversal, and a vast open world that feels alive due to how populous enemies are. However, its narrative leaves me feeling unconvinced that Forspoken will leave a lasting impression on players, outside of general annoyances as the writing. It’s such a strange amalgamation of a game, and it feels like Square Enix’s attempt to create what Sony has with its more profitable Western IPs like Horizon Zero Dawn. Time will only tell if Forspoken will reach the same level of success, or if it will go the way of Marvel’s Avengers.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Duty Eternal DLC Review
In a world filled to the brim with terrible Warhammer 40K games, the last thing we need is terrible DLC that diminishes the handful of decent titles set in this marvelous universe. Normally, I wouldn’t mind it too much, but the game already had a bad – and frankly, predatory – DLC in the form of the Castellan Champion Upgrade Pack. Duty Eternal certainly brings a lot more to the table, which only serves to highlight how egregiously overpriced the first DLC is, but it’s only a small step in the right direction. If Complex Games really wants players to keep coming back to Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters, they need to do a lot better than Duty Eternal. This one feels more like Doody Eternal.

Wild West Dynasty to Release on Steam February 16th - Steam

Cowboys, Settlers & Gunslingers! Build your own ranch, grow it into a settlement and soon more settlers will join you in your quest for happiness and prosperity. Will you manage to build a ‘Wild West Dynasty’ or will you end up on the gallows?
SpellForce Conquest of Eo Shows the Necromancer - Steam

The Necromancer is a master of death and manipulation magic, creating undead units in his crypt in the depth of his mage’s tower. Due to his craft, the Necromancer is able to amass cheap, fearless, and resilient armies that can walk tirelessly and even traverse water (after all, they don't breathe anymore...). Thus, playing a Necromancer comes with the ability to generate larger numbers of troops, faster than any other type of mage.
Why is games development so expensive? - Gamedeveloper
It cost $174m to make Cyberpunk 2077. Normally development budgets are tightly guarded secrets, but in this case we know because CD Projekt Red published the total cost of the project in an official post-mortem following the game’s disastrous launch in 2020. Cyberpunk’s development was troubled by everything from unrealistic hype to overwork of development staff, but one thing that didn’t attract much attention was the huge cost of the project. Development budgets of upwards of $150m have become unremarkable for modern AAA games—and this actually greatly understates the total cost, which can easily reach twice that number once marketing is taken into account.

Risng Prices Make AAA Gaming A Gamble

Talking about the recent price increases for AAA titles to $70 and some of the ways I think it'll pan out.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Behind the Music

Experience the captivating soundtrack for Dying Light 2 Stay Human up close with Olivier Deriviere, the multi-award winning and BAFTA nominated composer! In these episodic videos, Olivier takes you through his creative process to reveal the intricate and powerful music that brings this highly anticipated game to life.
Square Enix was the surprise Steam Deck Champion - PCGamer
None of Square Enix's fall games lineup has touched the Steam Deck top charts that Valve publishes every month except for Tactics Ogre: Reborn, which snuck its way on near the bottom in November. And that doesn't shock me: none of them are quite as pick-up-and-play friendly as chart-topper Vampire Survivors, or as holy-shit-finally-it's-on-PC gratifying as November's #2, Persona 5 Royal.
Darkest Dungeon II: 2022 Wrap Up - Red Hook Studios
We recently passed an amazing milestone of 6 million copies of the original Darkest Dungeon sold. (It’s an astonishing 16 million copies including DLC.) This is a firm reminder to us of how widespread our wonderful community is, and why we have to make Darkest Dungeon II the very best it can be.

As many of you have suspected, we’re going to take a little more time to finish up the remaining additions and improvements to DDII. We are revising our PC 1.0 launch date to Q2 next year - a bit of breathing room will make for a much better game. We’re fortunate to have the resources we need to invest in this extra effort. We’ll provide an exact date in the new year.

First thing in January, we’ll be launching the new relationship system to the main branch on EGS! Future updates will bring exciting driving changes, playable heroes, and more. We’re excited to make Darkest Dungeon II a truly stand-out experience, and we want to thank our community for the great feedback and support throughout our ongoing early access road trip.
Wartales Co-op Update Available - Steam
Attention mercenaries!

The highly anticipated and much requested Wartales co-op update is available now!

Traverse the vast open world of Wartales with up to 4 players, lay out your tactics and devise a strategy before you face off with some of the many hostile inhabitants of this harsh world and defeat them side by side.

Work together to explore and unravel the mysteries of these strange, unwelcoming lands, while sharing your money, loot and resources before ending the day with a delicious meal sat around a roaring campfire alongside your loyal companions.

The Way of Wrath New Music Theme and Progress Update - Steam
We’re back with a new progress update! It has been an incredibly busy few months. A lot of new features and tech are coming together all at once. It was hard work getting it all sorted, almost like an adventure in itself! And it was all in service of a good goal, to realize the potential of our game and create for you an awesome and really fulfilling experience. It makes us very happy and thankful to have this chance.
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown Review - Gamebanshee
While its dungeon design and certain oversimplifications preclude Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown from reaching the same heights as the games it's clearly inspired by, some of its unique and fresh ideas make it more than worthy of a playthrough. And if the game's developer can build upon these ideas for the sequel, then that one may very well turn out great.
Legends of Ellaria Planned Quest and Story Updates - Steam
Hallo Elarians, We wanted to share with you some information about the upcoming quest updates. These updates will balance Legends of Ellaria and add more fun with less grinding. We're also going to change some quests and lore based on your feedbacks.

First, we're considering to remove some of Prisca's quests . This will allow you to progress on the Mage's path much faster. We're also going to add some extra rewards to Prisca's quests .

We're also going to set some of the bandit quests as optional , just in case you'd want to have a quick run to the next chapters. We're also considering to make Free Market quest as optional , since you can expand your kingdom without using a market.
The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project Next-Gen release in 2023 - DSO
Modder ‘Halk Hogan PL’ has announced that the first version of his HD Reworked Project for The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will release in Q2 2023.

Now while CD Projekt RED has included the latest version of this mod in the Next-Gen Update, the modder has not stopped working on it. Halk Hogan PL claimed that the list of changes and new improvements is really long. Moreover, the quality of assets is on a much higher level than you could experience in the last available version of HDRP .

What’s also cool here is that this upcoming version of HDRP will also work with The Witcher 3 V1.31/1.32. Thus, those that have not upgraded yet (due to the game’s awful optimization issues) will also be able to enjoy the new overhauled textures.
Lost Eidolons Upcoming New Game+ Mode - Steam
This means that finishing the game before that update did not create a record for New Game+ purposes. If you beat the game before updating to GM1.02, please be advised that you would need to fight the last battle and watch the ending again to enter New Game+. Tacticians who reached the end of the game after the GM1.02 patch are not affected.

We apologize that our most dedicated Tacticians who beat the game within the first month of release are affected by this. On launch day, we saw that many Tacticians enjoyed Lost Eidolons and wanted even more. This led us to plan NG+ right away, but it also meant we had to perform additional backend work. While we did our best to make haste, the earliest we could implement NG+ preparations was November 9th.

Games Gathering Interview Panels - Warning each video is one hour long

Baudelaire Welch is the lead designer for companion characters on Baldur's Gate III. Previously, they were working adding incontinent saints and murderous babies into Crusader Kings III as a Game Designer. Before that, they studied medieval fortresses, wrote interactive fiction, and devoted themselves to Lord Byron at Oxford University.
Krzysiek has worked for 6 years and is currently a professional at CD Projekt RED. From the beginning as a 3d rigger focused on face and body skeleton and animation. Also, he has experience in cinematics and commercials.
She will share the speech on how to build a city in a game, why urban planning is important for games, and how to move from a real city to a game city based on personal experience. Ania has been working in game dev since 2014, first as an Environment Concept Artist and then as a Level Artist.
Filip Pierściński is a Lead Cinematic Programmer at CD Projekt Red. Over his nine years at the studio, five of which include active work on cinematics and scenes, Filip has worked on both Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — and before joining the company, he also worked on Two Worlds II by Reality Pump.
He has over 20 years of professional experience revolving around servers, web applications, and the cloud. 3 years ago he joined CD Projekt RED to design architecture for online components of games.

Mortismal Gaming Alpha Protocol - Retrospective Review

Talking about the cult classic spy rpg from Obsidian, an interesting blend of unique ideas mixed with jank and bugs.
Dreamate Devlog What is New Arc Line?

Watch as we reveal details about the story and gameplay of our upcoming RPG, and meet the team working on New Arc Line!
Diablo IV December 2022 Developer Update Livestream

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie launches on July 7th - RPGSite

NIS America has announced that The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie will launch on July 7 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Gray Zone Released on Steam
Dark Envoy Update Character Editor - Steam
Creating and customizing your hero is essential to all RPGs. In Dark Envoy, you can choose the class, attributes, equipment and the appearance of each of your party members!

Last edited:
I Played 5 More Forgotten & Obscure Action RPGs/Action Adventures

0:05 Intro
1:57 Demonicon
7:40 Loki (2007)
12:25 Rise of the Argonauts
17:20 Bound by Flame
21:52 Enclave
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Digital Companion Released
The Companion includes a beautifully illustrated and voiced story journal, which explores the world of Calradia from a new perspective. Inspired by Marco Polo’s and Ibn Battuta’s travel books, it follows the journey of Asoios across Calradia, a scribe tasked by Istiana with travelling the lands and reporting his observations to her.
Hard West II An Overlooked Gem of 2022 - PCGamer
Westerns are a perfect match for turn-based tactics—the movies are full of outlaws getting shot in a gulch somewhere because they strayed too far from cover after rushing out from behind a ridge, and what's a high noon showdown if not a turn-based duel where high initiative wins? Hard West 2 took the western theme and found a set of mechanics that go together with it as smoothly as whiskey goes with bad decisions.
Guild Wars 2 2022 Studio Update - ArenaNet
Before we head out for our annual holiday break and bid farewell to 2022, we want to take a few moments to celebrate the past year and extend our heartfelt gratitude to you, our players, for making it all possible.

2022 was a fantastic year for Guild Wars 2, and it started off with a bang. On February 28, we released our third expansion, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons™, which brought a climactic end to the elder dragon saga (spoiler!). The team poured their heart and soul into bringing a reimagined Cantha to life, and in the end, we delivered an experience that we’re incredibly proud of.
Why Elden Ring is Game of the Year for 2022 - GamesRadar
A decade ago, FromSoftware changed the industry and started a revolution in game design when they took the lessons learned from Demon's Souls and made the iconic Dark Souls afterwards. Now, with Elden Ring, they've shown once more that it wasn't a fluke – and changed the industry again by taking everything they learned to the extreme. Elden Ring is such a high note to go out on, that if Miyazaki decided he was going to make light farming sims for the rest of his career, he could still be safe in the knowledge that he's left an untouchable legacy behind.
GamesIndustry.biz presents..The Year In Numbers 2022
2022 has been a busy year for GamesIndustry.biz (and continues to be so. Could the news slow down please? It's nearly Christmas). Brendan has already taken an in-depth look at the biggest stories of the past twelve months in This Year In Business, but it's time to look at good ol' statistics.

Yes, it's our annual Year In Numbers infographic in which we condense everything you need to know about where the global games industry stands into a single (but very long) JPG. In the graphs and tables below you'll find:
  • The global games market value (courtesy of Newzoo)
  • Total boxed vs digital revenues (also via Newzoo)
  • The biggest mobile games, publishers and countries, both by revenue and downloads (thank you, Sensor Tower)
  • The best-selling games in the UK (from GfK), US (from The NPD Group) and Japan (from Famitsu)
  • The most covered games and companies (provided by ICO)
  • The biggest influencers, most watched trailers, most tweeted/retweeted games, and the titles with the most retail placements (courtesy of Fancensus)
  • Plus, our own tallies of the highest and lowest rated games of the year, and the number of new releases vs new IP from the biggest publishers
So, without any further ado… The Year In Numbers 2022.

Last edited:
PCGamesN Weekly Article Roundup

The game biz article was cool but I also found the opening graphic a good statement on humanity.

The idea is that greed and fear are the two emotions that run the stock market, which is pretty hard to dispute. And yes, I do find it deeply concerning that we have built such a lynchpin of society that shapes absolutely everything we do exclusively on two of the most negative and harmful emotions available to us as human beings, thanks for asking.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    280.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom