Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
News Link Roundup

Last edited:
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Review Roundup

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Review Roundup #2

I never really got into Nioh. The more action and loot driven approach to Souls-likes leaves out a lot of what I like about the genre. A big reason why I enjoy From's output is the sense of mystery and discovery, and I got very little of that from Nioh. What I got from Nioh was 78 different nearly identical swords in my inventory and a lot of dying.

From what I can tell from reviews, Wo Long is a lot like Nioh.

Did not play any of the Niohs, but watched my son play and finish Nioh 2. All I saw was menus upon menus of gear/weapon/leveling up/powers .. etc., closed up areas, floaty movement of character, which are immediately off-putting for me. Also I noticed that whatever is the build, you still have to have fast reflexes to succeed. So no freedom of exploration and mystery, and defining your own playstyle and pace with the varying builds in the Souls games.

Wo long look the same as the other Niohs and the PC performance is abysmal (from the demo that I tried).

Not even close to the quality and performance of any of the Soul games nor Sekiro.

I’ve played the wo long demo through about 6 times so needless to say I like it. It’s not much like nioh or dark souls imo. It’s closest comparison would be sekiro but even then it has mechanics like morale which differentiate it.

Fortunately I haven't experienced the technical difficulties that many are talking about ion the web and I play with a controller so the poor M&K controls don’t affect me either. Although it is annoying that devs can’t seem to get that right. Especially considering M&K worked great in nioh 2. Every negative steam review I saw was either poor performance or K&M controls so hopefully the can patch it in short order.

Wo long doesn’t have the atmosphere or mystery of the souls games or the build options and combat options of nioh but it does have a fun combat system imo. And since I can play a game solely for combat I’m quite enjoying it and looking forward to diving in to the full game when I get home.

My mind always wants to read "how long ?" instead of "wo long ?".

In this Wo Long Review we’ll be taking a look at Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo’s latest Action Role Playing title, and tell you how it measures up against other Action RPGs like Sekiro and the Nioh franchise. How long is Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty? How is the story? How is the Build variety? In this Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Review, we’ll answer all those questions and more!
In this Like A Dragon: Ishin article, I’ll discuss the game’s different story beats and features to determine whether it’s the right one for you or not. Like A Dragon: Ishin is a remake of the same PlayStation game, which was only released in Japan back in 2014. This iteration not only includes visual upgrades but also character and Trooper Card changes. If you’re a huge fan of the Yakuza series or you’ve been wanting to get into Ishin to understand what makes it special, then this article is for you!
FromSoftware and Bandai Namco have revealed Elden Ring's first Expansion Shadow of the Erdtree is currently in development.

As usual here are the daily links.

Daily Link Roundup Once Again

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC has been announced but we have no details on what will be in it. We've collated all the most likely options from dataminers leaks and rumours.
See what critics are saying about OCTOPATH TRAVELER II - now available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC via STEAM. Will you strike out on a journey to recruit companions, face formidable foes in the dungeon depths, or simply enjoy the beauty of the world? Every road is yours to take.

Europa Universalis IV: Domination DLC Announced - Epic Games, GOG, Steam

Prepare to write new stories of the world’s greatest empires in Europa Universalis IV: Domination. More historical flavor will bring you closer to the past as you struggle to hold on to the reins of power. Wishlist today, and claim a seat in the grand theatre of history.
Crusader Kings III: Tours and Tournaments DLC Announced - Steam

Life is a journey of chivalric adventure, so why don’t you embrace yours, ruler? Create your very own epic story with the major expansion, Crusader Kings III: Tours & Tournaments. Be awed by the sights and events that await you, from bold, mock combat in the jousting area to adventuring perilous wilds with your royal entourage.

Let wanderlust overtake your ruler’s desires during a monumental Tour, and seek out your subjects in a realm that can be both dangerous and richly entertaining. Prove yourself in one of the many forms of gallant Tournaments, either abroad or at home, or use the festivities to murder a quarrelsome rival. Be the host of new Grand Activities, be it grand weddings or stirring falconry hunts. But beware! Many celebrations are the perfect cover for the perfect scheme against foes… or family.
Stellaris First Contact Releases Next Week - Paradox

You are not alone! The galaxy is vast and full of wonders, but it’s also full of alien empires you’re going to encounter, whether you’re ready or not. First Contact offers a set of new origins and mechanics that give players the chance to tell stories about their civilizations’ early encounters with visitors from the stars — ones that may not have come in peace!

Diablo IV Church Portrait Sweepstake - Blizzard announces, PC Gamer

Hatred has returned. And now is your chance to cast your light and become legend. Sign up below and reach max level with any class in the Diablo IV Open Beta to enter for a chance to have your face painted into a colossal Diablo fresco inside the walls of the La chapelle des Jesuites in France, and to be glorified amongst the hallowed heroes of Sanctuary forever.
The Lamplighters League Announced - Steam

Recruit a team of misfits with unique abilities and unforgettable personalities, and chase the Banished Court to the ends of the earth in a mix of real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and a character-driven story of adventure and intrigue.
Verses of Enchantment Announced - Steam

A magical card game where you duel wizards using AI generated poetry. Travel a rich world, meet fellow wizards, collect cards and build a deck that will inspire enchanting poetry!

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Review After 100%

Talking about my experiences with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty after doing all of the things!
We Ranked Every FromSoftware SoulsBorne DLC
With the new Elden Ring DLC, Shadow of the Erdtree, announced, we took it upon ourselves to rank every FromSoftware DLC from Dark Souls and Bloodborne from worst to best. Check out how our list ranks up and tell us in the comments what you think are the best SoulsBorne DLC.
Wo Long - 9 Essential Combat Tips to Survive It's Brutal Combat

Wo Long is not an easy game right out of the gate, and if you don't learn how to properly engage with its combat quickly, it will chew you up and spit you back out. Fortunately, there are tips that can get you off on the right foot straight away. Here are 9 essential combat tips to survive Wo Long's brutal difficulty.
Diablo 4 - Official Beta Trailer
Watch the beta live-action trailer for Diablo IV. Hatred has returned, and the battle against her darkness has been immortalized in a gothic mural of epic proportions on the ceiling of Chapelle de Jesuites in Cambrai, France.

The Lamplighters League - Gameplay First Look

Join Harebrained Schemes in this first look at the Lamplighters League, an original pulp adventure set in an alternate 1930s that mixes real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and managing a growing team of misfits. The Lamplighters League will launch for PC and Xbox Series X and S consoles in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom