• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
WitcherCon 1st Stream

WitcherCon 2nd Stream

Wild Hunt Retrospective - GOG
They say time flies when you’re having fun. It’s hard to believe that 6 years have passed since The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt released in May 2015. The WitcherCon that takes place on 9th July this year is a great opportunity to remind you of our talk with creators from CD PROJEKT RED about their experience in developing this unique and memorable game.

Excitement, longing, enthusiasm - we all felt them while waiting for the third part of the famous Witcher trilogy. Finishing it after 2 additional DLC’s and over 100 hours of gameplay left us with feelings of awe. Joining the famous witcher, Geralt of Rivia, on his search for Ciri, the Child of Destiny, has etched itself in our minds. Yet, it was also a very memorable experience for the game’s creators who spent almost 5 years of hard work developing it.
Witcher 3 Next-gen Update will Have New Free DLC - The Verge
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's free update optimizing the game for next-generation consoles, which is set to hit later this year, will include DLC inspired by the Netflix show, developer CD Projekt Red and Netflix announced at WitcherCon on Friday.

ELEX II Preview - WCCFTech
Eurojank is a term I've long used, and one that myself and Alessio still use, to describe the sort of games you tended to find coming out of Europe and still do. You know the sort of games, where the polish may not be perfect, some systems may follow their own new logic, and other aspects were close, but there was just something standing out from the US and JP counterparts. ELEX was one of those games, as was the Gothic series, The Witcher 1 & 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Mount & Blade, and so many more. ELEX II is now looking like it will continue that strong tradition.
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk Review - RPG Codex
And thus, we arrive at the conclusion where I presumably summarise my findings in this study of an obscure, French cRPG so that those of you too busy posting racist rants in GD can cut corners on your reading.

If you've read the review, however, you'll know precisely where I stand on Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. It is another game in a line of niche, hyper-focused RPG-ish experiences that skillfully explores the limited goals of its design; in this case, tactical combat with systems that flawlessly interlink choices that feel more oldschool with fundamental designs lifted from nu-XCOM.

If you like nu-XCOM you will almost certainly enjoy the fuck out of this game, but even if you don't, there's enough added layers of complexity here that you just might find it fun regardless. It does come with the caveat, however, that none of the game's systems have the breadth or variety of a "true RPG", and so purists might want to steer clear.

Dungeon of Naheulbeuk will never enter anyone's top 10 games of all time, but it does justify the time I ripped out of an otherwise busy calendar to finish it - something I can say about preciously few games nowadays. It certainly bodes well for the future of RPG-like games if the constant stream of quality, niche experiences continue like this in perpetuity.
Broken Roads - Progress Update
Hey everyone,We wanted to give a quick progress update on one of our favourite scenes from early in the Broken Roads adventure: Kokeby Waystation.

This trading hub brings together people from all the nearby settlements, as well as the odd scavenger or water merchant who wanders in from further afield. If you start the game as a member of a Barter Crew, you'll begin your origin story here, but all characters will be able to visit Kokeby at some time or another.

Fallout: New Vegas Star Wars mod is An Entirely New Game - Games Radar

A Fallout: New Vegas mod that creates an open-world Star Wars RPG is in the works from two ambitious modders, and the results thus far are pretty incredible. Check out the video below for a taste of what its creators are simply calling Star Wars Open Worlds, and read on below for more.
Fallout 4 The Wilderness Mod Packs A Horror-Themed Experience - Wccftech
Fallout fans rejoice – a brand-new Nuka-World-sized Fallout 4 worldspace mod has been released, The Wilderness mod.

Created by modder ‘El Ha’, “The Wilderness” mod for Fallout 4 adds a worldspace that is at least as large as the game’s sixth DLC, and comes with a horror-themed main quest spread around ruins, lakes, forests, and an abandoned town. According to the mod’s creator, this worldspace mod was mainly designed for Fallout players who love survival. As such, those looking for a bloodbath might be disappointed.

Mechajammer - Creating your character
In Mechajammer your first course of action will be to decide who you are and what skills you believe will help you survive Calitana.

Build your own backstory by selecting multiple answers such as how your birth was labeled via 'kits', occupations you held at an earlier stage in your life, side effects of jobs, and so forth.

Mechajammer allows you options of approaching situations using stealth or blasting your way through enemies. You need to determine which tactics will work best for your desired outcome. Your chosen stats and traits will play a role in whether the odds are on your side.

By placing dice in chosen slots you can select Virtues such as Perception, Pain Threshold, Grace, and more. Each Virtue offers bonuses, enhancing areas that will benefit your playstyle.
Greedfall: The De Vespe Conspiracy DLC Reviews

RPG Fan - Neutral
Given that The De Vespe Conspiracy is essentially a return to form, I don't really have too many flaws to note. At roughly four to six hours long, I managed to complete it and see the ending of the game again on the same day I downloaded it, so the expansion could be seen as too short, depending on your preference. Also, while the story offers quite a bit of insight into some of the characters and the lore, certain cast members who are mentioned quite prominently throughout the DLC remain conspicuously absent, Constantin being the most prominent. And like in the base game, there are some noticeable moments where the subtitles don't always quite match what is being spoken, though I found it easy to get past and correct it in my head. But that's about it when it comes to the negatives. Even playing the expansion on my base PS4, the DLC ran smoothly and without any noticeable glitches.
Gaming Trend - 50/100
The return to Teer Fradee largely disappoints in the De Vespe Conspiracy, although the PlayStation 5 upgrade works well. I wanted so much more in something called an expansion, even if the cost said I should temper my expectations. The De Vespe Conspiracy still tells an enjoyable tale, but the surrounding new enemies, empty location, and anticlimactic ending make for something akin to getting a dinner mint as a dessert rather than the chocolate melting cake.

Check Out: The Waylanders

Taking a look at The Waylanders, currently available in Early Access on Steam.
Judgement and Lost Judgement are not coming to PC - DSO
Even though the entire Yakuza series is available on PC, its spin-offs, Judgement and Lost Judgement, have not been announced for it. And, from the looks of it, these two games will not be coming at all on our platform.

Back in February, we assumed there was an exclusivity deal with Stadia. However, that doesn’t appear to be the case. According to a report from Nikkan Taishu, Takuya Kimura’s talent agency has forbidden SEGA from releasing these two games on PC.

Taishu states that Sega wanted to publish both Judgement and Lost Judgement on PC/Steam to further extend the series’ audience. However, Takuya Kimura’s talent agency refrained them from doing so due to their very strict portraiture rights policy.
Wildermyth Review Roundup

1. Eurogamer - No Score
  2. Rock Paper Shotgun - No Score
  3. COGconnected - 85/100
  4. Keen Gamer - 9/10
  5. The Indie Game Website - 9/10

Demon's Souls Remake: Remaking a PlayStation Classic Noclip Documentary

Featuring developers from Bluepoint Games and Japan Studio, we unravel the years of work that went into remaking Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 5.
Phoenix Point: Corrupted Horizons DLC & Behemoth Edition Announced - Steam

See all the extra content you get when you pick up Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition for Xbox and PlayStation on October 1. Behemoth Edition marks the console release of the popular 2019 turn-based strategy game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop.
Enjoy the short trailer teasing Phoenix Point's fourth DLC, Corrupted Horizons, coming to PC on October 1 and also included as part of Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition for Xbox and PlayStation the same day.
Why We're Worried About Dragon Age 4 - Looper
Over half a decade has passed since the last game in the series released, leaving fans hungry for the next installment. Though Electronic Arts and BioWare have confirmed the project, a lack of communication, company restructures, a decline in game quality, and troubling rumors have left many concerned about the fate of Dragon Age 4. Here's what you need to know about the situation at BioWare and the implications for the Dragon Age series.
King's Bounty 2 is a better tactical battler than it is an RPG - RPS
Still, beneath those issues there's a glimmer of something good here. While most of its character customisation options are textbook RPG stuff, like the Power branch of its Talent tree offering stat bonuses to mostly melee units, armour and giving you swingy-hitty stat boosts, I'm intrigued by some of the other routes on offer here. The Order branch of the Talent tree, for instance, seems to be based around reducing your Morale penalty, which would mean my humans and ghouls might actually get along further down the line.
Lost Eidolons - Thanks for playing the demo
Over the course of the festival, we saw an awesome amount of people try out the Lost Eidolons demo, and the number of people who wishlisted the game quadrupled.

We're floored! Moreover, the amount of in-depth feedback and critical analysis we received about what players had an opportunity to try out was incredible.

We've scoured feedback from sources everywhere including our Discord, Steam forums, external RPG forums, Twitter, YouTube, and more. We're looking over each of these feedbacks and are planning on creating a summary of your thoughts and our responses to share with you all in the upcoming week or two.
Jeff Vogel hints he's working on Queens Wish 2

screenshot_20210713-002906-317-png.20009

Last edited:
Bleak Faith: Forsaken Vertical Slice Gameplay

A brief unedited snippet of gameplay from the demo going out to backers soon. There are still improvements to be made all around, but this is a big milestone for us and our backers as we keep developing and polishing the game. This slice has been stripped of narrative content to ensure as few spoilers as possible. Thank you all for your support and patience, and stay tuned for more updates!
Weird West - Journey Trailer

The deeper you dig, the stranger it gets.

PC | Xbox One | PS4 | Fall 2021
Biomutant is Grade-A Eurojank - VentureBeat
Biomutant is prime Eurojank. And I love it. It's from Experiment 101, a small studio in Sweden. Its team includes folks who worked on Just Cause and Mad Max, two well-regarded projects in the industry. The studio started work on Biomutant in 2015, and it took a few years to get to May's release (Experiment 101 does have 20 employees).

I've been playing Biomutant off-and-on for almost a month now, with my kids watching as I do so. And I've had a blast with it. Yes, it does have some problems. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it.
Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha Learnings - Blizzard
Evil has survived. . . More than twenty years after the release of Diablo® II, fans and new players alike returned to the timeless classic in the DIABLO® II: RESURRECTED™ Technical Alpha. From the beginning, we’ve set out to make a game that would honor the legacy of the original. Whether you participated directly in the playtest, sent us valuable feedback, or watched the game during a livestream, your input has been greatly appreciated.

Following the April test, the Diablo II: Resurrected team continues to make significant progress towards getting the game into everyone’s hands. Today we’re thrilled to share what we learned from the Technical Alpha, leading to key visual improvements, quality of life and accessibility changes, and more. For now, let’s explore how your feedback is helping us return you to hell, like you’ve never seen it before.

Sovereign Syndicate is a Victorian Steampunk RPG inspired by Shadowrun - Website

Sovereign Syndicate is an isometric steampunk RPG inspired by games like Baldurs Gate, Disco Elysium and Divinity Original Sin. The game is currently in development by Crimson Herring Studios, a Canadian developer based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
@HiddenX @Silver @Redglyph;

Sovereign Syndicate is a Victorian Steampunk RPG inspired by Shadowrun - Website

@HiddenX @Silver @Redglyph;
Seems interesting, thanks! :)

At first I was afraid that would just be one guy making the game on top of a daily job, but apparently they're a small team of 10. I'll keep an eye on this, though they only started last year, that may still take a lot of time to get something.

I wonder if Crimson Herring has some ex-Bioware folks among their number.

As a relatively new studio working on our first project, we are drawing on our team's experience developing successful titles such as Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights by Bioware, The Long Dark by Hinterland Studios, and Eon Altar by Flying Helmet Games.
One of them, Chris Halina, worked on Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights, but in QA (testing). There seems to have mainly one developer with experience in game programming, then graphic designers, art, business app dev, … It's a curious mix ;) But that covers all the tasks of game production I suppose, and they spent some time gathering more info according to their blog.

(from here: https://www.crimsonherring.com/about/)

What is an "Eurojank" ???

What is an "Eurojank" ???
That's in an older post above. Just ignore them, they're jealous ;)
ELEX II Preview - WCCFTech
"Eurojank is a term I've long used, and one that myself and Alessio still use, to describe the sort of games you tended to find coming out of Europe and still do. You know the sort of games, where the polish may not be perfect, some systems may follow their own new logic, and other aspects were close, but there was just something standing out from the US and JP counterparts."

That's in an older post above. Just ignore them, they're jealous ;)
It's just a term that gaming journalist made up for games from Europe. Example any game from Piranha Bytes. At one point even Larian's games were called Eurojank.

Heck at one point CDPR's first two Witcher games were also labeled that term.

No one was jealous they just needed a term for low budget ambitious RPG games from Europe. The problem was no one could actually come up with a true definition.

Anyway that term has fallen to the curb and no one really uses it that much anymore. Mostly due to a lot of good games from Europe and Russia nowadays.

Times changed.:)

It's just a term that gaming journalist made up for games from Europe. Example any game from Piranha Bytes. At one point even Larian's games were called Eurojank.

Heck at one point CDPR's first two Witcher games were also labeled that term.

No one was jealous they just needed a term for low budget ambitious RPG games from Europe. The problem was no one could actually come up with a true definition.

Anyway that term has fallen to the curb and no one really uses it that much anymore. Mostly due to a lot of good games from Europe and Russia nowadays.

Times changed.:)
I was kidding, it didn't sound offensive. Just as if it were a bit alien and misunderstood though, that was funny :D

US culture has invaded and heavily influenced Europe, so the differences must be less obvious than before. But I'm pretty sure Larian is an interesting case, in the US you surely feel a difference in the way they see entertainment? Not only the games but also their shows, how they communicate.

I find it quite typical, but then I'm living in the same country, divided into 3 communities (Dutch, French and German), I had all the time to see and appreciate those little differences :)

Thanks, I understand now. The word "jank" sounds too much for me like "junk", though.

Lost Eidolons - Demo First Look

"Lost Eidolons is a strategy turn-based RPG set in a western fantasy world called Artemesia." Developed by indie studio Ocean Drive Studio and set to release sometime in Q4 of this year, we check out the #SteamNextFest demo here for you! Be sure to watch for the Pros vs. Cons.
Lost Eidolons - Demo Feedback & Release Timeline
It's been about 4 weeks since the Lost Eidolons demo was playable during Steam Next Fest last month. Since then we've been preparing plans to polish several areas of the game! Our team was excited and grateful for the quality and quantity of feedback we got from everyone.
Wartales - Demo First Look

From @ShiroGamesTV, the makers of Darksburg and Evoland comes a new open-world ARPG Wartales! Watch until the end for the Pros vs. Cons feedback! This #SteamNextFest demo was one I was looking forward to trying, did it measure up?!
Empire of Ember Blog #5: Empire of Ember's highlights

Our Dev Blog#5 is ready for you to watch, as it comes in video format! This week we wanted to give you an overview of the game's highlights so you can get a good grasp of what goes on in the world of Domus.

Last edited:
King's Bounty II Preview Roundup

WCCFTech
The world seems dense, not being open for the sake of being open, the story extensive and varied, and the combat being engagingly tactical. I've played the King's Bounty series a long time now, and this feels that it could be a genuine successor that expands the scope of the franchise.
PCGamesN
There is a lot to like about King's Bounty II on paper, but after a few hours with it some concern is creeping in. The commitment to bring a big open world adventure to the turn-based strategy games space is one they get right in form, but not always in function. The bread-and-butter combat is rewarding if you have the patience to weather its steep learning curve and are willing to work around some of its chokepoints, but it can be a devastating challenge for all but the most determined strategy gamers.
Gamereactor
I've found my time playing a preview of King's Bounty II generally enjoyable, but not without some recurring annoyances. I praise the game world's detail and the treat of unique areas wherever you go, either in the RPG part of the game or when doing a turn-based battle. Combat is challenging and there are plenty of different units, backed by a complex system of upgrades and unit classes. However, choices in the storyline feel limited and you're practically forced to complete side quests, as your army is too weak to continue the battles in the main storyline. Still, if you're into adventure and appreciate when a game's core elements are solidly worked out, King's Bounty II should be on your list of considerations.

Monomyth coming to Kickstarter on July 27th

MONOMYTH is an immersive, first-person dungeon crawling RPG in the vein of Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, and the King's Field series. Coming soon to Kickstarter! (including a Demo).
The Bloodline - Inspired by Mount and Blade and Skyrim

The Bloodline is a fantasy action RPG where you take the role of a descendant of the Harbinger.
Imprisoned Hyperion - RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis

Imprisoned hyperion is an imersive sim, first-person rpg. Explore the dark and dangerous dungeons of a world that has survived its end. Survive by finding safe resting places and cooking food. Help different creatures and learn the dark history of this world and your own.

Back
Top Bottom