Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Dev Diary #1 |

Today we offer the chance for a sneak peek into the development of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader! Delve into the grim darkness of the far future with Olga Kellner, our lead narrative designer, in this first ever dev diary for the upcoming game.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Enhanced Edition and New DLC - Steam

You have been asking us about the controller support for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, and now we have exciting news: it will become available on the 29th of September, when your version of the game upgrades to the Enhanced Edition. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will also be released on the consoles on the same date. The game will be available in both physical and digital formats for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S via backward compatibility); as well as Nintendo Switch via the Cloud.

The Enhanced Edition of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will become the standard version for the console release, and also will be available for all PC owners of the game on the 29th of September for free.

But that's not all. The Treasure of the Midnight Isles, our third premium DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, will launch on 11 August 2022. The islands scattered across the dark abyssal ocean hide treasures untold (and horrors unspeakable). Board the grim, cursed ship and venture into the unknown to find your fortune or your demise.
Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon Cinematic Trailer

Check out the latest cinematic trailer for Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon, the upcoming open-world first-person RPG based on the hugely popular board game. It is expected to be released into Early Access on Steam in Q4 2022.
Witcher 4 New Game Engine Interview - Gamepressure
By following the announcements of new, high-budget games, we increasingly often pay attention to what engine a given title will use. The fact becomes more and more relevant, and we can make an educated guess as what to expect from a given production just by learning what engine it uses. For example, EA's Frostbite seems to spell technical hitches, Bethesda's Creation means outdated graphics, Ubisoft's Snowdrop brings incredibly detailed cities, and Unreal 5 seems to be the engine to definitely thrust games into the new generation. The word "engine" has become exceptionally comfy in computing. But it has a broader meaning here than it does in terms of mechanical energy conversion.
System Shock Remastered Edition Update #87 - Kickstarter
Welcome back hackers, Mostly images for this update as we are getting ready for Gamescom! If you are in the area, please consider coming to see us at the Prime Matter booth.

Baldur's Gate 3 - Ultimate Bard Class Guide (Lore & Valour Build)

Pathfinder: WotR - Console Release, Enhanced Edition, & Third DLC

Talking about the recent announcement for the release dates of both the console/enhanced edition as well as the third DLC, Treasures of the Midnight Isles.
CDPR stock is worth a quarter of what it was before CP2077 released - PCGamer
A new report from Business Insider Poland paints a grim picture for CD Projekt: the company's value has cratered by over 75% since just before the launch of Cyberpunk 2077. A business that once boasted a market capitalisation of over 40 billion Polish złoty—briefly becoming the most valuable games company in Europe—is now worth less than zł10 billion.
BioWare Developer Story Pride Edition - BioWare
Welcome to a very special entry in our Developer Story series! While previous editions have featured a single subject, in the wake of Pride Month in June, we invited some of our LGBTQIA+ colleagues to talk about what the studio and its games mean to them as queer folks. So please allow us to introduce you to Technical Product manager Lina Anderson, Technical Animator Samantha Wald, Programmer Rachel Hammond, and Cinematic Designer Mikayla Stock, who were all kind enough to share their personal histories with us.
Ex-BioWare Writer Discusses Early Ideas for Mass Effect Trilogy Ending - Eurogamer
Former Mass Effect writer Drew Karpyshyn has discussed some of BioWare's early ideas of how it would wrap up the game's iconic sci-fi trilogy - and also some of the issues the developer still had to iron out.

Karpyshyn served as lead writer for Mass Effect 1 and 2, though left BioWare part-way through the second game's development.

Discussing the trilogy in a new reddit AMA, Karpyshyn said that when he was in the Mass Effect 2 writers room, BioWare had "some very ideas planned out".

Crown Wars: The Black Prince Announced - Steam
As the fighting rages in the Hundred Years' War, you are the head of a noble family seeking glory in this tactical turn-based strategy game.
Path of Exile Video Chris Wilson Interview
I sat down with Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games, the team behind Path of Exile, and talked about the new player experience, narrative versus mechanical design, how you respect a players time, and how you keep a game stable after 30+ expansions.

Thymesia - 9 Reasons Why It May Fulfill Your Desire​

The way Sony has handled the Bloodborne IP has been a great source of frustration for many. The FromSoftware-developed 2015 action RPG is widely considered to be one of the greatest games not only of its generation, but of all time, so obviously, a sequel remains in heavy demand. Those demands, however, have gone unheard for seven years- what's more, it doesn't even look like we'll get a remaster, or a PC port, or hell, even a 60 FPS patch.

Gwent Rogue Mage Review: Is it Worth It?​

Gwent: Rogue Mage Review – In this Gwent: Rogue Mage Review, we are going to examine the Roguelite Deckbuilding game that caught us by surprise a few days ago!

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin DLC Adds New Jobs - RPGSite

Square Enix has provided further addtional information about the first DLC expansion for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin. The new trailer provides a deeper look at the events depicted in its initial trailer at the end of June as Jack and his party discuss a mysterious deal with Bahamut, along with more footage of the visitors that Jack encounters at the very end of the story in the base game.

Soulframe Official Cinematic Reveal​

Digital Extremes proudly revealed an all-new IP, Soulframe, during #TennoCon 2022. This free-to-play open world adventure heavily influenced by themes of nature, restoration, and exploration.
Phoenix Point Hastur Update Incoming - Game Website
With this final update, we’ll be opening up Steam Workshop for the community to share their creations and make it easy for any player to enable and subscribe to player-made mods. As an added feature that’s part of our mod integration, each mod can be tweaked by players to finely tune the right balance for their intended game.

Steam Deck a successor to PlayStation Vita - DigitalTrends

t’s hard to imagine that Sony was a major player in the handheld console race less than 10 years ago. The console giant found success with the PSP in the 2000s and looked to push its advantage in 2012 with the PlayStation Vita. That didn’t quite go as planned.

George Ziets Interview - GameBanshee
We've been following the contributions that George Ziets has made to a variety of CPRGs and MMORPGs over the course of the last two decades here at GameBanshee, and now with the designer heading up his own RPG studio with Digimancy Entertainment, we felt it was a good time to catch up with George and conduct this four-page interview. Within the Q&A, we discuss the founding of his own studio, the key accomplishments of his career, his approach to storytelling, the importance of player choice and consequence, the makeup of a well-designed RPG, and more.
Conan Exiles: Age of Sorcery Battle Pass and Bazaar Overview - Funcom
In Age of Sorcery, we’re upgrading the way we release both free and paid content. We are committed to developing Conan Exiles for ages to come, and with our system of Ages and Battle Passes, we can craft more evenly paced free content updates with an easier way for all of you to support the game’s growth and receive exclusive cosmetics.
Stop putting crafting in games that don't need it - PCGamer
Crafting can be one of the most delicious parts of games, I won't deny it. There are games where acquiring the schematics for better guns or working out a combination of tat to create something useful is a wonderful experience. I love it when a game has an extensive crafting system like The Witcher 3 or Minecraft, but equally one of my pet peeves is finding an obsolete crafting system in a game that didn't need it.

Top-Down Action RPG Ashen Knights: Foreshadow Announced - Steam

Two heroes, two different genres: souls-like & hack’n’slash. They switch places and trigger a wild emotional storm making sure you never get bored of playing. Assay your strength and stamina as a defender of the Abyss-devoured world. Be merciless yet cautious in Ashen Knights: Foreshadow.
Marvel's Midnight Suns Iron Man Gameplay Showcase

Iron Man brings his devastating ranged arsenal and unmatched traversal against Lilith’s forces. Hang on to your repulsors. Go in-depth into his abilities, playstyle, and tactics with this gameplay showcase, featuring 2K Nextmaker and strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.
Soulstice - Battle with Sir Donovan Gameplay

Donovan, the Shadeless, is considered one of the strongest Chimeras alive. Using only his skill and strength, Donovan can slice his opponents clean in half with a single swing. Observing such a legend battling up close is a lucky sight...unless you're on the wrong end of the blade.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Update - BioWare
Hello SWTOR Community,As many of you know, Star Wars™: The Old Republic recently celebrated its 10-year anniversary this past December, which is an incredible milestone for a game. On the heels of that anniversary, we released our seventh expansion, Legacy of the Sith, in February. Our next content update for that expansion, Game Update 7.1, is slated to be released on August 2nd. This update will incorporate a host of new content and fixes, including:
  • New daily mission arcs for Republic and Imperial players on the planet Manaan.
  • A challenging new Operation for 8-player teams.
  • Improvements to our Weapons in Outfitter system.
  • Key revelations about Darth Malgus and the Sith lord whose relics he has been pursuing.
Path of Exile: Sentinel - Will It Become a Core Mechanic? - Games Website
With the Sentinel League ending soon, you may be wondering whether this mechanic becomes a part of Path of Exile's core game.

The answer is no, for now. The league would take some changes before it would be appropriate to become a core Path of Exile mechanic, and while this is something we're interested in looking into in the future, it's not the time now.

First Yakuza 8 Footage Appears Online - RPGSite

What appears to be the very first off-screen images of Yakuza 8, the sequel to Yakuza: Like a Dragon, have made their way online - thanks to the official YouTube channel of a Japanese mixed martial arts fighter.

The Tarnishing of Juxtia launches on July 26 for PC - Steam

The Tarnishing of Juxtia combines atmospheric pixel art and a hauntingly beautiful score with challenging 2D skirmishes. Playing as the final creation of the Goddess Juxtia – and choosing from a staggering variety of weapons, armor sets and abilities – you’re tasked with defeating the Shadow God Drelium of Crescentpeak … a mysterious, alien realm filled with strange machinery and occult magic.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero New Gameplay Trailer

The SSS team is full of fighting potential! Get a firsthand look at the unique battle mechanics of your crime fighting team! Coming September 27, 2022!
NIS America Spotlight Trailer for Fallen Legion Revenants - Steam

Your choices will decide the fates of many! Manipulate the castle above and lead heroes into battle in the world below in this real-time action RPG!

Diablo: Immortal Class Change and New Features Update - Blizzard
Since our last encounter, many of you have come face-to-face with icy death against Vitaath, acquired blessings from the Hungering Moon, and kept Sanctuary’s denizens safe as a result of your valor.
Gloomhaven Mercenary Challenges DLC Announced - Steam
The Solo Scenarios: Mercenary Challenges DLC is the digital adaptation of the Solo Scenarios board game expansion for Gloomhaven, the critically acclaimed Tactical RPG.
Medieval Dynasty Calender 2023 Contest Winners - Steam
The time has come! We have chosen and put together a stunning selection of your masterpieces. A big thank you to all the participants and a huge praise for your artwork. We've seen a lot of screenshots, but the selection and quantity you've sent us are truly beautiful paintings.
Corven Path of Redemption Development Update - Kickstarter
This has been the most frustrating time in development so far. I guess it can't always go smooth :)

First of all I got stuck on a problem scripting a cutscene. It took me a good while to figure it out and it almost drove me crazy. I learned a lot fixing it but the disadvantages of being a mini team come to light in situations like this. In a big team if someone gets stuck doing their job many others can work on other things at the same time, not so much in our case.

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 New Gameplay for fan-made Sequel - PCGamesN

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 come together in new gameplay footage for upcoming fan-made mod sequel Fallout: Appalachia – one to watch alongside Fallout: London
Does Anyone Else Wish That JRPGs Were A Bit Shorter? - TheGamer
JRPGs are proper massive aren’t they? I still haven’t finished Persona 5 because it’s 50 hours too long and seems obsessed with taking its time at every turn. Royal improved upon a lot of this needless busywork, but it remains incredibly lengthy and requires a serious time investment to see the whole thing through. Yakuza, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles are the same, all pastimes you need to dedicate weeks to if you have any hope of seeing them through to the end. I just don’t have the time anymore and it bums me out.
Nazralath: The Fallen World officially running on Unreal Engine 5 - Steam
The times shift and our corporeal form expands - we must cast aside the old shell to molt into a new being. "What the hell does that mean", I hear you ask? Well, in the recent period we've been hard at work, and we are pleased to announce that Nazralath: The Fallen World is now officially running on Unreal Engine 5.

The engine upgrade gives us a lot of fancy new tools to play with, and will go a long way in helping us bring to life the surreal worlds we have in store for you. We'll be sharing some juicy technical details for all you geeks out there in upcoming devlogs.

Mortismal Gaming as usual posted a few more videos.

Talking a bit about diving into the world of warhammer 40k lore and a few video games ahead of the release of WH40k: Rogue Trader from Owlcat Games.
Five More Games With Unsatisfying Endings

Talking about a few more games with endings that left me feeling disappointed
My Top 5 Favorite DLC Expansions

Talking about five of my favorite dlc expansions to some already great games!

Yeah it's about the same answer we always get after the disaster at Hardsuit Labs.

I once thought it would be Harebrained Schemes. As they rented out half of their staff for the games development. There was also an image leak from the canceled version.

Images From Cancelled Bloodlines II Leaked - Exputer

Last edited:
The Persuasion Pie In Oblivion Was Truly Special - DualShockers
There’s a very good reason that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion remains one of the most enduring, most memeable, and most YouTubeable (yep, definitely a real word) games in the world. It may have come out 16 years ago and the visuals on the bulbous faces of its NPCs may have aged as well as that creepy moon face from George Melies’ 1902 movie A Trip to the Moon, but it also has qualities that give it a weirdly timeless appeal.
Starfield might be the No Man's Sky I always wanted - Techradar
100 systems. Around 1,000 planets. The numbers orbiting Starfield fill many with dread. Most Bethesda fans don’t wish for a return to the Daggerfall mode of endless identikit landscapes, full of identikit towns, faces, and activities. Those expecting Skyrim in Space might be concerned at the prospect of another No Man’s Sky or Elite Dangerous – games which have certainly found their niche, but expect a lot of leeway in regard to the limitations of procedural generation.
Longest time period you’ve ever subbed to a single MMO? - MassivelyOp
I suspect for me it’s EverQuest; that would’ve been something like 2.5 years, and while I took breaks, I don’t think I stopped subbing until I was done and moving on to Dark Age of Camelot. I have a lot of MMOs that lasted a year or two for sure, and several more like World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, and Star Wars Galaxies, to which I’ve subbed repeatedly for far longer – but not all in a row. Lately, of course, it’s been Lord of the Rings Online collecting my sub money, but it’s got a long way to go to dethrone the original crop of MMOs.

Co-op Skyrim is real and works almost exactly how I hoped - PCGamer
It's been a few years since I played through Skyrim's early hours and it was fun getting to revisit it with my partner, who's thus far managed to never, ever play it. Skyrim Together really isn't the ideal first experience with The Elder Scrolls 5 though. I wouldn't recommend it as an introduction to anyone who isn't my legally bound co-op guinea pig.

But for Skyrim vets who want to have a laugh with pals? It's great. So long as you're willing to shrug off occasional AI hiccups, naked NPCs, and invisible bandits. This isn't an immersion-enhancing Skyrim experience. But it does what it says on the tin better than I'd expected without being a pain in the ass to set up—at least, no more of a pain in the ass than Skyrim modding has always been.
Baldur's Gate 3 Is Going To Destroy My Relationship - TheGamer
When you’re in a relationship with a picky gamer, finding a new game to play together can be a chore. I’ve come to expect complaints about art styles, the disdain for turn-based combat, or the nebulous “nah, just not feeling it” whenever I proffer the Steam page for whatever new title I think would be fun to explore together. I didn’t even bother suggesting Baldur’s Gate 3.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I heard tell-tale ‘oohs’ as my partner noticed the gorgeous graphics and the snappy dialogue. A few questions later (“What’s the combat like? Is it early access? Can you be gay in it?”) and he’s buying himself a copy and we’re figuring out how to set up a co-op campaign. I said a temporary goodbye to my single-player playthrough and created a new character, ready to explore a world I’d loved for over 20 years alongside a man who’d never even heard the word ‘Faerûn’ before.
Is there a "Fake Tanking" Problem in the Elder Scrolls Online? - ESOHub
The issue of "fake tanking" (queuing for a random dungeon as a tank, while actually being a DPS character) is one that's been argued about in the ESO community for a long time now. Some players do this a lot to try to speed up their dungeon run, while others do not like fake tanking because they see it as being selfish and detrimental to the enjoyment of the dungeon for the other players. This article is not intended to take sides on the matter, it is simply an overview of the problem and the potential solutions to it.
Final Fantasy X, X-2 Sales Top 20.8 Million - RPGFan
Gematsu has reported that total shipments and digital sales for Final Fantasy X and X-2, including all rereleases, have surpassed 20.8 million units as of September 2021. In 2013, Square Enix had shared that the games sold 14 million units, so the subsequently released X/X-2 HD Remaster presumably makes up most of the 6.8 million remainder. Let’s celebrate with a round of “Otherworld”!
Phantom Brigade Update 20 Preview - Brace Yourself Games
Hey there, Brigadiers! In our previous update we mentioned that, in order to allow our team to focus on bigger and better updates as we gear up for launch, Phantom Brigade would be shifting from monthly update patches to a more irregular update cadence going forward.

So while we don’t have anything new for you to get your hands on today, we can give you a behind the scenes look at what August’s update has in store! Let’s dive in.
Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms Let's talk about lore! - Steam
A crazy busy week started yesterday for the team, because of GamesCom. The event is on its way end of August, and we decided to go back to Germany, after our last appearance in 2019. We’ll be attending the event to meet all the people in touch with us to know more about our future plans for Alaloth. It will be a good moment to meet press and creators as well and we are cooking something cool for them.
We are going to say more about GamesCom in future updates, but we want to focus on something else right now.

Circus Electrique Announce Date Trailer

Circus Electrique is part story-driven RPG, part tactics, part circus management, and completely enthralling – all with a steampunk twist. When everyday Londoners mysteriously turn into vicious killers, it’s up to the circus’ lineup of Strongmen, Fire Blowers, Clowns, and other performers to save the city in tactical turn-based 4v4 battles. With 15 playable classes in total, each with their own eccentric skill-sets, you’ll need to carefully assemble your motley crew in order to save the city.
Phoenix Point: Complete Edition Available - Snapshot Games

Phoenix Point: Complete Edition, the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, is now assembled into the ultimate collection, including all DLCs, content updates, and more. Now including Steam Workshop mod support!
Dread Delusion Dev Diaries: James Wragg #05 - Steam

In his 5th Dreadful Dev Diary, lead developer James Wragg talks about Dread Delusion after launching in early access and what's to come.

Baldur's Gate III Hotfix #26 Now Live - Steam
We’ve got a new hotfix for you today, taking care of multiple crashes, bugs, and issues. Sometimes, corpses get nostalgic for those halcyon days of being less corpse-y. When this happens, they tend to stand bolt upright in an act of what can only be described as undead defiance. We’ve told them to act their age (dead being their age), hopefully leading to fewer weird ‘Didn’t I kill you already?’ moments.
Darkest Dungeon II: Trinkets and Baubles Update - Red Hook Studios
With the Shroud finally hatched and grown, we were at last able to turn a watchful eye to that class of item that often makes or breaks an expedition: trinkets!
Wartales Community Update #4 - Steam
We’re very proud to release to you all the fourth community update for Wartales!

This update is built primarily around some of the most popular community requests we've been receiving, addresses and implements a number of issues and suggestions we've seen over the last few months and massively changes multiple aspects of the game!

In addition, following a very successful beta period, the much requested
Chinese localisation is now live! So... let's take a look at what's new!

Back
Top Bottom