Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
And then mere seconds after typing "1000 planets" they're talking about there being millions of them.
I guess they think that each of the 100 systems will have 1000 planets, so they multiplied it. And as this seems to be a huge scary number, it must be "millions". ;)

I guess they think that each of the 100 systems will have 1000 planets, so they multiplied it. And as this seems to be a huge scary number, it must be "millions". ;)
as goofy as that line of logic is, I think you're right. You'd thinking growing up in a solar system with 8 (or 9, if you're a Pluto diehard) planets would make 1,000 give them pause, but apparently not. ;)

Talking about Starfield, I watched a bit of the Lex Friedman's video with Todd Howard (also in a post on the previous page). It starts a bit slow but there are a few interesting bits and parts of the story that I didn't know. (check the timestamps).

I found him a little more natural and open than in other videos, maybe it's just an impression.

Atomic Heart: Our Questions Answered - IGN First

We spoke to Atomic Heart's director and learned plenty of exciting new details. From answering our questions about the open world, and how big it is, to how Mundfish balanced between combat, story, puzzles, and more.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Customization Guide

Work it, Hunter! It’s time to SLAY! Whether you’re slaying demons or SLAYING it on the runway, we’ve got what you need to customize your Hunter accordingly. Strategize your wardrobe with these tips from strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.
Tim Cain on Fallout, Bloodlines and His Ups & Downs

Raphael Colantonio and Peter Salnikov talk to programmer and game designer Tim Cain, co-creator of Fallout, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Outer Worlds and other cult classic RPGs.
Wartales - Open World Sandbox Medieval Mercenary Strategy RPG

Wartales gameplay with Splat! Let's Play Wartales and check in on a game that I feel is developing nicely. Build up a mercenary company, craft, fight, and make your mark in a dark gritty world.

Exoplanet: First Contact MAJOR UPDATE 0.70 - Steam
The Major Update 0.70 is already here and we’re waiting impatiently for your reviews. This is the biggest update in the entire history of the game, we have added a lot of absolutely different content, that’s why your feedback will be extremely useful. Don’t hesitate to inform us about bugs, we’ll try to fix them as fast as we can. Y

We have already told you a lot about some big changes in separate articles (you can find all the links below), but there are more of them. That’s why we’ll gladly tell you about everything you can see in the new version of the game. Are you ready?
Diablo IV at the Game Awards , Possible June Release? - Wccftech
Eager for some fresh information about Diablo IV? Well, it seems you should be marking The Game Awards on your calendar. According to reliable insider Tom Henderson, Diablo IV will have a presence at Geoff Keighley’s annual extravaganza, with information on the game’s open beta and possibly even a release date/window being revealed. Jez Corden, who has previously leaked details about Diablo IV, claims the open beta date, pre-orders, and collector’s edition details are the most likely thing we’ll learn.
Larian Studios titles up to 90% off! - GOG
I'll yield to none! You know them and you love them - rightfully so, because the brilliant Larian Studios has been making critically acclaimed RPGs since 1996 and their more recent titles like Divinity: Original Sin 2 managed to conquer the hearts of players all over the world. To celebrate Larian Studios’ heart and passion poured into the industry, for the next month (until January 2nd, 2023, 11 PM UTC) their masterpieces will be discounted up to 90% off!
Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Alpha News

Last edited:
Skyrim get DLC-sized mod inspired by Mass Effect and Dragon Age - Nexus

Warden of the Coast is a fully-voiced DLC-sized adventure heavily inspired by the game mechanics of Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Travel to an isolated island, earn the loyalty of your 9 companions, stop a daedric lord from returning to power, and close shut the jaws of Oblivion once more!
Campfire Cabal Frequently Asked Questions - Website
A lot of developers try to be honest and direct, but it is not always easy. For starters, getting misunderstood can be worse than not saying anything at all, and misunderstandings can spread like wildfire on the internet.

There’s the business side of the equation too. We need to be careful about every single word we utter, conscious of the fact that we are never “off the record”. In game development things are always in motion and ever changing. You do not want to end up promising something only to ultimately not deliver.

And then there’s the marketing side of things. You announce something too early and when the time comes no one will remember it. Yet announce something too late and no one will hear it…

Campfire Cabal is built on a foundation of honesty. We know there’s a lot of uncertainty and even misinformation regarding our fledgling cabal, its past and its future. So let us directly answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
Fort Triumph and RPG in a Box free at Epic Games Store - Gamefreaks
Starting today, Fort Triumph and RPG in a Box are free at Epic Games Store. The free game offers run until December 8 at 11 AM Eastern. Once you claim them, they’re yours to keep.
5 Best JRPGs Open-World Design to Sink Hours In - Gamesurve
RPGs, or Japanese role-playing video games. The open-world aspect of contemporary JRPGs is incredibly uncommon. Every brand-new AAA title ends up being open-world in some way, rarely making the most of the scope and gameplay options it offers.

Old JRPGs are some of the forerunners of the open world, giving you a complete map to roam over, but after games switched to 3D, that endeavor got much more difficult.
Design lessons from the making of Marvel's Midnight Suns - Gamedeveloper
Marvel's Midnight Suns might be one of the most intriguing games from Firaxis since it rebooted the XCOM series with 2014's XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It's a turn-based role-playing tactics game featuring a deep roster of Marvel Comics characters.

That sounds like a win on paper, but from the second the game was revealed, there were surprising twists at play. First, the name Midnight Suns refers to a very niche corner of Marvel Comics history called "The Midnight Sons." It's a fantasy-themed branding that's much more "dark urban magic" than "alien invasion" or "the rise of civilization."

Slapping the superhero name on a game doesn't always deliver financial success, and choosing a very niche theme to work with comes with some surprising risks.

Marvel's Midnight Suns - Official Accolades Trailer

Rise Up! It’s time to experience “one of the best super hero games full stop” as praised by Rock Paper Shotgun. See what the critics are saying about Marvel’s Midnight Suns! And then launch your epic Marvel adventure TODAY!
Marvel’s Midnight Suns 17 Things To Do In The Abbey

Spar with Ghost Rider. Craft with Doctor Strange. Chill with Blade. So many possibilities! Learn 17 things you do in The Abbey with this helpful guide from strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.
Witcher 3 Next-Gen Graphic Updates - DSO
A few days ago, CD Projekt RED detailed the Ray Tracing effects for The Witcher 3 Next-Gen. According to the team, The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will have Ray Tracing for Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion. However, NVIDIA is also stating that the PC version will also have Ray Tracing for both Reflections and Shadows.
Witcher remake won't be out until after Witcher 4 - PCGamer
CD Projekt announced in October that The Witcher, the studio's first game, will be getting a full remake. Fans eager to see how Geralt's videogame adventures got started will have to be more patient than they likely expected, though, as the studio said in its recent financial results Q&A that the remake won't be out until sometime after the launch of The Witcher 4.
Skald RPG Devlog - Project Update: Have Some Class (December 2022)
Greetings all! It’s update time! I try to get one update out per month and this one was slated for November but the weeks are just flying by. You’ll have to forgive me and rest assured the time not spent writing this was well spent elsewhere!

Not surprising to me as another report claimed over 300+ people will be working on Witcher 4. It should give CDPR the needed experience with Unreal 5 for future games.

For me personally it's good news because I couldn't care less about remakes. I'd rather have them concentrating on a new game first. There hasn't been a Witcher game since 2015.
The remake is being developed by a different studio anyway, Fool's Theory, and in parallel with Witcher 4. The CDPR guy in the linked article says that the remake's final release would be after W4 because it's dependent on certain "technologies" (engine stuff I suppose?) being developed for Witcher 4. Doesn't seem to be much of an issue of concentration.

Hmm I watched the Midnight Suns video and there seems to be a whole lot more to the game then just combat. I am very intrigued now to the point I think I want to get it!

Hmm I watched the Midnight Suns video and there seems to be a whole lot more to the game then just combat. I am very intrigued now to the point I think I want to get it!
Hm, but why didn't they just show so much more than combat ?
Did they fear that non-combat content would drive away players ?

For me personally it's good news because I couldn't care less about remakes. I'd rather have them concentrating on a new game first. There hasn't been a Witcher game since 2015.
Like Stingray said, it's not being developed by CDPR. I'm sure they'll be involved in some way, but I doubt the production of the remake would slow the development of TW4 in any way.

Considering how long CDPR takes to make new games, I think it's disappointing news. The remake could have been a nice stop-gap between games.

Clubs, hangouts, havens, compliments, regular old conversations, crafting items, training, helping heroes with questions, finding journal pages, solving other (simple) puzzles, opening chests... that's off the top of my head and not an exhaustive list, but yeah, you do a LOT of stuff outside of combat missions.

Clubs, hangouts, havens, compliments, regular old conversations, crafting items, training, helping heroes with questions, finding journal pages, solving other (simple) puzzles, opening chests... that's off the top of my head and not an exhaustive list, but yeah, you do a LOT of stuff outside of combat missions.
Great to read this. This game is a bit out of my usual comfort zone so hoping it will be enjoyable ;)

Fextralife Top RPG News of Dec 04, 2022

Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate: Duty Eternal DLC, Fire Emblem Engage Gameplay, The Witcher Remake, Assassin's Creed Valhalla The Last Chapter DLC, Final Fantasy XVI Special Game Awards Coverage, Genshin Impact Update 3.3 Genius Invocation TCG, Monster Hunter Rise Coming to PS4/PS5 and Starfield Survival Mode Maybe Possible on this week of Top RPG News December 04, 2022
Marvel's Midnight Suns - First Impressions

Talking about my initial impressions on Marvel's Midnight Suns as I move to review the title!

BioWare Who is The Dread Wolf?

This work in progress cinematic from Dragon Age: Dreadwolf tells the story of Solas. Narrated by the dwarf Varric Tethras.
Fahrenheit 213 announces side-scrolling ARPG TSURUGIHIME - Gematsu
A side-scrolling action RPG in a beautiful 3D world. The last battle is in 100 days. How you reach it, depends on the player. “Craft” everything and beat the game how you want to. Slash through the army of enemies with countless swords in this action battle game. A wide variety and depth of customization: main character, sword, base, Imouto (sister), and much more. Multiple endings that change depending on how you spend your 100 days.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Review - Gamebanshee
If I were to sum up this whole review in one word, it would be "disappointed." You can play the Hercules gif/video yourself.

At the end of the day, this is still Mount & Blade. It's still very fun to ride around the map, get into fights and gradually paint the map green. But with how ambitious Bannerlord looked at the start and how long it took for it to get here, I expected more.
BioSynth: Rising - Update: Big Rework
It has been a while since we last published the last update about BioSynth. I want to apologize for this and for the delay in publishing the demo.

And I want to explain what’s going on behind the scene.

I’ve had some “life issues” which slowed the project a little – nothing big, but this delayed the progresses by a couple of weeks.

Other than this, we recently started reworking on a level: the slums where you end up at the beginning of the game.

Back
Top Bottom