• No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
The Game Awards 2022 Trailers #1

The Game Awards 2022 Trailers #2

The Game Awards 2022 Trailers #3

Last edited:
Roundup of RPGSite articles from today. ^^

Fextralife's Elden Ring Patch 1.08 FREE COLOSSEUM DLC Videos.

More Game Awards 2022 Videos

DSO News Article Roundup

JFTC Indie Game Devlog 16 - Polar Region

In this Indie Game Devlog video for Journey for the Crown I go over some new updates such as new scenes, companions quitting, permadeath and more.
Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum - Official Trailer

Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum is available now on PC, and will be available on consoles on December 14, 2022. Watch the trailer to see what to expect with the free The Forbidden Sanctum update, featuring a new Challenge League, improvements to Path of Exile's endgame, new skills, and more. The expansion also introduces the Ruthless mode, an optional new way to play Path of Exile with extreme item scarcity.
17 Minutes of Forspoken PS5 Demo Gameplay

The Forspoken PS5 Demo is available now and allows you to explore the world of Athia. We take on the "hidden" boss, and explore the new area of Forspoken, all captured at 4K 60FPS.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Cal Kestis Actor on the Evolution of his Character

The Star Wars Jedi: Survivor actor who plays Cal Kestis, aka Cameron Monaghan, discusses the future of the Jedi in this franchise, any hope his character has for the future, and what we can expect from his adventures with BD-1.
Interview with KEIZO creator of Astlibra Revision - RPGSite
Astlibra Revision released on Steam quietly back in October, but positive word-of-mouth has gradually made its presence bigger and bigger since its launch. It has maintained an Overwhelmingly Positive user review rating on Steam throughout over 5,300 reviews at the time of writing, which has been an undeniable factor in catching the attention of those that have come across it because achieving that feat is no easy task whatsoever.
Here Are the RPGs That Won at The Game Awards 2022 - RPGFan
The Game Awards 2022 has passed and it did not disappoint with the reveals (Hades II! Final Fantasy XVI release date!). Even outside of our coverage, I’m pretty excited about the likes of Death Stranding 2 and Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon. It’s alarmingly easy to forget that The Game Awards 2022 has, well, awards, but a lot of trophies were handed out last night. Here’s a list of all of the RPGs (or games that we cover) that bagged gold.

Ash of Gods: The Way TurnBased Fest Demo - Steam

Ash of Gods: The Way is a story-driven game with tactical card combat and multiple possible endings. The rules and objectives can shift with every battle - even the shapes and sizes of the battlefields themselves are often changing. Players are forced to adapt their strategy and switch up their decks often in order to keep coming out on top. The game’s original two-deck gameplay, unique scripts and diverse array of locations make sure to keep the stakes high, challenging players to approach every fight from a fresh perspective. In the end, will they manage to make the right choices and prevent a war that will devastate their home and the entire Berkana Kingdom?
2022 Game Awards Announcement Highlights

Summarizing the highlights of the announcements made at the 2022 Game Awards
Diablo IV developers work long hours for impending release - WashingtonPost
Activision Blizzard employees developing the upcoming dark fantasy action role-playing game “Diablo IV” say it will be hard to meet a June 6, 2023, release date without working significant overtime, in a process they say has been plagued by mismanagement. The release date, which has not been announced publicly, comes in the same month that Microsoft’s proposed $68.7 billion acquisition is set to close. The company is incentivizing employees to “crunch,” an industry term referring to working late evenings and weekends outside of regular work hours, by promising them perks some workers say are paltry.
The big Diablo 4 Interview - Eurogamer
Earlier this week, I had the chance to play the beginning of Diablo 4, and I put around 10 hours into it. I came away very impressed. To be clear, there's a lot I didn't see - the whole shared world vision for the game wasn't particularly apparent because there weren't a lot of people playing it. But what I did see, I liked. There's more depth to this Diablo, and more space and freedom in it, than I think I've ever seen in a Diablo game. And the world it presents feels tangible and solid, like a real thing, with characters you will come to know and perhaps even care about. In short, it feels like a generational leap forwards for Diablo, as it should.

Last edited:
GameDeveloper Articles This Week

PCGamesN Article Roundup

Steampunk SRPG Shardpunk: Verminfall PC Demo Steam

The war is lost, the Capital lies in ruins, and you’re on the run! Shardpunk: Verminfall mixes turn-based tactical strategy with RPG, survival, and resource management as you gather your team, scavenge for resources, fight enemy hordes, and seek shelter to live another day.
Forspoken Demo Gets A Seriously Mixed Response - GamesRadar
You might want to just check out the demo and prepare your own opinion at this point. Personally, I'm not seeing the complaints about the visuals and performance, but the few minutes I've had to play haven't been nearly enough to come to terms with the combat system - though some players have managed to wring some pretty impressive action out of it already.
Elden Ring Has "Several More Things" Incoming - MP1st
“As for Elden Ring, we still have several more things we want to do, so getting this GOTY Award really, really encourages us,” said the director. The game just received its free Colosseum update a few days ago, and with more plans for Elden Ring in the future, it looks like the game still has quite a few updates to go, and perhaps this could pertain to a full-fledged DLC drop?

Elden Ring GOTY, Diablo 4 Release Date, BG3 Full Launch - Top RPG News

The Game Awards EDITION - Elden Ring Wins Game of the Year, Diablo 4 Release Date Announced, Baldur's Gate 3 Full Launch 2023, Remnant 2 Remnant From the Ashes Sequel, Final Fantasy 16 Release Date Announced, Banishers Ghost of New Eden,Lord of the Fallen Teased, Wayfinder Action RPG, Forspoken Demo on this week of Top RPG News December 09, 2022
Marvel's Midnight Suns - Review After 100%

Talking about my experiences with Marvel's Midnight Suns.
This Upcoming Action RPG Looks Very Familiar...

Forspoken Interview Roundup

Forspoken Preview Roundup

Marvel’s Midnight Suns: Every Playable Character

From familiar faces to lesser known names, tactical RPG Marvel’s Midnight Suns lets you compose the ultimate superhero squad, with you at the centre. Discover more about your character, The Hunter, as well as their assembled allies as they take on a deadly supernatural enemy. Sponsored by 2K.
Matt Chat Rusel DeMaria Interview

Rusel DeMaria's amazing career spans over 40 years and includes such milestones as creating and editing the famous Prima Strategy Guides. His name was a frequent site in gaming mags of the 80s and 90s, and his books High Score! and The Game of X deserve their place on any serious game aficionado's bookshelf. Finally, his work on LucasFilm Games' manuals for TIE Fighter was so great they asked him to write novellas! As if all this wasn't enough, he's also a noted musician, Tai-Chi expert, and has personally met a huge number of Hollywood celebrities like Walt Disney and Shirley Templ
Dark Fantasy TRPG Redemption Reapers on PC February 2023 - ThEgg

Redemption Reapers is being brought to life by industry luminaries, including tactical RPG veteran Masayuki Horikawa (Fire Emblem series director and scenario/level designer; Kingdom Hearts III planning), as well as a star-studded voice cast featuring Kyle McCarley (13 Sentinels: Aegis of Ruin, NieR: Automata), Allegra Clark (Apex Legends, Dragon Age: Inquisition), David Lodge (Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV), and Lucien Dodge (Fire Emblem: Three Houses, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series).
Pentiment: An Interview with Josh Sawyer - Sharp News
I spoke with Sawyer about his inspirations for the game, the bibliographic resources he and his team used for research, and the art of balancing historical accuracy with artistic license to create a compelling story.
Skyrim DLSS2/FSR2/XeSS Upscaler Mod now available for download - DSO
Last month, we informed you about a mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that would be adding support for DLSS 2, FSR 2 and XeSS. And today, we are happy to report that this Upscaler Mod is available for download.
Hogwarts Legacy New Gameplay Showcase Date

If you Love Elden Ring, You Need to Play Divinity: Original Sin 2

If You Love Elden Ring, You Need to Play Divinity: Original Sin 2. In this video, I’m going to talk about why you should play Divinity: Original Sin 2 if you love playing Elden Ring, so let’s get right into it!
How Hades 2 Can Improve the Original's Roguelike Gameplay - Gamerant
Hades 2 can improve upon Hades' gameplay by adding more variety to its rooms and encounters while also overhauling short and long-term progression.
Some Hogwarts Legacy Console Versions Delayed - Gematsu
Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Avalanche Software have delayed the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Hogwarts Legacy from their previously planned February 10, 2023 release date to April 4. The PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Steam) versions will still launch as planned on February 10.
Witcher 3 Next-Gen: You Play Big Games ALL WRONG - WhatsGood
These days… as time goes on, a lot of these games only get better. While some games go from good to great, Open-world games are often notorious for launching with a host of issues and bugs – one of the most egregious examples of late is obviously Cyberpunk 2077, while Witcher 3 was no polished gem at launch either and Bethesda games like Fallout and Skyrim are almost a masterclass (of failure) in launching games stacked with bugs.
Building Forspoken’s character and world for the PS5 generation - TheSixthAxis
Having gone hands on with two sections from early on in Forspoken, we were then able to sit down and speak to Luminous Productions Head Of Studio & Forspoken Director Akeshi Aramaki, Forspoken Co-Director Takefumi Terada, and Forspoken Creative Producer Raio Mitsuno.
Dying Light 2 Developer Tools Released - Steam
The rollout of official custom map support comes together with a free PC DLC allowing fans to create, download, and share custom maps for the PC version of Dying Light 2 Stay Human. The free Map Editor included in the DLC empowers Creators with Techland’s tools, allowing them to upload and share their maps with the entire Dying Light community.

I don't watch videos like the one that leads off your update, but I'm tempted just to see how any sane person could make the claim that liking Elden Ring in any way relates to playing D:OS2. Maybe that's the intention of the title. To lure in people internally saying "what? No way."

"Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Avalanche Software have delayed the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Hogwarts Legacy from their previously planned February 10, 2023 release date to April 4. The PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Steam) versions will still launch as planned on February 10."

I love this, and hope that any publisher still producing versions of games for the previous gen makes a similar decision. CDPR should have done that for Cyberpunk 2077.

Back
Top Bottom