Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I'm very interested in Sovereign Syndicate.

I'm also downright excited about Redfall at this point. I hadn't been because I thought it was going to primarily be a multiplayer action game, but the more I read/hear about it, the more I want it.

Future Games Show Spring Showcase 2023 Videos
Our friends at Techland brought a developer presentation for Dying Light 2 to the Spring Showcase, revealing more about the future of the game, and offering a sneak peek at upcoming story-driven DLC. We also learned that Dying Light 2's next major game update is coming on April 20th, and bringing more brutality to the game's combat.
The Future Games Show Spring Showcase saw the debut of a new trailer for Miasma Chronicles, the next game from the creators of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. We learned that it's launching on the 23rd of May for PC, Xbox and PS5.
Systemic Reaction brought the launch trailer for Ravenbound to the Future Games Show Spring Showcase. Ravenbound is an open-world roguelite with deck-building elements. It's coming to PC on March 30, 2023.
The Astronauts' Karol Krok dropped by the Future Games Show Spring Showcase to deliver a thrilling gameplay presentation for Witchfire, a magic-infused shooter coming soon to PC.

Deck Nine and Telltale Games brought a developer presentation for The Expanse: A Telltale Series to the Future Games Show Spring Showcase. 'Building on The Expanse' includes interviews with the game's developers and clips of gameplay. We also learned that Episode 1 of The Expanse: A Telltale Series is coming in Summer 2023 to PC, PlayStation and Xbox.
We finally got to play The Lord of the Rings: Gollum and unexpectedly found the stealth game to feature a very unique internal morality system between Smeagol and his more villainous personality, Gollum. Previewed on PC by Jarrett Green.

In this Diablo 4 Beta Beginner Guide, I’m going to break down the different mistakes you shouldn’t make to save you time during the Beta period. If you’re looking for effective ways to quickly get started in Diablo IV, then this guide is for you!

We chat with Vic Pflug from indie game group Wormwood Studios who create retro-style games, inspired by classics like Eye of the Beholder & Lands of Lore.
Pre-Alpha Gameplay of Yaesha, one of many environments you'll encounter in Remnant 2. Featuring the Gunslinger, Handler, and Challenger Archetypes.
Ashava the Pestilient is the first World Boss players at large have been able to get their hands on an bring down in Diablo 4. Before you head into the open beta this weekend, check out what to expect from the fight and what you can do to be the most prepared when Blizzard brings her back.
Talking about the recently announced Lamplighter's League and the subsequent gameplay details that followed via dev diaries.

Steampunk SRPG Shardpunk: Verminfallis coming to PC on April 13th

The war is lost, the Capital lies in ruins, and you’re on the run! Shardpunk: Verminfall mixes turn-based tactical strategy with RPG, survival, and resource management as you gather your team, scavenge for resources, fight enemy hordes, and seek shelter to live another day.

The makers of Genashin Impact release a preview stream / video for their next game, which is actually looking like a standard turn based JRPG : "Honkai : Star Trail".

This is the summary of it (official page) : https://www.hoyolab.com/article/17235112 and at YT : https://www.youtube.com/@HonkaiStarRail/

On their twitch video at least, the real stuff begins at 14:40 (with a humorous prelude at 12:00).
There is a *lot* of information in it, it may be that one needs to replay a few passages, because there's so much information in it.

Getting new party members is similar to the mechanic in Genshin Impact : You receive items, which you can use to kind of bet on a character - with a certain chance.
As far as I understood it, one can get these items through in-game play, so there is actually no need to pay anything. As a result, this game can be played absolutely F2P like Genshiin Impact, I suppose.

Since this game is turn based, it seems to have more complicated mechanics than Genshin Impact has.

I believe that one shouldn't read the plot in the Wikipedia page, because it contains lots of spoilers.

This episode covers one of the best-ever mods for Neverwinter Nights: Luke Scull's Siege of Shadowdale. Get it from GOG or Steam as part of the curated NWN collection:
We headed to the town of #redfall to check out the vampire apocalypse for ourselves. With Redfall gameplay footage supplied by Bethesda, join Aoife Wilson as she talks through everything new we learned, including the different vampires, unique character abilities, battle tactics, and the meaning behind the metaphor. As always, fangs for watching! #eurogamer

Last edited:

Learn more about the World of Valisthea in this latest trailer for Final Fantasy 16 which was showcased during PAX East 2023. Final Fantasy 16 is coming out on June 22nd on PlayStation 5.
Naoki Yoshida and Koji Fox help breakdown and give an overview of Final Fantasy XVI. We also get a glimpse of brand new in game footage during the PAX 2023 panel. Learn more about the upcoming game!
Get a glimpse of new gameplay from Middle-earth, with insights from the developers inspired by the iconic lore in The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
A new patch for Elden Ring has added ray tracing support to the game and Cyberpunk 2077 is getting ready to upgrade to path tracing on April 11.

In this Diablo 4 gameplay video, we take our level 25 Werebear Druid build through one of Diablo 4's many dungeons. This build is a pulverize/fortify build that focuses on tons of AOE damage and survivability.
Talking about what you can expect from the Druid and Necromancer classes in Diablo 4 after they were finally available to preview via the open beta.

Talking about some of my first experiences with Geneforge an almost cult classic cRPG from spiderweb software, specifically the remake from 2021 of the 2001 title.
The F4NV mod team has been making some huge progress on the new vegas remake lately. Here's everything we know so far about the project.
Capping off IGN's month long coverage of Remnant 2, we're talking about all the ways this sequel improves upon Remnant: From the Ashes in this exclusive first hands-on preview.

To summarize the interview somewhat, it tells us why the developers decided to go with a trio of premade characters (a minotaur magician, a corsair courtesan, a dwarf and his automaton) and the unique perspectives they bring to the table. The dwarf in particular will be drawing certain parallels between the modern-day advent of AI and a Victorian take on it with sentient steam-powered robots.

Talking about some of my favorite classic video games that I think have mostly stood the test of time.
Here is a look at FFXVI at Pax East.

PC The Last of Us Part I Released - Epic Games and Steam
Coming to PC for the first time, experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of US, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards.
This year's D&D Direct unveiled the new immersive virtual tabletop experience, D&D Digital Play Experience, presented by Wizards of the Coast. With stunning visuals and diverse creation tools, the D&D Digital Play experience will give players and Dungeon Masters a new way to fully sink into their campaign.
How does the witch magic affect spells in Witchfire? Some answers in this trailer.

Check out a Necromancer at the beta level cap of 25 going through the Impalers Delve Dungeon in Diablo 4. The Necromancer is using Sever Skeletal Warriors, Bone Mages, and the Bone Golem for summons, while using blood skills including Blood Mist, Bloodsurge, Hemorrhage, and the ultimate skill Blood Wave.

Travis Northup is back with a review in progress update after the second beta weekend and lots of time with the Necromancer and Druid classes under his belt. The build-crafting system, the joy of spontaneous alliances that its online model allows for, and the surprisingly engaging combat all continue to impress.

Back
Top Bottom