Cyberpunk 2077 - 20 Million Units sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Cyberpunk 2077 has sold 20 million units, according to CDPR:

Twitter - Cyberpunk 2077

Over 20 million cyberpunks have been roaming the streets of Night City - partying with Jackie and getting to know Johnny, driving around with Panam and diving with Judy, hanging out with River and listening to Kerry's songs. Thank you and we hope to see you all in the Afterlife!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Wow, seems like a damn good sales number to me, for a supposed great "disappointment" among fans... (sarcasm)

I'm not saying anything which I believe most people know already, but in gaming reviews the past several years there seems to be a piling on mentality of one aspect of a game being legit not good, such as bugs or a facial animation, and reviewers getting clicks by piling on the haterade. This makes it seem to many that a game is a laughing-stock failure when in reality it might be that the game was just released too early (which admittedly is not at all a good approach).

It's up to those who consume game reviews to try to sift through all of that, and it's becoming more difficult.

There is also the other direction of piling it on, in which reviews are glowing for a game with obvious flaws. I was done in by this for the game Heavy Rain which from what I read had pretty universal glowing reviews when it was released near 2012 or so, and after enjoying Detroit Become Human by the same developer I purchased Heavy Rain and hated it due to its obvious flaws, only to then search and find plenty of later reviews indicating that the game had serious flaws. That was my bad for not searching for more recent reviews, a learning moment.

I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 a whole lot when it was first released, despite experiencing a few bugs in which I had to load a slightly earlier save game (not nearly as bad as many others reported). I'm glad to see its good sales numbers and I hope other developers create games similar to this, as long as they don't release it too early.

Well deserved, that this fantastic game keeps selling, I think the major problem here was the console players. CDPR could not afford to release it after all people got next-gen consoles and it was really hard to make it run on the current generation. But I think they could not afford to lose all those sales. On the PC the game was really in a quite okay state from the start.

Would sales have been better (or average selling price) IF the game had been less buggy at release ? I think this is the important question for which we will never truly know the answer.

Then again maybe the solution is ala Larian release it as 'early access' so they can fix the bug under the coverage of it is in 'early access'....

Not bad but nowhere near the GTA numbers the initial business plan forcasted. We all know the reason why so no need to go over the reasons. One more expansion and it's done.

Anyway the sequel has been confirmed so despite everything it was a success.:clap:

Back
Top Bottom