C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
The following are just for some entertainment value for anyone interested.:biggrin:

Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews TRASH & Justify Low Scores But FAIL
The guy I always say this is for sure crpgnut?
I'm watching it.
EDIT:
Just as before, his points are valid.

Last edited:
The guy I always say this is for sure crpgnut?
I'm watching it. EDIT:Just as before, his points are valid.
He posted a few more with review critiques.:lol:

Terrible Cyberpunk 2077 Review BUSTED! She Didn't Even Play The Game!

Anita Sarkeesian Vs Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews!

Journos WHINE Cyberpunk 2077 Is TOO LONG In Game Review

Cberpunk 2077 Review FLAGGED Down & CD Project Red Issues Legal Warning

Last edited:
That first vid is unbelievable.
Who is that woman and what exactly is she doing in videogames industry?
Trolling?

I don't game in 2-4K or have an NVIDIA card so I'm fine.:cool:

Still it's amazing the top tier card struggles on max settings.

I fully expected that top end cards would struggle with max settings. TW2 and TW3 both brought systems to their knees for a long time when they were released. Cyberpunk doing the same is no surprise especially given how intensive ray-tracing is.

My experience so far (on Xbox One X) is: not very buggy, soft/blurry graphics, completely missing textures in some cases. Very disappointed by the visual fidelity, but so far all else is fine. I haven't gotten out to the open world in my 2 hours, though, so I may see a lot more bugs and glitches when I do, as well as possibly rougher frame rates. I hope not, obviously.

NVIDIA now offers new version 460.79 GeForce Windows drivers. Unsurprisingly, these are the game ready drivers for the release of Cyberpunk 2077

ps gog version has been cracked so stay away from forums if you dont want spoilers :lol:

gog version can not be cracked. It is DRM free, there is nothing to crack.

EDIT:

Day1 patch on GOG takes cca 10Gb.
However, it needs tons of free space. Make sure you have at least 50 more Gbs on your ssd otherwise it'll fail.
I'm not sure if 50 is correct it might need more, some say 40, some say 60, some say 100.
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/fail_to_update_the_game

Note that because of file editing process, applying the patch will take some time regardless of your CPU/ssd speed.
So watch something available today for example the new 30 Coins episode till it finishes.

Last edited:
Since when crafting means RPG? I won't argue on reviews being bad, no matter how I'm skeptical on reviewers.

But some fans (or other reviewers?) argument to bash a very negative review was making no sense for me.

Crafting isn't RPG stuff, if it is it's only recently that it became a sort of mandatory feature with most big RPG adding a lot of crafting. But no matter how big, it's total lack of fun, most often. And the Witcher 2&3 are good examples of boredom crafting systems and thankfully you can ignore it totally.

Say you skipped crafting, could mean it is total boredom. It's like saying you skipped DAI secondary quests, it could be because they are total boredom, or even the dev failed attract player curiosity to them.

This won't make the bashed review less bad, but I don't buy much of the bashing I saw quickly.

Seriously reviews of review, sigh. Post comments on a review ok, make a review of a review, woo, why?

I watched Skill-Up's review of Cyberpunk, and I'm afraid there's another thing that's gonna drag it down for me. One of the things I was hoping the game would do was tackle philosophical issues of the future, and from what he says, there's not too much of that. I'm still gonna have to experience it for myself, but I will be disappointed if that is the case. He also says that the writing and quests are no-where near as good as in Witcher 3. Another disappointment. :(

Also, it seems balancing items and resources and stats is absolutely nowhere to be seen. By the stats and numbers i've seen they probably didn't finetune anything yet with regards to your abilities/stats/items progression. So that's another thing they need to work on. I feel they're gonna have a full year of working on all of this to polish it all up. So expansions are probably gonna be 2 years off. Maybe.

I will be disappointed only if there are mandatory:
- car/bike races
- platforming or walking on walls
- grind

Note that because of file editing process, applying the patch will take some time regardless of your CPU/ssd speed.
I'm at 92% applying after about 40 minutes.
You're right about CPU, I'm barely using 4%, but the HDD I'm installing to is 100% use. It's one of the fastest HDDs I could find locally in 2016, but nowhere near an SSD in performance (obviously) so I imagine it's not going to take too long for people with those, cross fingers.
Edit: hmmm, looks like it might be stuck at 92% for a while. Time to walk the dog.

Yeah, I guess people were a bit hyped:

full

And now at 786,607. Bigger than DOTA2 and Counter-Strike COMBINED!

That probably explains why this damn patch is taking so long to download. I usually get up to 20MBs when downloading from Steam, but right now I'm only getting 1-2 MBs. :-/

I downloaded the whole game right after release (no preload since usually waiting for decryption is slower than just downloading) and was shocked how fast it went. Around 40MB/s. But probably from a european steam server.

Re-post: Since I have replies on another thread as well.

For reference 109.25 GB was what the GOG Download was with the day one patch.

Seems modern games are getting to bloated.

I was also getting 8-10 MB a second with GOG download speeds. Steam is faster. Then comes the slowest install of any game I ever witnessed. Eats up even more GB's.

Back
Top Bottom