C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
There's a big difference between the installed size and installer sizes it seems. Also I'm not using Galaxy but the self installer that has 26 parts almost 4GB each. It's huge.

Then installing the whole game takes a while also.

Edit #1: Also downloaded the bonus stuff a well.

Edit #2: Final size is close to 65GB it's crazy how much bigger the GOG installer is. From what I gather it's probably the extra Audio/Bonus files add to the size of install.

Last edited:
I got in and made a street kid. Ran into some key binding failures but otherwise no issues so far.

At 2560x1440 with a 2080ti I have every setting on max except the ray tracing which is on ULTRA (there is one higher that is labeled PSYCHO) but decided ultra would be good enough.

Running smooth but I only played the actual game about 20 minutes as most of the time, once downloaded and updated, was working on settings, controls, and then making V.

Also knee deep into WOTR Alpha right now so that is pulling my interest away, as is a new winter build for FO4 ... but expect I will play a bit tomorrow and through the weekend. See how it goes.

As far as the starting point goes for the Street Kid think it looks great. Lots of NPC's all around, great atmosphere, killer music. Can really feel the immersion and vibe.

Online now:988,356

Peak today:1,003,264

All-time peak:1,003,264

steam alone lol

I think 10 mil was number of sold copies of Witcher 3 in the first year, wasn't it?

Cyberpunk 2077 sells 8 million copies before launch.

https://nordic.ign.com/news/42141/cyberpunk-2077-sold-8-million-copies-before-launch

2 million more and it exceeds all Witcher sales combined, or what @Couchpotato?

EDIT: 10 million sales for the Witcher isn't true. It was 50 million in May 2020
Yep ten million was the first year of sales not the first month. My mistake.:blush:

Anyway some observations.

1. I wonder how many of those 8 million were pre-orders from years back.
2. Witcher 3 got a massive boost in sales from the TV show. Over 20 million.
3. They don't mention # of those copies were on cheap sales or free giveaways.
4. Witcher 3 has been out for over five years now.
5. GTA 5 sold over 120+ million in five years, It's a high bar to meet and beat.
6. Theirs also a Cyberpunk 2077 TV show in the works.
7. Congratulations to CPDR for eight million sales.

That's it.:cool:

Last edited:
Even with the TV show, 80% of Witcher sales were after the first year! That's a huge surprise to me!

Even with the TV show, 80% of Witcher sales were after the first year! That's a huge surprise to me!
Probably the reason why CDPR could waste eight years and over $325 million on Cyberpunk 2077. Though it looks like the price tag was getting a little to high.

Based on the other thread CDPR wants GTA 5 numbers. 50 million isn't enough.

Give an inch and it's never enough.:roll:

This is probably one of the most inclusive games released this generation. Don't believe me CDPR went back and re-designed certain parts of the game for a certain crowd.

The only thing that worries me is that the devs will (unconsciously) give in to this shit affecting the quality of their games. We see that already with Bioware and Ubisoft. Otherwise, I would dismiss it as internet BS ramblings. Can't people think of games as similar art to movies or books? No-one seems to complain about Game of Thrones, for example, and that has all the evil stuff you can think of in the world.

With love to you ;) Merry Yule!

https://www.cbr.com/cyberpunk-2077-transphobia/

Spoiler: read at your own risk.

An excerpt from the article…
At first, many trans players were happy with the idea that gender would not be determined by the character's genitals. However, that possible excitement turned to disbelief when gamers realized their character's gender and pronouns are not determined by genitals, but rather by voice. Only deep-voiced characters can be identified as male, while higher-pitched characters are identified as female, which purports the harmful idea that people's genders can be identified by certain traits.

The horror! How dare they make a male sound more masculine than a female!

I've determined I can safetly skip any future articles from CBR.

At first, many trans players were happy with the idea that gender would not be determined by the character's genitals. However, that possible excitement turned to disbelief when gamers realized their character's gender and pronouns are not determined by genitals, but rather by voice. Only deep-voiced characters can be identified as male, while higher-pitched characters are identified as female, which purports the harmful idea that people's genders can be identified by certain traits.
I wonder why CDPR they did this. In a game where gender is fluid, it shouldn't have been a problem to add a setting that defines which pronouns are used.

I wonder why CDPR they did this. In a game where gender is fluid, it shouldn't have been a problem to add a setting that defines which pronouns are used.

Well, just beacuse you perceive yourself in a certain way doesn't meen that others will perceive you in the same way. People are free to identify you however they want.

Edit: I guess except in some countrys like Canada where you are forced into a certain language (Bill C-16).

A Founding Father of Cyberpunk Isn't Surprised By Its Comeback - Wired
Mike Pondsmith, who wrote the tabletop RPG that inspired Cyberpunk 2077, explains why the genre feels vital in 2020.

While it's running decently to good on PC, aside from the bugs that will get fixed, seems the game runs not as well on old-gen consoles like PS4 and XBox One, besides the galore of bugs. And the worrying part is that as far as console players, that's where the majority of people are. Very few have Xbox Series X and PS5s. I guess that's why CDPR kept hammering on the message that there will be a free upgrade to next-gen consoles. But I wonder how many outraged people will just return their old-gen copies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtPgetQ0VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEGM_CiqOLc

I hope they manage to pull this off and fix it. This is gonna be a real hit to their image.

Not a big fan of that guy as all he ever seems to do is state the obvious. So yeah, the PC version with everything maxed looks better than the Xbox series X version. Were there actually people out there that thought it would look exactly the same on a console vs a high-end PC?

Back
Top Bottom